The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-15-2015, 12:38 PM   #81
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Not just yet. I'm definitely making a push to have three pilots finished by the years ends and take them to my boss (he's an executive producer) to consider me for story coordinator or writers assistant next season(assuming we're picked up). So fingers crossed on that

There's also a chance I'll make a comic out of this script, too. An artist friend of my mine read it and really wanted to draw it.
So what's your job? And can you say where you work?
Old 09-15-2015, 01:15 PM   #82
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I'm kind of curious about that too. Also, good luck with the scripts!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 01:17 PM   #83
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

It's no secret I work on the television show Saving Hope which is shot in Toronto, Canada. It's nothing glamorous but it's good fun. And working with Lois Lane and Hawkman five days a week is a bit of a trip coming as a longtime Smallville fan lol
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #84
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Still working on my respective series as well as a secret project.
I might need some help improving on writing with high school though, even though I personally think I do a decent job. Also, here's a little excerpt from a poem I wrote:

As I look back at a man’s life,
I feel some end their lives with a knife.
Society damages itself with such cruelty and pain,
It often results in them leaving behind a stain,
Leaving their loved ones behind in the dust,
Memories of those eventually turned to rust.
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:39 PM   #85
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Still working on my respective series as well as a secret project.
I might need some help improving on writing with high school though, even though I personally think I do a decent job. Also, here's a little excerpt from a poem I wrote:

As I look back at a man’s life,
I feel some end their lives with a knife.
Society damages itself with such cruelty and pain,
It often results in them leaving behind a stain,
Leaving their loved ones behind in the dust,
Memories of those eventually turned to rust.
I really like that, Gold... well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
It's no secret I work on the television show Saving Hope which is shot in Toronto, Canada. It's nothing glamorous but it's good fun. And working with Lois Lane and Hawkman five days a week is a bit of a trip coming as a longtime Smallville fan lol
So what's your current job there? That sounds pretty cool!
Old 09-17-2015, 08:48 PM   #86
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

That it does. I'd love to have a job working on something like that!

Old 09-18-2015, 02:08 PM   #87
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Sounds awesome, Krutch.

I've been doing writing here and there with fics, so that's been fun. Going to do a wrestling fan fic that was a request from a fellow writer for their birthday, so that's going to be a good one to do.

I do want to get into original fiction though and have an idea about a writer who gets stalked by one of her biggest fans and she must outwit said stalker. It's only a vague idea, but I'm really into it and want to start writing it. My sis told me about this book she got from the library that talks about how to get published and she's been thinking of doing so herself. I might check that book out and see where it goes, but I really want to start doing it, so I might. My working title for said story is Nowhere to Run.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:32 PM   #88
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I really like that, Gold... well done!
Thanks dude. I haven't worked on it in a very long time, kinda lost inspiration unfortunately. Maybe I'll come back to it, who knows?

I've been trying to figure out new material, especially because my English Honors teacher has been no help at all ever since this school year started and I'm angry at her. That's a story for another day, but I could use some ideas on what to write on to continue free writing.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:17 PM   #89
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Thanks dude. I haven't worked on it in a very long time, kinda lost inspiration unfortunately. Maybe I'll come back to it, who knows?

I've been trying to figure out new material, especially because my English Honors teacher has been no help at all ever since this school year started and I'm angry at her. That's a story for another day, but I could use some ideas on what to write on to continue free writing.
That is a story I would love to hear, when you feel like telling it. My curiosity is peaked!

Well, as far as ideas... what interests you? Fiction or nonfiction? Science fiction? Fantasy? Mystery? Thriller? Horror?

I'd say start by picking a few distinct genres. Also, watch some of your favorite movies... then sit back and critically review them in your mind. Why are these your favorite movies? What themes are common? What character types? What draws you to these stories? (You can, of course, do the same with books, or TV shows, or comics... story medium of your choice.)
Old 09-22-2015, 10:33 PM   #90
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I've generally stayed away from this thread because I don't fancy myself a writer as much as I do an artist and roleplayer, but the latter does involve writing, you're just generally only writing the POV of one character.

...Well, I'm doing a long-term RP story with a friend that involves both of us writing several characters at once. It sounds confusing, but I'm actually adoring it. You know that moment when you start writing a character and you realise, holy ****, I LOVE writing this character, she's so fun? That's me right now.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:25 AM   #91
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I consider RPing to be writing because you're typing out a story for a character you're playing whether it be a fan character or a regular character from whatever fandom you're working in. And I hear you about writing characters that are fun. I get like that a lot.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:03 AM   #92
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Writing good characters is like falling in love.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:46 PM   #93
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yes, it really is. And you get so attached to your characters that you feel like they're a part of you.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:55 PM   #94
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yes, it really is. And you get so attached to your characters that you feel like they're a part of you.
And then... sometimes, you have to kill them.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:26 PM   #95
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
That is a story I would love to hear, when you feel like telling it. My curiosity is peaked!

Well, as far as ideas... what interests you? Fiction or nonfiction? Science fiction? Fantasy? Mystery? Thriller? Horror?

I'd say start by picking a few distinct genres. Also, watch some of your favorite movies... then sit back and critically review them in your mind. Why are these your favorite movies? What themes are common? What character types? What draws you to these stories? (You can, of course, do the same with books, or TV shows, or comics... story medium of your choice.)
Long story on her, but I am practically failing English because I'm getting no assistance. A few weeks ago cemented my anger. But, best to do it on PM, don't want to sound like an angry jerk. The advice I appreciate though dude.

Here was an excerpt of something I wanted to do for TMNT one day. It's at the end of an episode where the Rat King is the villain, primarily as the season antagonist.

Why do I proceed with such vicious tactics? It can be addressed of any civilization or species for why they proceed. Humanity from what you saw consists of doing what is done to get an individual to succeed, not multiple citizens. Its been like this for millennia and improvement has been a desperate struggle.

Look through with all civilizations since researching what made our world what it is. You have tyranny which results in a slow decline to a man's psyche. In addition, imagine all those discriminated suffering prejudice based on their appearance, what they do personally or even just born in a particular family. Whether it be verbal threats or merciless lashing on man, all do what they believe is justified.

Before I was transformed into the cretin I am now, I studied what this world is like. Even in modern society, it NEVER improves. You have children cursed with low self esteem, bullied into near suicide where they aren't accepted. It is distasteful for me to continue, as they only fear to be happy alone, breaking those around them physically, mentally, verbally and through other methods of abuse.

Humanity has lost all its virtues and respect, and it will suffer the tortures of the damned when all concludes. For I am no longer a man with ambition that rushes into conflict, but a hero to the suffering. I am the Rat King, and when I finish, I will view the ultimate destruction of man!

It needs some adjustments though.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:10 PM   #96
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Long story on her, but I am practically failing English because I'm getting no assistance. A few weeks ago cemented my anger. But, best to do it on PM, don't want to sound like an angry jerk. The advice I appreciate though dude.

Here was an excerpt of something I wanted to do for TMNT one day. It's at the end of an episode where the Rat King is the villain, primarily as the season antagonist.

Why do I proceed with such vicious tactics? It can be addressed of any civilization or species for why they proceed. Humanity from what you saw consists of doing what is done to get an individual to succeed, not multiple citizens. Its been like this for millennia and improvement has been a desperate struggle.

Look through with all civilizations since researching what made our world what it is. You have tyranny which results in a slow decline to a man's psyche. In addition, imagine all those discriminated suffering prejudice based on their appearance, what they do personally or even just born in a particular family. Whether it be verbal threats or merciless lashing on man, all do what they believe is justified.

Before I was transformed into the cretin I am now, I studied what this world is like. Even in modern society, it NEVER improves. You have children cursed with low self esteem, bullied into near suicide where they aren't accepted. It is distasteful for me to continue, as they only fear to be happy alone, breaking those around them physically, mentally, verbally and through other methods of abuse.

Humanity has lost all its virtues and respect, and it will suffer the tortures of the damned when all concludes. For I am no longer a man with ambition that rushes into conflict, but a hero to the suffering. I am the Rat King, and when I finish, I will view the ultimate destruction of man!

It needs some adjustments though.
Nice. So based on the IDW version of Rat King?
Old 09-30-2015, 02:13 PM   #97
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Nice. So based on the IDW version of Rat King?
Yours truly has yet to read an IDW comic. I am planning to in the future, that is if I can find any comic stores around here. Tell me though, what is that version of the Rat King anyways?

Kinda a mixture of most versions of the character, primarily the Nick version and if IDW does match up.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:20 PM   #98
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Yours truly has yet to read an IDW comic. I am planning to in the future, that is if I can find any comic stores around here. Tell me though, what is that version of the Rat King anyways?

Kinda a mixture of most versions of the character, primarily the Nick version and if IDW does match up.
Oh friend... oh fellow writer! You are deprived of the best version of TMNT ever.

This Rat King is a member of the Pantheon, a family of elder gods who manipulate and twist mortals to their will in an eternal game of domination and conquest.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:29 PM   #99
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Oh friend... oh fellow writer! You are deprived of the best version of TMNT ever.

This Rat King is a member of the Pantheon, a family of elder gods who manipulate and twist mortals to their will in an eternal game of domination and conquest.
Need that comic book, gotta make money.

So, that's Rat King? Pretty interesting version. With how I wrote it, RK is more of a man that slowly begins to despise the human race, probably mixed in with some elements of Scarecrow possibly. I want to personally end the Rat King where he unleashes a mutated black death on the world, probably distract the turtles in a trap designed around their failures after they are goaded into attacking with failure.

I have some doubts on if I how I wrote it works in the IDW style, guess those who read may judge. I also want to unleash a backstory on a particular character underused, but don't want to spoil yet as the ideas all need writing.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:43 PM   #100
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Interesting. I have been kicking around some ideas myself for the sequel to my Love Is Shell fic, but can't decide whether to use Hob or Tiger Claw. Either way, he'd be an independant player in the story, as a secondary threat to the two main enemies, Bishop and Oroku Pimiko/Kazuo. The latter duo are seeking revenge, and Bishop is after the turtles (and their new family) for their DNA. I'd like to have a darker version of the Mutanimals, where some mutants want to fight for recognition by humans. The turtles would be caught in the middle of it all, and have to defend their newfound freedoms and their secrets.