The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-27-2022, 01:23 PM   #4361
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Excluding the unobtainable BttS... 2003 DVD collection complete. And just under 3 months of hunting down copies. A Goodwill listed a copy of H.A.T.E. on eBay this morning that wasn't so outrageously costly, and guess I spotted it first.

So, yeah, if one of you guys want that copy that's currently listed for $752, it's all yours. lol (Why does that one keep increasing in price?? It was $708 when I started collecting these and have watched it continue to go up.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-27-2022 at 01:34 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:54 PM   #4362
Leo656
The Franchise

Getting more settled in at the new job. Some days are pretty painful but others are way more laid back, it's almost never the same thing two days in a row. And the rough days are less rough now that I'm more used to it. Some days are pretty fun, and everybody on my shift gets along at least. I'm always hearing horror stories about the 7am-3:30pm shift but I don't really deal with those people.

Supposedly, they want to put me in a Lab Tech position, and they started training me on that on Wednesday. I'd still be doing all the stuff I already do but I'd ALSO be doing that, and a little less of the other stuff. Like my buddy works in the lab and he does a little of everything but on days like today all he does is lab work, none of the other stuff. They're shorthanded in that department and it's a huge part of the job, so they want to move me there as soon as possible, which could be a few months but it's interesting that it's even on the table. It'd come with a small pay raise, too.

I'm a little surprised they're so high on me right out of the gate, but whatever. It's a big job but I've never cashed bigger checks in my life.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 12:29 AM   #4363
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Getting more settled in at the new job. Some days are pretty painful but others are way more laid back, it's almost never the same thing two days in a row. And the rough days are less rough now that I'm more used to it. Some days are pretty fun, and everybody on my shift gets along at least. I'm always hearing horror stories about the 7am-3:30pm shift but I don't really deal with those people.

Supposedly, they want to put me in a Lab Tech position, and they started training me on that on Wednesday. I'd still be doing all the stuff I already do but I'd ALSO be doing that, and a little less of the other stuff. Like my buddy works in the lab and he does a little of everything but on days like today all he does is lab work, none of the other stuff. They're shorthanded in that department and it's a huge part of the job, so they want to move me there as soon as possible, which could be a few months but it's interesting that it's even on the table. It'd come with a small pay raise, too.

I'm a little surprised they're so high on me right out of the gate, but whatever. It's a big job but I've never cashed bigger checks in my life.
It sounds like they're just happy they finally someone that's actually happy to be there. Keep it up and soon you'll become indispensable to the company, which is always a good thing.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 12:57 AM   #4364
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:

Ride it. That's awesome, man. But be firm with them about what you're willing/able to do, within the confines of what the others are, too. I suspect you're like a huge positive personality on the job that infuses others and they would see that as a big added value.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 01:33 AM   #4365
Leo656
The Franchise

I mean, there's other happy people there. I think "Happy + Competent" is the tricky formula. Also, Life Experience is important.

Example: They hired a 19-year old on the same day as me. Hard worker, good enough guy so far. But lots of "generational" things are gonna work against him. Like he'll "forget" to put his work boots on before coming into the building even though it's mandatory. And he keeps getting caught on his cell phone by the boss; now, we ALL do it, but for one thing there's a wisdom in knowing how to pick your spots which the kid clearly hasn't figured out yet. But worse is how he sort of griped to us after getting a reprimand, like "I don't really get the big deal..." Uhhhh, there's giant machines and sh*t everywhere and people zipping around on forklifts, there's danger around every turn if you're not alert, thus you "can't" have people goofing on their phones. Again, we ALL sneak a quick scroll but 1. Know When/Where to get away with it, and 2. The "why" of it all shouldn't need explaining, it's common sense.

So I mean, obviously if they're gonna bump someone up to a better position it's not gonna be that one, at least not yet.

One thing is some people openly turn down stuff like the Lab Tech part or the Machine Operator job because they don't want the responsibility. I kinda get that; I was like "The f*ck they want me to do lab work for?" It never came up in the interview and I never indicated any interest - not that I'm AGAINST it, mind you - so it's more of the company saying, "We need this job done and you seem like you'd be able to do it." I'm fine learning it if they wanna teach me; some of the other guys are just "Nah, I can't be bothered". Which is fine, that's their prerogative. Me, I'm fine learning a skill that comes with more cash plus fewer hours stacking boxes.

I mean it's not a terribly complicated job, I think some people just can't handle the workload. It's definitely work, I'm sure most people would hate it. But I mean, it's a lot of money and all you gotta do is show up on time and do what's asked. I'd hoped that by 40 I could kind of stop having to sweat for a living but eh, it's whatever.

And at least it's a job with upward mobility, which none of my other jobs had. Everything always had a very low ceiling, with this at least I can hang around and move slightly forward. And raises based on performance and tenure are built in, too. More money was always a "Don't Even Ask" at EVERY job I ever had; I been here three weeks and already they supposedly want to move me up. Can't lie, feels nice. I had to fight for every scrap of appreciation I got at my other jobs.

Old 12-02-2022, 03:16 AM   #4366
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

getting the third check in for my senior seminar paper in on school website. I spent 9 hours straight on it. very tired and have to work tomorrow

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 03:25 PM   #4367
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Close to frozen hands in the low 40s, but the Christmas lights are up. Would have waited for tomorrow when it's a little "warmer," but of course that includes rain... So at least the outside is done and will work on shifting the inside decorations tomorrow.
Old 12-04-2022, 01:48 PM   #4368
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yay... a package in tracking finally scanned and updated after 4 days of silence. Glad to see they have not lost my TMNT H.A.T.E. DVD and hope it gets here unscathed and functioning.

Also, my new favorite quote. That could be slapped onto a lot of things these days. lol

Old 12-04-2022, 02:27 PM   #4369
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Not having to work with an a-hole supervisor.

It sucks a bit that I got canned, but the reduced hours and having to deal with someone that has a big chip up his butt, is just a bit too much.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 11:25 PM   #4370
Leo656
The Franchise

So at my new job, if you recommend someone to be hired and it works out, you get a $500 "recruiter bonus" after a few weeks.

Today my buddy who got me the job called me into the lab and gave me half his bonus in an envelope.

There really are some good ones out there.

Old 12-06-2022, 10:17 AM   #4371
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
So at my new job, if you recommend someone to be hired and it works out, you get a $500 "recruiter bonus" after a few weeks.

Today my buddy who got me the job called me into the lab and gave me half his bonus in an envelope.

That is fantastic. I've both seen and experienced "referral hire bonuses" several times in my life and I've never seen anyone do that. Not once.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 03:46 PM   #4372
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:

Aw, that's awesome. And nice that they give that much. (Think it's only $100 for mine.)

Happy maker.... Was Monday, been off of here a couple days with late work days, but my TMNT Against H.A.T.E. DVD finally showed up, and perfect working copy, so my thanks to whoever gave it to the Goodwill in Seattle instead of selling it themselves. Normally I'd feel that $32 is a bit much for an old used DVD, but far better and not one you hesitate on, so was definitely doable and the money goes to charity so that's a plus.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-07-2022 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-12-2022, 05:28 PM   #4373
Leo656
The Franchise

Been too busy to post.

Company Christmas party was great. I got a nice cash bonus and won a $75 Outback Steakhouse gift card in a raffle.

Got most of my Christmas shopping done with plenty left over to have fun with.

Present to myself came today, a region-modded PS2 Slim. So I can finally dig into my stack of PS2 games again. Ordered a few import games to play but they haven't arrived yet. Hopefully it'll work as advertised.

Old 12-13-2022, 08:04 AM   #4374
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Been too busy to post.

Company Christmas party was great. I got a nice cash bonus and won a $75 Outback Steakhouse gift card in a raffle.

Got most of my Christmas shopping done with plenty left over to have fun with.

Present to myself came today, a region-modded PS2 Slim. So I can finally dig into my stack of PS2 games again. Ordered a few import games to play but they haven't arrived yet. Hopefully it'll work as advertised.
Just make sure to not get drunk and leave your title behind at the steakhouse.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 03:08 PM   #4375
CyberCubed
Overlord

Man I forgot you guys actually have to buy Christmas presents for a whole bunch of people every year. How much do you guys spend? Thank god I don't have to do it. I can't imagine buying gifts for like 10+ people in your family every year.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 03:27 PM   #4376
Leo656
The Franchise

Actually I only gotta buy for my wife, myself, and her parents. Her dad usually doesn't want anything and her Mom always just wants like Yankee Candle stuff or jigsaw puzzles. Wife is like me, video games and action figures and DVDs. I usually get her like 15-20 things and it's usually only a few hundred bucks. Figure most of the action figures are around $25 each and the games between $10-40 so I do okay.

Old 12-15-2022, 01:18 PM   #4377
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, it's only 5 family members for me, plus a friend I exchange with, and we don't go overboard.

Only catch for me is 3 of them also have December birthdays, so have get gifts for that, too... There used to be 7 birthdays thrown on top of the holidays between Nov 1st through Jan 11th, so technically it could be worse and that doesn't include anyone on my dad's side since we're not close like that.

If it was 10+ people to shop for... that would really have to be scaled down.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-15-2022 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-15-2022, 05:15 PM   #4378
Leo656
The Franchise

Got my 1-month Performance Review and they said they're extremely pleased.

If they're happy then I'm happy.

Old 12-15-2022, 09:53 PM   #4379
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

I bought my little nephew a teddy bear, which was only $5 and I got it from Wal-Mart. But he loves that thing. He takes it with him to the daycare, sleeps with it, and even pretends to feed it!

And just recently, he took it with him to see Santa Claus at the mall. The picture of him hugging that bear while sitting on Santa’s lap melted my heart.
Old 12-15-2022, 11:23 PM   #4380
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nothing better than to see a little kid totally love something you gave him.

Handmade a little plush ghost for my own nephew last year. Never made a plush before in my life, but far as I know has held up pretty well, albeit now wearing that "worn out a bit by a kid" look. He's always been into "monsters," but last year was a little wary over the idea of "ghosts" and I wanted to give him one that is friendly. It probably mostly hangs out in his room or whatnot now, which is fine, but he was quite attached to it for a long while and got to go to a bunch of places with them and made me happy to see. I even made up a little jar that was a mix of mini marshmallows and light green rock candy (ectoplasm of course!) as ghost food, safe for him to eat as well, and I think he mostly just kept it for the ghost.

edit: Still proud of making this little thing, so here's pics.
Spoiler:

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-15-2022 at 11:33 PM.