The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 10:59 PM   #41
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
That would be fine. All of the money and hype with none of the stupid. Probably.
Famous last words
__________________
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:02 PM   #42
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 6,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaFan87 View Post
There is, however, a bright side to Bay's involvement. We might finally get to see Krang and the Technodrome on the big screen. Bay needs an excuse to 1) blow things up and 2) get the military involved. So, what better villain than Krang?

Another positive thing is the voice actors. Bay did hire Peter Cullen for Transformers. So, could we expect actors like Rob Paulsen and James Avary to join the cast?
This may or may not be the best place to ask this question, but...
Can Nick/Viacom even use Krang? Doesn't Wolf still retain the rights to him?

As for Cullen's involvement in the Transformers movies, I was lead to believe that he was only included in the cast after word got leaked that Bay wasn't intending on using him and the fanbase went apes#it.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:06 PM   #43
PizzaFan87
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Can Nick/Viacom even use Krang? Doesn't Wolf still retain the rights to him?
Krang appeared in Turtles Forever, so I assume that they could use him.

Quote:
As for Cullen's involvement in the Transformers movies, I was lead to believe that he was only included in the cast after word got leaked that Bay wasn't intending on using him and the fanbase went apes#it.
Well, fans better start making some noise.
PizzaFan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:11 PM   #44
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 755
As long as he keeps the Turtles the Turtles - no drastic character changes, not too dark and heavy - this could be pretty cool. I kinda like the first Transformers though it was a little "talky."

If he has anything to do with Krang being in it, I'll love Michael Bay forever (in a masculine manly way).
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:14 PM   #45
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 13,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaFan87 View Post
Me too. It is true that Michael Bay is not directing, but Platinum Dunes does not have a good track record. That is unless someone considers their remakes of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday the 13th, and Nightmare on Elm Street to be very good.
I haven't seen any of these three yet, but I was told that the last two actually were good.
__________________
Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

I make terrible video games. Please buy them.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:16 PM   #46
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 24,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaFan87 View Post

There is, however, a bright side to Bay's involvement. We might finally get to see Krang and the Technodrome on the big screen. Bay needs an excuse to 1) blow things up and 2) get the military involved. So, what better villain than Krang?
This is your brightside?! MEH! God forbid! This film better not stray too far from the comics or I'm gonna be unpleasureable to be around. In case you didn't know bud, this movie is to be somewhat based on the first issue of the original comics AKA the no krang, no bebop, no rocksteady, no technodrome, no pizza, & dead shredder version.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:17 PM   #47
Mutated Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Mutated Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nope.avi
Posts: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
This is your brightside?! MEH! God forbid! This film better not stray too far from the comics or I'm gonna be unpleasureable to be around. In case you didn't know bud, this movie is to be somewhat based on the first issue of the original comics AKA the no krang, no bebop, no rocksteady, no technodrome, no pizza, & dead shredder version.
Same here.
Mutated Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:23 PM   #48
sdp
<<raver>>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 5,666
We already have a movie based on vol.1 #1.
__________________
@0sdp
TMNT articles @ MiscRave.com
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:23 PM   #49
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 24,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
We already have a movie based on vol.1 #1.
Lol if you think that movie is at all accurate or even close, you're buggin'.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:23 PM   #50
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 6,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaFan87 View Post
Krang appeared in Turtles Forever, so I assume that they could use him.
That's an awful big assumption to be making. Turtles Forever was a group project between Wolf, 4Kids, and Mirage. Unless I've missed something, I don't believe any rights from Wolf have changed hands since the Mirage sale to Viacom.

Anyone have more clarification on this?
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:24 PM   #51
PizzaFan87
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
This film better not stray too far from the comics
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipsqueak View Post
Same here.
The comics were pretty out there as well. Early in the series they introduced the Utroms which were basically the same thing as Krang.
PizzaFan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:27 PM   #52
Mutated Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Mutated Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nope.avi
Posts: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaFan87 View Post
The comics were pretty out there as well. Early in the series they introduced the Utroms which were basically the same thing as Krang.
*Ahem*........
Mutated Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:29 PM   #53
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 8,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
That's an awful big assumption to be making. Turtles Forever was a group project between Wolf, 4Kids, and Mirage. Unless I've missed something, I don't believe any rights from Wolf have changed hands since the Mirage sale to Viacom.

Anyone have more clarification on this?
Turtles Forever was just 4Kids and Mirage, not Fred Wolf.

Mirage owned all of the characters from the OT, so Nick now owns all of them. Fred Wolf only owns the series itself.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:31 PM   #54
PizzaFan87
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipsqueak View Post
My point is that the comics also went in the sci-fi route and very early on. So, Krang wouldn't exactly be unfaithful to the tone of the comics. If Michael Bay decides to adapt the `87 series he won't use the same comedic/slapstick tone. He didn't do that with Transformers. Krang would be a serious villain and the Technodrome would be a serious threat to the city of New York with lots of Bayplosions.
PizzaFan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:41 PM   #55
sdp
<<raver>>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 5,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Lol if you think that movie is at all accurate or even close, you're buggin'.
Its close enough that a movie being 100% accurate would be retreading the same ground.
__________________
@0sdp
TMNT articles @ MiscRave.com
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:45 PM   #56
PizzaFan87
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 59
The 1990 movie was the right one for its time. It combined elements of the comics and `87 series.
PizzaFan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:49 PM   #57
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 24,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaFan87 View Post
The 1990 movie was the right one for its time. It combined elements of the comics and `87 series.

Correctomundo. It was 50/50 as far as the content combo goes. I'm sayin' the OG isn't close to being directly based on the comics except for the fact that there is an origin, & splinter falls off of a roof. Thats about it. If anything its just a darker take on the cartoon with a few creative liberties; I.E. Casey Jones coming in right from the start, the addition of Tatsu, & so forth.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:00 AM   #58
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 11,722
1. People whining about Bay inserting explosions and nonsense are just knee-jerking, and otherwise aren't really well versed in the politics or track record of Platinum Dunes.

2. There's nothing stopping anybody from including any characters from the OS cartoon in the movies and there never has been -- except Kevin and Peter, and thank god for them doing so (in fairness though, it's not like their exclusion helped the last few movies suck any less than they did, though).

3. A studio like Platinum Dunes -- having put out the very grown-up films they have and quite successfully -- is nothing but a huge, huge boon for this reboot movie. For the first time we may be looking at a situation where the people heading up the movie can look TPTB (Paramount/Viacom/Nick) in the eye and tell them, "We want to make this movie our way" (be it -- gasp -- PG-13) and they might not get a great deal of argument back.

4. Sorry, Krang in a new TMNT movie reboot would be b*******. No offense, Krang.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:01 AM   #59
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 11,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It was 50/50 as far as the content combo goes.
Yeah, 50% solid and 50% solid... excrement.

Which is still a hell of a lot better ratio than TMNTs Parts 2, 3, and 4.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 05-28-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:03 AM   #60
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 11,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Its close enough that a movie being 100% accurate would be retreading the same ground.
Nonsense. And even if you were right and "Danny & The Troubled Kids: The Motion Picture" was, no one throwing money at this new movie is going to be worried about "retreading the same ground" from a movie that came out 22 years before it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.