The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-21-2019, 11:36 PM   #3281
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I started a new job today, at a dog daycare. It went pretty well
Old 03-05-2019, 12:43 PM   #3282
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
2/7 - Came across ladies TMNT undies via Ebay with an image actually kind of 2003/Mirage-ish inspired for once.

https://i.imgur.com/dnco65w.jpg?1
Got them yesterday -- cute! And pretty nice quality for as cheap as they were, too. Based on the measurements they offered to try to determine the size, given the size differences between here and there, I got the XL and they're perfect. Normally I'd wear a small. Just how tiny are the women in China (where they came from) who can wear the small... Dang. But if anyone needs smaller than our local size small, there ya go.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:55 PM   #3283
Leo656
The Franchise

An old client of mine came back to the gym this week after a couple years' break. He was originally set up with another trainer, but he insisted that he get scheduled with me again, so that's cool. I didn't even have to do anything. So that's pretty cool, it's almost like "free money".

Days when I can Just Work and not have to deal with the boss are generally pretty good.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:37 PM   #3284
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
What made me happy today- a 22$ tip from a customer! Had a guy in my drive theough hand me some folded up cadh when I gave him his food, saying it was for always being friendly and "happy". I thanked him and put it in my pocket, thinking it was just a couple of bucks. Later when I went to put it in my wallet, I unfolded them to discover a 20$ inside the ones! Wow. So I used it to help pay for the insulin Mr D asked me to puck up after work. Nice little windfall to help out with the meds.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:21 PM   #3285
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Happy makers.... Awesome weather, 75° out, 10° warmer than predicted (though dropping back to 40s for the next several days ) and loving being able to finally open the windows; my couple of grocery store Monopoly freebies actually still in stock (got that free bottle of Aspirin that was out of stock last year), and the lady ahead of me at checkout isn't playing so the cashier suggested me being able to have her game pieces, so I got an additional little handful on top of mine (including a couple more freebies).

Beats me how anyone doesn't want them. I mean, even if you don't bother with the game board and prizes you probably won't win, heck there's still free store items and coupons from the game pieces!
Old 03-21-2019, 02:15 PM   #3286
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Not so much made me happy as made me laugh, today. Had a customer come through my drive through and I was cashing it out (did not take the order) and when I read it back she said it was wrong, as it was a sausage and cheese, but she had ordered egg and cheese. No problem, I fixed it. But what made it funny was when she said she didn't want any meat because she was vegetarian. Yet she was fine with eating an egg....

Now, I know that vegetarians will still eat dairy and such, but eggs are still protein, and are in fact, technically "meat", since they are literally chicken embryos! In batches chickens, in other words. Milk I can understand, since you don't have to kill the cow for it, same with cheese, crram, etc. But eggs do in fact count as "animals", at least in terms of biological potential. So.... yeah. Vegetarians will eat the bird before it hatches, but not after?? ROFL!!

Old 03-21-2019, 06:59 PM   #3287
Leo656
The Franchise

A lot of the gym clientele are from India, so I work with vegetarians and vegans on the daily. I've also taken some nutritional seminars as part of my job, so while I'm not a certified nutritionist, I know more than the average bear.

Suffice to say, there's VERY little "logic" in what those people think and do. Especially with regards to it being a "healthy" lifestyle. Y'know how many 250+-lb vegetarians I deal with? Hundreds per year.

Some of it's cultural, but some of it is just plain ignorant.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:41 AM   #3288
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

This was definitely not cultural. It was a white chick, looked like your average yuppie 20-something health nut.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:52 AM   #3289
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

vegetarian is just not consuming the animal's actual meat or killing the animal for the food. That's why milk and eggs are fine, and honey is fine too.

What's really funny is people that claim they're vegan and then eat rabbit or something under assumption it's not a "real" animal. Like, wtf...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:31 AM   #3290
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Rabbit? I know, and hate, that people too often like to believe/pretend that fish are not a "real" animals, but rabbits? Very weird to decided that an animal is not an animal... I mean, come on, even bugs are part of the animal kingdom.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:16 PM   #3291
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I don't mind people that are pescetarian or pollotarian. Both are valid ways of avioding red meat for whatever reason you chose to be a pescetarian or pollotarian. A friend of mine is a pescetarian as she don't want to give money to the meat industry and now it's just a habit of hers.

