The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-06-2022, 07:54 PM   #101
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

30 year old here.

Now I feel like an old hag. -_-
Old 12-07-2022, 04:04 PM   #102
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Well, my twenty-fifth birthday had passed.

How time passes by ...
Damn, already? I remember this thread when you started it. Kids would think that was forever ago while to the rest of us it feels like yesterday. lol

The 20s is definitely a bit of whiplash after the teens takes foreeeeever, and sorry to say it doesn't slow down.

But then there's the weird part when you're 30, 40, etc, and still mentally feel like the person you were at 25. Just makes aging feel that much more unfair, having to remind yourself of your own age when you don't feel like it on the inside. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 10:15 PM   #103
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I get another year tacked onto me next week.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 09:06 AM   #104
IMJ
Emperor

When I was 30 I psychologically felt "old". I was an idiot.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 06:16 PM   #105
CyberCubed
Overlord

If you told me I was still 18 I would believe it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 07:11 PM   #106
Prowler
Emperor

I felt older some years ago than I do nowadays. It's strange. Could have been my untreated depression aging my brain at a faster rate than normal.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 09:57 AM   #107
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I was such an immature brat at 20.

I don't know if I get mature as I get older or not, but I get more aware of it as I get older and try to act more accordingly. At least out in public.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 12:40 PM   #108
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Think the maturing is supposed to be done (alongside brain development) around 25? A still somewhat immature 20-year-old wouldn't surprise me all that much, they've still got some time and don't hold the same priorities of someone 25+ yet. (Funny how most at that age think we were totally mature and looking back... no, kid...just no. lol) Still acting like that past 25 and esp at 30... someone is probably as good as they are gonna get in that department. A potential partner who is like that, don't expect them to ever grow up.

That's not to say a person can't stay a kid at heart though, big difference between that and being stunted in their emotional maturity.
Old 12-11-2022, 11:05 AM   #109
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Not sure how true it is, but I always heard that girls/women mature faster and sooner than guys do. Might also explain why some women prefer guys who are slightly older as partners. I forget, but it's like a woman who is 25 and also 25 maturity-wise, a guy would have that same level of maturity but physically an older age, like 30 or something weird like that. Who knows how true that is though. As a whole, it probably just depends on the person in a general sense.

I was told growing up that I had kind of an "old soul", not sure if you can equate that to maturity level, though. I do believe in being a kid at heart and I'm glad that given societal changes, we all can openly be kids at heart compared to the past where you would've been viewed as immature and all that. There's a difference between liking something you grew up with or reminiscing about that thing and acting the age you were when being first introduced to that thing.

We all do have to grow up at some point, and I think being able to prioritize responsibilities can show maturity level too. The priority of a 20-year-old is going to definitely be different from someone in their 30s, 40s, 50s, etc., and if you still have the 20-year-old mentality at like 50...eh...no thanks.

To kind of answer the question from personal experience, when I was 20, I was focused on getting a halfway decent job with benefits to build a nest egg, support myself, get my own place, and all that since I've always valued being independent to the point of its being a flaw (my parents said I'd always been this way, even in my super, have hardly any memories days). It'd been a priority for me since I was a teen anyway. When I was 12, I'd already made up my mind about how I wanted to be moved out by 18 and on my own. lol Going to school was the other priority for me at that age. Funny how things don't work out as fully planned.

Last edited by ssjup81; 12-11-2022 at 11:13 AM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 11:19 AM   #110
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Not sure how true it is, but I always heard that girls/women mature faster and sooner than guys do. Might also explain why some women prefer guys who are slightly older as partners. I forget, but it's like a woman who is 25 and also 25 maturity-wise, a guy would have that same level of maturity but physically an older age, like 30 or something weird like that. Who knows how true that is though. As a whole, it probably just depends on the person in a general sense.

I was told growing up that I had kind of an "old soul", not sure if you can equate that to maturity level, though. I do believe in being a kid at heart and I'm glad that given societal changes, we all can openly be kids at heart compared to the past where you would've been viewed as immature and all that. There's a difference between liking something you grew up with or reminiscing about that thing and acting the age you were when being first introduced to that thing.

We all do have to grow up at some point, and I think being able to prioritize responsibilities can show maturity level too. The priority of a 20-year-old is going to definitely be different from someone in their 30s, 40s, 50s, etc., and if you still have the 20-year-old mentality at like 50...eh...no thanks.

To kind of answer the question from personal experience, when I was 20, I was focused on getting a halfway decent job with benefits to build a nest egg, support myself, get my own place, and all that since I've always valued being independent to the point of its being a flaw (my parents said I'd always been this way, even in my super, have hardly any memories days). It'd been a priority for me since I was a teen anyway. When I was 12, I'd already made up my mind about how I wanted to be moved out by 18 and on my own. lol Going to school was the other priority for me at that age. Funny how things don't work out as fully planned.
Yeah it is usually how it goes. You're kind of a perfect example. A lot of women in their 20's will be thinking of future plans and whatnot, but the average 20 year old is more concerned about getting laid or buying the latest videogame or whatever.

I think a lot of women date older men cause most of the times the older men already have their finances in order, their own house, car, etc. They're not working part time at McDonald's for example.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 12:12 PM   #111
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah it is usually how it goes. You're kind of a perfect example. A lot of women in their 20's will be thinking of future plans and whatnot, but the average 20 year old is more concerned about getting laid or buying the latest videogame or whatever.
Man, this is when my gaming kinda stopped. I couldn't afford to buy them. My parents weren't going to and extra money I had went towards things I actually needed...like gas and car maintenance since I did have one by then (cost me $1900...old Chrysler). So much I missed out on, but I was legally an adult (18 ) and the rule from my folks was, unless it was a necessity, don't expect anything like that from them. Video games are a want, not a need...something else that was beat into my brain from a young age. Learning the difference. I kinda didn't want them to anyway because of the whole wanting to be independent to the point of its being a flaw thing, I mentioned. It did feel more rewarding when saving up and buying something on my own, though, like how I saved up to buy Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Yellow or when I saved up to buy a Gamecube and get Wind Waker or when I saved up to pick up a couple of the .hack games, Final Fantasy XII, and Kingdom Hearts for my PS2, for example.

Quote:
I think a lot of women date older men cause most of the times the older men already have their finances in order, their own house, car, etc. They're not working part time at McDonald's for example.
This could be a factor, but you'd be surprised with some others. I think a woman would date a guy who works at a McDonald's if he has a good head on his shoulders and all that, and doesn't have the emotional maturity level of a teenager or something. My former roommate who's still in Japan (and engaged now) that I've mentioned, would go on about why she didn't like dating guys younger than her or dealing with them, and it was similar to my view. It was because of their emotional maturity levels, not the type of jobs they had. I don't recall that ever coming up for her (job thing). The guy she's with now is younger than her, but he's very mature and responsible, which is what attracted her to him.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 04:03 PM   #112
CyberCubed
Overlord

Now that I'm in my mid-30's anyone under the age of 30 is a "kid" to me. It's really weird how the older you get, the younger everyone gets under you. There's a 25 year old at my job and they look like they could pass for a high school student.

God we are so old.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 05:16 PM   #113
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
God we are so old.
At least we still have some decades before anyone is sharing pics of their new TMNT themed customized cane or walker.

Tags
passage of time, time cucks, timelords ponder, whats it like being a sjw