The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-10-2017, 05:55 PM   #1
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

How would you have made tmnt 3?

Please note, this is not a troll or flame thread.

Imagine you're in charge of the PD films and the second one has become a box office success, so a third has been greenlit. You're in charge of making this film, its story, characters and casting choices. What choices would you make and why? Use your imagination, and please no trolling/flaming.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:25 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well for starters I'd certainly have Krang come back as an actual threat. If most "aliens attacking Earth" themed movies can battle said aliens for 3/4th of a film, then so can a TMNT. (Rather than spending much of it on a scavenger hunt. Imagine if other alien films did that... say, instead of fighting them, they just have a scavenger hunt to collect pieces of a weapon to destroy them in the last ten minuets of the movie, before they ever actually became a threat. "Aliens, you just wait there. We'll be back in 80 minutes to finish you.") Also have Krang decide that Shredder is more valuable and an asset to him unfrozen. Although they're going to have to inject Shredder with some of his trademark insanity to even consider helping Krang out after being so rudely frozen and put on a shelf as a collectable.

Alternately... skip all that and do a more Earthbound story that exists prior to Krang and Shredder ever returning. If we need an old foe still then just elevate Karai to head of the Foot in Shredder's absence and let the woman actually DO something and have a big evil plan up her faux leather sleeve. I might prefer this, esp if the Krang/Shredder situation would still be resolved in a 4th.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:34 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

First thing is the movie would open with the Turtles all getting nose jobs. They'll say they went to some government agency that removes nostrils from mutant turtles. Second of all I'd have them do acrobatics to make them lose weight and slim down.

Lastly for plot it'd probably involve Shredder returning from Dimension X with Krang for his revenge, and then make it a gritty revenge story.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:56 AM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

It could begin with the turtles battling some Purple Dragons, defeating them easy and everything looks OK. Suddenly hundreds of Triceraton spacecraft approaches Earth, firing their laser-cannons and missiles starting a large-scale invasion.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 04:15 AM   #5
ToTheNines
[sic]

Within the parameters of the Bayturtles universe? Multiverse crossover is the only thing that would interest md in the slightest.

Definitely get Henson Turtles. Next Mutation would be hilarious. And maybe even photorealistic versions of Mirage, Imagi, and Nick?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 04:34 AM   #6
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Within the parameters of the Bayturtles universe? Multiverse crossover is the only thing that would interest md in the slightest.

Definitely get Henson Turtles. Next Mutation would be hilarious. And maybe even photorealistic versions of Mirage, Imagi, and Nick?
Does that ever happens in other comic book-based films (like Batman, Spiderman and Superman)?
Old 02-11-2017, 04:43 AM   #7
ToTheNines
[sic]

Not in films, no. But someone's gonna do it someday.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:45 AM   #8
Overlord

Quote:
Not in films, no. But someone's gonna do it someday.
For those who aren't hardcore-fans, it will just cause confusion.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:28 AM   #9
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

how would i make TMNT 3 get rid of bay and PD and just make the 3rd movie a reboot
Old 02-11-2017, 12:06 PM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:

Yeah, first 5 minutes of TMNT 3: Donatello has built a portal. The PD Turtles jump through it trying to get to Dimension X to go after Krang, but end up in the Mirage universe. Right away they're eaten by Leatherhead, and the Mirage Turtles burn what's left.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:35 PM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Next Mutation would be hilarious.
On that note, I request a cameo of the Turtles from that awful Christmas special, weird accents and all. And they must burst into song so other Turtles (with particular focus given to PD due to mocap subtleties) can look bewildered and annoyed like, "What is even going on right now?"
Old 02-11-2017, 12:56 PM   #12
neatoman
Emperor

Bebop gets roasted, literally, and Rocksteady's horn is sold to impotent men in China.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 01:09 PM   #13
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah, first 5 minutes of TMNT 3: Donatello has built a portal. The PD Turtles jump through it trying to get to Dimension X to go after Krang, but end up in the Mirage universe. Right away they're eaten by Leatherhead, and the Mirage Turtles burn what's left.
I'd be there opening night.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:11 PM   #14
Tora
Hench Mutant

I'd want to see the Turtles and Casey hunting down Bebop and Rocksteady in the first act of the film when the Turtles come across the Purple Dragons and Hun played by Dwayne The Rock Johnson. The Purple Dragons team with Bebop and Rocksteady & decide to take over new york now that Shredder is out of the picture. The PD and B&R could be as the setup Villains of the movie as it builds up to a full on invasion from Dimension X.

For the final act have the Turtles learn from Bebop and Rocksteady that Shredder and Krang are returning to earth soon. The Turtles then hunt down Baxter and use his tech to build a Portal to take the fight to them and head to Dimension X. When the heroes arrive they see that Krang has Robo Foot Ninja and a Rock Soldier army ready for an invasion.

Now for the finally I'd have the final showdown be with a Mutated Super Shredder in the Technodrome portal room who is set to lead the army to earth. The Turtles of course need to stop the army from getting thru and get past Shredder as Donnie has set the drome to explode.
Tora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:31 PM   #15
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Gotta admit, the multi-verse idea sounds really cool. I'd love to see it like intersect with the Kraang portals used in the Nickelodeon series.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:20 AM   #16
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tora View Post
For the final act have the Turtles learn from Bebop and Rocksteady that Shredder and Krang are returning to earth soon.
How can ebop and Rocksteady know that?
Old 02-12-2017, 06:58 AM   #17
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
First thing is the movie would open with the Turtles all getting nose jobs. They'll say they went to some government agency that removes nostrils from mutant turtles. Second of all I'd have them do acrobatics to make them lose weight and slim down.

Lastly for plot it'd probably involve Shredder returning from Dimension X with Krang for his revenge, and then make it a gritty revenge story.
Kind of hard to lose muscle..
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:52 AM   #18
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
On that note, I request a cameo of the Turtles from that awful Christmas special, weird accents and all. And they must burst into song so other Turtles (with particular focus given to PD due to mocap subtleties) can look bewildered and annoyed like, "What is even going on right now?"
There's a hip-hop Christmas album joke in there somewhere.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:12 AM   #19
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

"Once there was a movie called TMNT 3, it was so bad that everyone died, the end."

Honestly, only way I can say how to make TMNT 3 is to rewrite the first two movies. Even then, it wouldn't be something I have interest in.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:16 AM   #20
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
There's a hip-hop Christmas album joke in there somewhere.
Yes! Forgot about that, now I want it even more. lol

I can see it now. PD TMNT 3...collision of dimensions, alternate universes keep getting their wires crossed and PD Turtles, in the process of trying to save the world, run across the Christmas special guys on a street corner singing opera and pause momentarily like "wtf?" Cue Raph with an anti-Christmas hip hop album joke toward Mikey and something about becoming "like those guys."

At least looked hilarious in my head just now.