The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-23-2019, 05:49 AM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

TMNT wishlist for the 2020's

With the Christmas and holiday season being around us, I think it's time to ask:

What would you like to see, TMNT-wise, for the upcoming decade. I'm not talking about Christmas gifts, but productions or events you would like to happen.

It can be a comic series, a cartoon or live-action television series, an action figure series, a film or film series. It can also be a purchase of the franchise, the return of some characters you like, or something else.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 07:50 AM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

A live action film with properly grounded grit that has the tone (but not necessarily the same content) of Mirage. Start with street level stuff, then go into space & time travel in future installments. No Fred Wolf stuff.

An anime adaption. Something entirely unique yet inherently Japanese. Go nuts with tokusatsu influence.

New comics that pick up where other things left off. For example, continue the 1987 cartoon or original film series in comic form.

Collectibles based on Mirage, IDW, Archie, specifically, figures which resemble the art style of artists synonymous for illustrating them. Deluxe toys of Rise, 4kids, Next Mutation, would be great.

Overall, for new iterations, I want new material. Things that deviate from the norm & don't recycle old characters/plots, like Super Mutant Turtles Legend, Rise, TNM, Souls Winter. Whatever comes, let it be refreshing. Other than that, a proper Eastman & Laird collaboration AND Vol. 3 finisher are both due in the near future, so that's two fantastic things I need not list!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 08:27 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

We’re obviously not getting a new cartoon or movie in 2020 so there’s no point to wish for that. Rise will continue airing its second season and any movie is far off to 2022 at the earliest.

IDW will continue along as usual. We’re getting the official Image conclusion with 3 new issues so there’s that. Post issue 100 I don’t really care about so much but we’ll see where it goes.

I do think we’ll get a sequel to the Batman/TMNT cartoon crossover movie. Hopefully the sequel is better than the comic sequel.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 10:49 AM   #4
AquaParade
Banned

Eastman and Laird reuniting for The Last Ronin is hard to top.

I'd love something aimed at me, in a visual medium. An adult animation or a movie I can really get behind. Something bold and daring, but takes influence from Mirage. That's something I've been waiting for a long time, so an announcement would be incredible.

That's all I really want - The kick-ass TMNT feature film that we all know could exist in the right hands. I want for the potential of the franchise to be fulfilled on the big-screen and to watch the volcanic eruption that envelops the franchise afterwards. A seismic shake-up. Blockbuster films have that power.

Last edited by AquaParade; 12-23-2019 at 10:57 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 11:09 AM   #5
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

If we do get a new animated adult series I hope someone like Tradd Moore or James Stokoe is the character designers and have either the animation team from Rise or the animation team for Primal(Including Genndy Tartakovsky) also I want a liberal adaption of the IDW series as in take some influence from that but don't be afraid to change a few things.

Another thing is that I want a good TMNT game, the one from Plantium was alright but something like Sekiro's combat, Batman's Predator system, Spider-man's Traversal system, and Yakuza style mini games and boom there goes your perfect TMNT game.
Old 12-23-2019, 11:29 AM   #6
newfan
Mad Scientist

Any of the following, a decent movie (sequel if it is good), Netflix series, another animated series.

Of course I woud love to see my favourites again in a DVD special, this is the least likely thing out of all I think would happen.

Last edited by newfan; 12-23-2019 at 11:39 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 01:27 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

One thing I'd like to see is an animated theatrical film, something we haven't gotten since 2007.

Honestly, the franchise lends itself really well to animation, and there is so much untapped potential in terms of story and characters.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 03:26 PM   #8
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Rise get officially cancelled
a non stinky Turtles movie that is actually good. (not counting the good first 90's one)
a new adult cartoon.
Old 12-23-2019, 03:49 PM   #9
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Rise must become as serious as the 2003 or 2012 series are also i will kill the turtles and in the next movie i will escape from the technodrome and kill Krang! Fot 2020 the only big thing that might happen is the next live action movie. There will not be another tv series so soon. As all tv series have reached 5 seasons dont expect rise to stop until it also reaches at least 5 seasons if not more but as i said it must become as serious as the 2003 and 2012 series until then.

Last edited by shredder orokusaki; 12-23-2019 at 03:55 PM.
shredder orokusaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #10
frank_one
Mad Scientist

More Mirage stuff, that's the only thing I want and I care about.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:40 PM   #11
Leo656
The Franchise

I've enjoyed some of the more recent games more than most people - Out of the Shadows and the Platinum one, anyway, the Nick ones are kinda crummy - but I'd love a really, really good video game.

Anything else seems too unrealistic to even hope for.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 04:50 PM   #12
Hockey Boy
Random Punk

Duuude,, out of the shadows was AWESOME
i liked the attacks, Raphael climbing up a dude and kneeing him in the face, Michelangelo holding nunchucks in his toes in a battle, and doing all these fancy moves only to kick a thug in the crotch, Donatello making somebody “dance” by hitting them in the toes repeatedly.I’d love to see more action like that, oh, and a playable Casey Jones of course.
-Purple Dra-Gons, come out and Pla-ay!- 2003
-And Im sayin - Make me.- 2011
-Casey Jones shoots - He scores!- 2012
-Hey, fellas!Remember me?- 2016
-id start running if I were you!- 2018
Hockey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 05:03 PM   #13
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I've enjoyed some of the more recent games more than most people - Out of the Shadows and the Platinum one, anyway, the Nick ones are kinda crummy - but I'd love a really, really good video game.

Anything else seems too unrealistic to even hope for.
I have not played a TMNT game since Arcade Attack. Smash Up was so misleading in advertising ( not Mirage's fault) with the possibilities for the roster slots and we got three Rabbids, Nightwatcher, and an utrom. April and a foot soldier were also wasted slots IMHO. I really want to see a true all gnerations fighter game.

I also look forward to TMNT Adventures getting proper closure with #73-#77 seeing print this year.

I hope that IDW will continue its ongoing for the foreseeable future.

See The Punk Frogs, Groundchuck, and Dirtbag get more usage. Characters I always thought had a lot of potential that are constantly overlooked.

It is my hope that we will see a healthy number of characters produced from Necas two pack line. I already see some good stuff in the pipeline just please no army building, I don't build armies as I don't open the figures.

I got to see the TMNT team up with Batman, Robin, and Batgirl and I got an apology from the spit in your face team up with the "Power Rangers" and we got an offshoot of IDW's TMNT teaming up with the original six. Now, that leaves Spider-Man. If only Marvel would allow crossovers and they could be Spider-Man and Daredevil.
Old 03-01-2020, 06:47 PM   #14
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, Smash-Up was a bit disappointing - could hardly believe that I did literally everything there is to do with the game in a day - and I never played Arcade Attack, but I maintain that Mutants In Manhattan is good. Currently playing it again, as a matter of fact. It's no epic but it's altogether pretty damn good, especially by TMNT game standards, doubly so by the standards of the last few years.

I personally feel like people completely overreacted to the fact that there's no local co-op and rain hatred on the game as a whole based on that alone, but frankly the camera isn't great so local co-op would have likely made the game a mess. I mostly play solo anyway so it doesn't bother me. By single-player beat-'em-up standards it's a lot of fun. It's not Arkham, but it was never gonna be and no TMNT game is ever gonna get the budget to be that. So it's probably the best we're gonna see for a long time and I do recommend any fan that hasn't checked it out to do so. You may be pleasantly surprised.

That said, even as a fan of it I see lots of room for improvement and definitely wouldn't mind a sequel or follow-up. There's very little money in doing a TMNT game at this point in time, though, since the franchise is mostly dormant, so more budget or mobile titles is the most we can probably hope for anytime soon.

Old 03-01-2020, 07:10 PM   #15
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah, Smash-Up was a bit disappointing - could hardly believe that I did literally everything there is to do with the game in a day - and I never played Arcade Attack, but I maintain that Mutants In Manhattan is good. Currently playing it again, as a matter of fact. It's no epic but it's altogether pretty damn good, especially by TMNT game standards, doubly so by the standards of the last few years.

I personally feel like people completely overreacted to the fact that there's no local co-op and rain hatred on the game as a whole based on that alone, but frankly the camera isn't great so local co-op would have likely made the game a mess. I mostly play solo anyway so it doesn't bother me. By single-player beat-'em-up standards it's a lot of fun. It's not Arkham, but it was never gonna be and no TMNT game is ever gonna get the budget to be that. So it's probably the best we're gonna see for a long time and I do recommend any fan that hasn't checked it out to do so. You may be pleasantly surprised.

That said, even as a fan of it I see lots of room for improvement and definitely wouldn't mind a sequel or follow-up. There's very little money in doing a TMNT game at this point in time, though, since the franchise is mostly dormant, so more budget or mobile titles is the most we can probably hope for anytime soon.
It's the way Ubisoft promoted the game through its website and game magazines that was false advertising making us guess who could possibly be on the roster of a 25 year history. Form its unveiling in December 2008 unitl D3 in June 2009 I was super hyped thinking of possibilities of who will make the cut only none of them made it. Just the 2007 movie plus Shredder and Fugitoid. Ever since I wanted another chance of a true roster of different incarnations brought together in a fighter game.

The one game since the Nick acquisition that I wanted to play was Mutants In Manhattan, but I lack the proper game system to play it on. I always keep up with the latest Gameboy incarnation going back to the original black and white Gameboy, but I only have up to a Wii as far as consoles are concerned. I grew up and had less time for games. If there is a way to play Mutants In Manhattan I would gladly play it (hint anyone who has a gray area link that will not mess up a laptop send me a PM) as it seems to be a update of the first generation of games, the Technodrome four, Slash and Karai as bosses too. Another cool aspect is the story mode was written by Tom Waltz so it gives it vlaidity like no other. Only Kevin Eastman writing the story mode would have been a cooler idea. I believe it is held high among fandom, but how did it hold up among sales? I would like a sequel just on the basis of it.

Or if it counts, I have played the heck out of Rescue Palooza. This is the game of all TMNT games. Very little left to be desired in that game. Even Stan Saki approved of it. I just wish it had infinite continues or lives.
Old 03-01-2020, 07:57 PM   #16
Leo656
The Franchise

Smash-Up's roster is definitely weak and a wasted opportunity. I remember reading about it and being dumbfounded by some of those choices. Especially as a huge fan of the SNES Tournament Fighters, and how it was kind enough to include characters from the cartoons, Mirage comics AND Archie comics on its roster (and almost, allegedly, from the third film, since Aska was apparently named "Mitsu" in the games' code until super-late in the development, despite looking little like the character from the film).

With modern fighting games and their common practice of including huge rosters of dozens upon dozens of characters, along with how awesomely the TMNT were handled in Injustice 2, one salivates at the potential for a modern TMNT fighting game. You could even take advantage of the fact that there are so many different incarnations of the brand now, and include multiple versions of some characters, either as new skins or separate slots entirely. Lots of cool stuff could be done, making it all the more shameful that Smash-Up is the most recent attempt.

What there IS of that game is alright, but if you play it for an hour you've done everything, and that's just a real shame.

Regarding Mutants In Manhattan, hopefully you'll get a chance to play it one day. I hadn't played it for about two years I think, but I sometimes decide to mess with it for a couple days in between "big" games and it's always a lot of fun. It's the kind of game where you can play it one level at a time just to blow off some steam or try and beat the whole thing and either way you feel like you got something done. It's kind of a short game - you can beat it in about 4 or 5 hours - but I think that's just fine for a beat-'em-up. It also gets to be both easier and more fun as you unlock stronger Special attacks for each Turtle. One cool thing, to me, is how even though the basic levels are always the same, the side missions that pop up within those levels are somewhat randomized, so it's never exactly the same game twice; sometimes you'll be tasked with protecting a pizza stand for X minutes, another time you'll have to recover stolen gold and take it to a safe zone within a time limit, and so on. You never know exactly what you'll get, which keeps the levels from becoming stale or repetitive. Related to that are the Secret Boss missions, where sometimes a second Boss will jump in during the end-of-level Boss fights depending on a seemingly-random variety of factors. Nobody seems entirely sure how to trigger them (although your score and whether or not you've already beaten the level seem to be the main factors), but it's always neat to see Shredder suddenly jump in while you're fighting Karai, for example, and it keeps you on your toes since you never completely know what to expect.

I'unno. It got mediocre reviews and apparently didn't sell well, but I really like it. It's not quite as good as some other games by the same publisher but it's definitely near the top of the list as far as TMNT games go. Room for improvement? Absolutely! But what's there is still very good. "Kinda short, kinda easy" is literally the worst thing I can say about it, and those aren't even really negatives.

If you do get to check it out I'm curious as to your thoughts. As I said, I think I hadn't played it for almost two years but it's definitely better than I remembered.

Old 03-01-2020, 09:24 PM   #17
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

• TMNT 2003 Blu-ray set, merchandise, and action figures
  • More video games
  • A return to form TV show
  • A return to form movie
  • Batman vs. TMNT movie sequel
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:33 PM   #18
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
  • TMNT 2003 Blu-ray set
  • Batman vs. TMNT movie sequel
This. And TMNT '12 on Blu Ray.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:12 PM   #19
miru
Mad Scientist

* A sequel to Smash-Up, more akin to Sonic Battle.
* Reprints of the Newspaper Comic, the mangas, etc.
* A conclusion to Volume 4.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:11 PM   #20
Hockey Boy
Random Punk

*Rise to continue for at least 3 seasons
*a good film
*IDW to stop being bad
*a nice game
*Casey Jones being a Chad
Im a simple man
-Purple Dra-Gons, come out and Pla-ay!- 2003
-And Im sayin - Make me.- 2011
-Casey Jones shoots - He scores!- 2012
-Hey, fellas!Remember me?- 2016
-id start running if I were you!- 2018

Last edited by Hockey Boy; 03-08-2020 at 10:49 PM.
Hockey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote