The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-05-2021, 12:34 PM   #161
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The show will go on hiatus in three weeks as the final season of Supergirl begins

https://www.cbr.com/supergirl-premie...n-lois-hiatus/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 02:06 PM   #162
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The show will go on hiatus in three weeks as the final season of Supergirl begins

yuck so we lose Superman till may and have the final season of SJWgirl instead no thank you
Old 03-05-2021, 05:09 PM   #163
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
yuck so we lose Superman till may and have the final season of SJWgirl instead no thank you
SJWGirl is cancelled? Sweet.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:33 PM   #164
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:

Dumb. Why even punish Superman for a show that's already cancelled?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:39 PM   #165
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Dumb. Why even punish Superman for a show that's already cancelled?
Not like they had a choice .They had to push the show back due a production issue involving COVID.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:53 PM   #166
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Not like they had a choice .They had to push the show back due a production issue involving COVID.
Oh. This is like the end of last year's season that got stopped?

But still. Right now Superman comes out the same night as Flash has been coming out... why can't Supergirl just do the same, or a different night every week?
Old 03-05-2021, 08:58 PM   #167
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Oh. This is like the end of last year's season that got stopped?

But still. Right now Superman comes out the same night as Flash has been coming out... why can't Supergirl just do the same, or a different night every week?
Supergirl used to be on sunday's with batwoman you know the girl power evening
Old 03-11-2021, 05:26 AM   #169
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Thumbs down

3 episodes in now and they're all solid and devoid of you-know-what. I'm impressed.
Old 05-18-2021, 05:45 AM   #171
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Interview with Todd Helbing on what's to come in the next couple of weeks

http://www.kryptonsite.com/kryptonsi...-todd-helbing/

Todd also reveals that the original plan was to feature Diggle in five episodes, but the pandemic cut the whole story down to just one. Diggle will also be the only character from the Arrowverse crossing over this season, although Helbing reveals he would love to bring The Flash over.
Old 05-19-2021, 05:26 PM   #172
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I enjoyed last night's episode. Glad this show is back
Old 05-25-2021, 11:47 PM   #173
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

welp the stranger is not a luthor but an alt earth John Henry Irons aka Steel the twist from tonights episode
Old 05-26-2021, 12:04 AM   #174
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
welp the stranger is not a luthor but an alt earth John Henry Irons aka Steel the twist from tonights episode
Well that's an interesting twist. And why not John Henry Irons, really.
Old 05-26-2021, 12:12 AM   #175
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Well that's an interesting twist. And why not John Henry Irons, really.
it was cool he even used his big ass hammer to attack superman for a bit. bet he will redeem himself by the end of the season or something
Old 06-08-2021, 11:31 PM   #176
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Morgan Edge is actually a kryptonian the episode ended with him in a black Krypton suit and calling superman brother while floating in the sky.

No word if he is Zod or someone else
Old 06-09-2021, 12:28 AM   #177
ZariusTwo
Overlord

This show actually has twists nobody sees coming. How is that humanly possible on either the CW or the age of the internet!
Old 06-09-2021, 12:59 AM   #178
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
This show actually has twists nobody sees coming. How is that humanly possible on either the CW or the age of the internet!
Agreed and I love it.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:39 AM   #179
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I really wonder why John Henry Irons hasn't gotten a lot more love these years. And to state the obvious... he's an original black superhero. And hey, instead of making Superman black in the Abrams produced thing coming up, why not put Ta-Nehisi Racist Coates to work on a new John Henry Irons movie?

If the message is, "Black superheroes can be just as popular as 'white' (even alien ones, from other worlds) superheroes... but just not on their own. They have to replace a white character, then they can be just as popular," that is a truly bizarre message. In fact, I don't see how it doesn't seem plainly obvious they're shooting themselves in the foot from the get go on it.
Old 06-09-2021, 03:47 AM   #180
Leo656
The Franchise

Y'know, since they've already had Superman's death onscreen in BvS, they could very easily do a "Steel" movie set in the same movie universe without having to tinker with very much at all.

It would be very easy to do. The movie could start shortly after Superman's onscreen death; pick up John Henry Irons as one of the mourners. He could have been one of the weapons contractors working for LexCorp until he had a change of heart. Flashback scene showing him being rescued by Superman at some point in the recent past, setting him up as his "inspiration". Pick up the plotline in the Present Day with some of his abandoned weapons tech getting out and into the wrong hands, and him deciding to try and pick up where Superman left off to try and stop it. Show him doing the deal over a period of weeks or months; you could even have Amy Adams do a Lois cameo. At the end, he gets the weapons off the streets and stops whoever the Big Bad of the movie is, and by this point Superman has come back to life so Irons contemplates retiring, figuring he's fulfilled his promise to Superman that he would "make his life count for something" and that there's no need to keep going out as Steel. But then Superman himself comes to him and thanks him for taking care of Metropolis while he was "away", and encourages him to keep fighting the good fight because "We can always use more help." Superman and Steel establish their partnership, the movie ends, and WB now has a ready-made, Superman-adjacent franchise that ostensibly would appeal to the "minority" demographic that the Black Superman project is aiming for, but in a much more organic and less insulting way.

I mean, that's it, right there. I just did all the work short of coming up with the villain, but I mean that's the "Steel" movie right there and it fits in so perfectly with the movies they've already done that doing it any other way would honestly be more work than necessary.

The only reasons I can figure why Steel doesn't get more of a push, is that 1. He's more less just "Black Iron Man" (somewhat valid criticism), and 2. He's too closely linked to the 1990s, and disregarding that entire decade at all costs in favor of Literally Everything But That has more or less been unspoken policy at DC ever since guys like Geoff Johns and Mark Waid started getting more power around 2005 or so.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote