The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 02-14-2022, 01:35 PM   #201
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Its great to see the relationship between Kraang Subprime and Prime explored. What makes it so intriguing partly is that Kraang Subprime willingly serves the cause of the Kraang, truly believing that operating as a hive mind is for the Utrom's own good.

Making Kraang Subprime this show's version of Ch'rell is also a nice touch. Besides the scars, they also seem to have an affinity for impersonating others.

I also like the backstory you gave to 1987 Krang. My headcanon says that his lizard body could've been one of the failed experiments conducted on him by Kraang Prime during the healing process.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 02:51 PM   #202
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Its great to see the relationship between Kraang Subprime and Prime explored. What makes it so intriguing partly is that Kraang Subprime willingly serves the cause of the Kraang, truly believing that operating as a hive mind is for the Utrom's own good.
Let's just say that I took inspiration from history's most notorious war criminals, who did what they did because of truly believing it was the right thing to do.

Heck I don't know if you ever read the "War for eternia" comic book line from He-Man and the Masters of the universe. But in it there's a storyline on how King Randor's half brother Prince Keldor became Skeletor. He betrayed the kingdom because he was convinced that it was the right thing to do.

Very much what Subprime did with the Utrom High Council.

Quote:
Making Kraang Subprime this show's version of Ch'rell is also a nice touch. Besides the scars, they also seem to have an affinity for impersonating others.
Note also his reaction when Kraang Prime calls him by that name, he has buried his past as a hero of the Utrom High Council and doesn't want to be reminded of it.

Quote:
I also like the backstory you gave to 1987 Krang. My headcanon says that his lizard body could've been one of the failed experiments conducted on him by Kraang Prime during the healing process.
I was toying with that idea but I couldn't put it on paper, for some reason it didn't sit right with me, so I decided to drop it.
Old 02-22-2022, 12:08 PM   #203
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

While Tsunami's sharp ears have uncovered yet another piece of disturbing information, in Dimension X Yarruhk has arrived at the clone factories and it's NOT a pleasant sight.

GAH, drawing all those Karai clones was a royal PAIN, I used some extra fine tipped pens for that but it took forever.
Old 02-25-2022, 11:34 AM   #204
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

This is by far the darkest page I drew in this story so far. But I still managed to put in a joke of "Reader's Digest" being the command with which the clones are (Painfully) dissolved when their cultivation fluid turns into acid.

And a "Tall Boy" is one of the heaviest aerial dropped bombs of the second world war, meant to break bunkers, so I guess it's kinda obvious what that command will do.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:27 PM   #205
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Well that escalated quickly. Ouch.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 02-28-2022, 11:42 AM   #206
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Yarruhk just scored a major victory against the Kraang but it sure doesn't feel like a victory to her.

Yeah, a little fan service here to lighten up this emotional scene.
Old 03-15-2022, 01:55 PM   #207
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

As with the time difference, three years in Dimension X is barely 15 minutes on earth. So the Kraang haven't noticed the destruction that Yarruhk wrought upon the clone factories just yet.

Ready to help Kuro out to pounce on "Ray Ogun" and Karai as they are about to travel back from Dimension X themselves, the Kraang is ready to send over a couple of karai clones, which is closely monitred by Tsunami, who makes her move.
Old 03-15-2022, 02:02 PM   #208
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Its always a good day when I imagine Gilbert Gottfried screaming in my head.

Old 03-15-2022, 02:15 PM   #209
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Its always a good day when I imagine Gilbert Gottfried screaming in my head.
I know, which is why those scenes are damn good fun to write and draw.
Old 03-18-2022, 12:17 PM   #210
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

So Tsunami has escaped but she forgot to take one thing into account here.

So close to page number 200 and it's going to be a dramatic one.
Old 03-19-2022, 12:13 AM   #211
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I forgot what was happening with Leo, and I backtracked to find out. So last he was in Dimension X, but now he's back on earth, and seemingly in huge danger.

I'm so excited to see whats gonna happen next.

Old 03-22-2022, 06:02 PM   #212
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Well, we've reached a milestone. Not even my Dragon Ball Z "Legend of Mr. Satan" comic reached the 200 pages mark.

And I knew that I had to make this page something special. So it's in full color but in keeping with how dramatic this chapter is, I went for very earthy, dark colors, using my "Batman adventures" comics as a guide.

So here's what Tsunami was so shocked about.
Old 03-22-2022, 07:37 PM   #213
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Damn, thats dreadful. Thats no clone either.

Great art, can't help but admire it even if the moment is super tragic.

Old 03-22-2022, 08:23 PM   #214
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Damn, thats dreadful. Thats no clone either.

Great art, can't help but admire it even if the moment is super tragic.
Thanks but don't worry, Tsunami can read Auras and she would have known if Karai were to die well ahead of it happening, we haven't seen the last of Miwa yet.
Old 03-24-2022, 06:39 AM   #215
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

So with all the drama in the previous chapter, I figured that we'd start the new one with something a little more light hearted.

So here's Karai making a selfie of her and Leo prior to the events of this story taking place. It's been a while since I depicted Leo as a turtle.
Old 03-25-2022, 04:44 PM   #216
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Great job of the cover, very cute. I admire your ambition, and I hope other people elsewhere are also leaving reviews to reward your hard work.

The cover is also a clever way of showing us Karai's old look and Leo before becoming human since I assume that both of them will keep their new forms for good. Just like old times.

Old 03-25-2022, 07:44 PM   #217
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Great job of the cover, very cute. I admire your ambition, and I hope other people elsewhere are also leaving reviews to reward your hard work.
It's fifty-fifty really. There are people who say it's great and then there's others who say I'm the worst artist they've ever seen. Sadly, it's the second part who tend to leave the most comments "Your work sucks!" and all of that business.

Quote:
The cover is also a clever way of showing us Karai's old look and Leo before becoming human since I assume that both of them will keep their new forms for good. Just like old times.
Well, there's also the matter of the Karai clones still rocking that look, the ones who weren't dissolved in acid by Yarruhk anyway. Which includes two particular ones that will appear later in the story...
Old 03-25-2022, 07:51 PM   #218
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post
It's fifty-fifty really. There are people who say it's great and then there's others who say I'm the worst artist they've ever seen. Sadly, it's the second part who tend to leave the most comments "Your work sucks!" and all of that business.
I bet the second group of people never post art of their own. Don't listen to the haters, keep going!

Old 03-28-2022, 06:05 AM   #219
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Well then, time to have some questions answered.

- How did Leo and Karai get back to earth?
- Was Kuro successful in welcoming them warmly after getting word from Kraang Subprime of their imminent arrival?
- What was the reason why Tsunami found Karai in such a terrible state?

Old 03-30-2022, 06:52 AM   #220
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

And the drama continues, as Kuro reveals himself to Karai and "Ray Ogun"

I actually had to go back to my earlier depictions of Kuro to remind myself what his color pattren is. He looks like a more regal version of classic Shredder with the Red and Gold of his helmet.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 03-30-2022 at 10:21 AM.
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote