The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think should be done?
More talking 6 46.15%
"Fire and fury" 1 7.69%
Something else 6 46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 11:56 AM   #61
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So it happened... and now all the articles out there are about how Kim is conning Trump, or Trump is doing it for hotels, or how Kim doesn't like Trump because he "didn't smile from ear to ear, it was just a basic smile."
Old 06-12-2018, 12:12 PM   #62
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Leftist garbage FAKE news.

That meeting between Trump and Kim Jong Un was legendary and has made history.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:03 PM   #63
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
No, it's not for the hotels. Trump is doing this because he knows he needs to do SOMETHING "big and important" if he wants to ride this gravy train another four years. It's getting close to ctunch time if he wants to stay in the good graces of voters, and he NEEDS a "win" to keep his base.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
Old 06-12-2018, 04:38 PM   #64
Galactus
Foot Elite

If I could be bothered I'd break out the Duey I expect nothing and I'm still let down meme. Sure, this wasn't the worst case scenario but this is not a victory for anyone but the two people at the very top. It doesn't really forward peace in any way.

Kim Jong Un gets a what he's always wanted in a meeting with the a US president. He gains an even tighter propaganda grip on North Korea and validity on the world stage. Pretty much all the globe with all of it's extreme ideological differences seemed to agree not to deal with North Korea unless they had to. Now that Trump has cracked open the door it's possible other world leaders will want to have a chat with the great dictator. That may not like such a bad thing unless say North Korea and Iran start meeting then I'm sure eyebrows will be raised.

Still that possibility may have been worth it to ensure some kind of peace, de-nuclearisation still seems unlikely but he could have got something out of Kim (stuff that he wasn't already doing anyway) but he didn't.

Worse than that Trump offered stuff like halting joint military exercises on the Korean peninsula without running it by South Korea - y'know the real people that are leading the way in this. I'm not sure blindsiding the real brains behind this with something they may not be cool with is a good idea. Trump got nothing out of Kim and Kim got everything he wanted out of Trump and then some. It's not that Kim outsmarted Trump but rather in his zeal for a big PR win Trump played himself.

Still it's a big PR win for Trump but I recall during his election his supporters gloated about how much free publicity the media (true) I wonder if they are really that cool with the millions in tax payer money this photo op cost.

Last edited by Galactus; 06-12-2018 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:46 PM   #65
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Once Again the Orange Idiot only did it because Obama never did. It was cool seeing two dictators hanging out .
Old 06-12-2018, 05:00 PM   #66
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

“The action-movie style trailer Trump says he played to Kim Jong-un“

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aYsaC2CADs0
Old 06-12-2018, 06:42 PM   #67
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Once Again the Orange Idiot only did it because Obama never did. It was cool seeing two dictators hanging out .
A dictator stays in for life, you cant remove or vote him out, unless you have a army backing you up. Trump will be gone at the end of this term or if voted in again, at the end of other 4 years. So 4 or 8 years and America will have other President.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:13 AM   #68
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Sounds like you're upset because Trump is actually doing sh*t in his term, unlike Obama.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
Old 06-13-2018, 07:35 AM   #69
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Sounds like you're upset because Trump is actually doing sh*t in his term, unlike Obama.
But Trump didn't do anything...that's the point.

He had a nice day trip Singapore and signed a document of vague promises that don't have to be kept. If anything he made things slightly worse by making some verbal commitments his allies may not be cool with.

It was a gloried photo op for Trump and Kim. At best you could say it was a nice symbolic gesture but it seems more than childish that the people hyping meeting this up as some great thing while complaining for years about Obama's Iran deal. It may not have been perfect but it had tangible benefits, now that was getting **** done.

Last edited by Galactus; 06-13-2018 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:36 AM   #70
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

If by "doing sh**" you mean golfing every weekend and taking credit for what the former administration started just because it ended in his term, then yes, he certainly has. This is literally the ONLY "good" thing he has done. And it's still questionable how good it will prove to be.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:55 AM   #71
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
If by "doing sh**" you mean golfing every weekend and taking credit for what the former administration started just because it ended in his term, then yes, he certainly has. This is literally the ONLY "good" thing he has done. And it's still questionable how good it will prove to be.
Two years in? I'm by no means a fan of Trump, but the current economy falls directly on his shoulders. Now, you could make the argument that he did indeed inherit a good economy from Obama, but Trump has maintained that health. Don't forget that within a year Bush took our economy from a surplus to a pretty substantial recession. Should we blame Clinton for Bush's economy the first two years as President? Of course not.

And I love that I get a couple hundred extra dollars on my paychecks. Hillary was talking about raising taxes.

http://www.newsweek.com/democrats-tr...onsible-885845
Old 06-13-2018, 02:17 PM   #72
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
Two years in? I'm by no means a fan of Trump, but the current economy falls directly on his shoulders. Now, you could make the argument that he did indeed inherit a good economy from Obama, but Trump has maintained that health. Don't forget that within a year Bush took our economy from a surplus to a pretty substantial recession. Should we blame Clinton for Bush's economy the first two years as President? Of course not.

And I love that I get a couple hundred extra dollars on my paychecks. Hillary was talking about raising taxes.

Careful, you might accused for being nazi-bigot by some people, if you aknowledge reality and use logic.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:21 PM   #73
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
A dictator stays in for life, you cant remove or vote him out, unless you have a army backing you up. Trump will be gone at the end of this term or if voted in again, at the end of other 4 years. So 4 or 8 years and America will have other President.
Someone should let Fox News in on the difference.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8393081.html
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:05 PM   #74
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post

you mean like golfing everyday being a big baby at the g7 summit being late to every single meeting at the g7. Making an ass of himself everytime he opens his mouth. separating parents from children who come to seek asylum from Mexico Legally.

Ya he is doing so much more than Obama. Not like Obama got healthcare got us out of Bush' recession and actually got us jobs

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 06-13-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:28 PM   #75
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:

I'm no expert on the economy in my own country let alone North America but I do know Trumps economic policies have a habit of crumbling down years later.

A recession was forecasted for sometime in the 2020s but some have revised this to happening before then, that doesn't sound like sound handling of economy from Trump, does it? I don't think anyone should be celebrating the prospect of an economic downturn but I can see why some US liberals are happy that if it happens there's no way Trump can't own it.

People that have some degree of interest in the economy acknowledge that presidents inherit problems and successes of the previous administration but for most people I don't think they dwell on it too much. They just think things like under President A: Gas Prices were lower and under President B: Gas prices were higher. I guess A was better than B with the economy. That's why some would prefer any kind of recession happen when we know Trump can't escape it as opposed to after 2020 when there's at least a possibility a Democrat might be in office and get blamed.

Not that I think the economy makes much difference. To some of those rust belt voters that flipped from Democrat to Republican maybe but a not insignificant number of Trump voters don't really care if their boy accomplishes anything. He mostly hasn't so far; no prospect of a wall, no Muslim ban, no repeal or replacing Obamacare. They don't really care if he follows through on any of that as long as he carries on with all the culture wars stuff.

That's why even though the Trump/Kim summit was totally a huge let down in terms of actually accomplishing anything it delivered what a lot of his supporters want which is a picture of a dictator and would-be dictator where they can nyah, nyah my president is better than your president.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:49 PM   #76
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:

Maintained it for whom? The top 1% that largely consists of his cronies? Because the rest of us haven't seen these "tax breaks" he promised, and most of the economic decisions that he has claimed credit for were made BEFORE he was even elected- they just didn't actually go into effect until after he was in office. So of course "HE" is responsible for bringing jobs back, etc.... Yeah, sure.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:51 PM   #77
sdp
-

Well I studied economics and the current economic policies he's using are known to fail in the long term, they do provide a boost in the short term though. Sure he inherited a good economy from Obama but he boosted it with his rhetoric and cutting down taxes for companies. This has lead to the market feeling bullish and unemployment, but this won't last. What should worry people is it might still be doing good come 2020 and people who don't know better like some posters here might actually think it's a good thing and think of him actually doing what he has said. If that happens it doesn't matter when it fails because he'll be in power in 8 years.

What he's doing around the world though should be concerning to people, yes the US is one of the strongest economies and it can bully other nations like it's doing. There's a reason why the US has done it subtly over the past century. No one likes a bully and right now the US is viewed worse than it was in the Bush years. Some of you may think "Who cares as long as WE are doing well. Well the point is we live in a globalized economy, and the one country that has benefited the most because of it is the US, that means for you to live comfy in your warm house someone in a poor country has to pay the consequences for it. If the US ticks off all its allies, these things could very well turn.

When they're also helping you out, you are less likely to confront the current status quo but when the Bully in power starts abusing its power more you're going to look at alternatives, and there are alternatives. There would be massive inflation in the US if the dollar wasn't the world currency, piss off enough countries for them to drop the dollar s the currency and let's see how the US does, not to mention it'd have no bargaining power anymore. The reason people put up with it is because it would damage their economies even more, but if the US is already going to be doing that, then what's the point? Look at the countries who don't. Look at the countries who don't trade in US dollars and see which countries the US has "problems" with to get a better idea of how important it is for the US to keep things in the status quo.

As far as the Kim meeting, what I find funny is had Hillary won things would've played out very similar. This meeting didn't happen because of Trump, it happened because NK finally had the tech to launch and hit the US, they finally had bargaining power. The news networks would've reported the same thing but on the opposite extremes, CNN would be praising the event while Fox News would be saying Clinton was weak and she didn't actually sign anything. Of course Trump is going to get credit for it like say Obama got for Osama's Death.

Trump is indeed doing stuff, but it's not good things in the long run and I wish more people could see that. Things will be bad for the US and the rest of the world because of the current policies. But I guess that will fall on deaf ears.
Closed Thread