But yeah, if you claim to be a vegan and eat an animal cause they're "not real" or "don't have a soul", you are veganing wrong, but probably need the protein from their cheater meat, cause if you can't follow the one rule of veganism, then I doubt they actually eat properly and just have a bowl of iceberg lettuce everyday and think that's enough substance
Old 03-22-2019, 03:52 PM   #3292
Leo656
The Franchise

"It's okay to eat fish... cuz they... don't have any feeeeeelings...."

Thanks, Kurt.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:04 AM   #3293
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
vegetarian is just not consuming the animal's actual meat or killing the animal for the food. That's why milk and eggs are fine, and honey is fine too.

What's really funny is people that claim they're vegan and then eat rabbit or something under assumption it's not a "real" animal. Like, wtf...

What I don't get is why eggs are even ok for them, if they don't want to kill an "anumal". I mean, granted the eggs we eat usually aren't fertilized, unless they are free-range raised, but it's STILL the unmatched embryo of a chicken! I guess these are the same folks who don't think fish are real animals....

Old 03-25-2019, 12:25 PM   #3294
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's mostly because of the way chickens are usually raised that makes eggs get called into question. Same with all the hullabaloo about calves being separated from cows at birth...but I've looked through enough dairy farmer blogs on tumblr to know that it's definitely for the better. Apparently dairy cows are awful at being moms, but that's probably because of their breeding (beef cows are the better parents).

Finally, there are plenty of vegans that will say honey is fine because it's beneficial for bees to collect their excess, especially now that we have humane ways to collect honey (it used to be that you did have to kill the whole hive, until it was realized that smoke calms them down enough to collect what's needed and leave them alone). That, on top of agave nectar collections being absolutely awful of the environment. So honey is the one caveat.

Looking around though, it's pretty clear that most of the vegans I've seen are City Kids™ who have never set foot on a farm and only get their information from questionable sources. And I say that as a kid from the suburbs who's only been on a beef farm two or three times to visit (though, I live in Texas...free range cows EVERYWHERE. Even in town! Not usually more than ten, but still. Duckie, are you in an area of Texas to see that? There's a place not to far from where I live that has longhorns! LONGHORNS.)
Old 03-25-2019, 12:51 PM   #3295
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Oh, yes, as a matter of fact I am! Cattle country as faaar as the eye can see, here. Wise County is pretty much smack dab in the middle of it. So is Denton County (yes, the SAME Denton County that "Sherrif Buford T Justice" hailed from), where I grew up. Cows are probably one of the biggest sources of income for a lot of folks around these parts. Anywhere outside DFW, really.

I was lucky enough to have grandparents who lived in the country, who leased their land to a cattle-ranching neighbor for grazing land. So, plenty of encounters and interactions with cattle, deer, turkeys, etc. Basically spent my summers roaming anywhere I wanted writhin about 150 acres or more of cattle country. By myself, even.

Old 03-25-2019, 01:23 PM   #3296
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's mostly an area I've had to drive south through to get to Waco or beyond. Or anywhere in Ohio outside of Columbus.

And yet for some reason, it's always exciting to see them?
Old 03-25-2019, 01:59 PM   #3297
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Meh, not such a big deal here. I literally live across the street from a huge pasture so I frequently see cattle grazing during the day when I come home. It's right next to the town's high school, too, so pretty much every teen in town has at least SEEN cows, even if not up close. And while I've never actually seen any in town, (I live at the edge, and work on the other end of town, so my daily route crosses a pretty large chunk of it) I do know of at least one house along my route with a goat in their backyard, and another that has chickens. It's mostly beef cattle here, too, so they tend to be more free-range. In fact, my parents even raise a few on their land, mostly to keep the taxes low for "homestead" purposes. They sell the calves once they are big enough, and most get sent off to get jobs as Happy Meals.

Speaking of which, what a lot of vegetarians don't realize is that egg-laying chickens are pretty much raised in egg "factories" where they spend MOST of their time just popping out one after another, and once they stop being productive, they end up getting jobs at KFC. Or more likely at McDonald's as nuggets. (This is one reason they can use "all white meat", and still be so cheap. Those are older, less tender chickens, so the meat is not the best....) So being vegetarian and eating eggs is NO guarantee that animals are not being harmed! (Those poor egg-layers actually have it worse than the ones raised for meat!)

Old 03-25-2019, 02:14 PM   #3298
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The egg industry varies from country to country, but it's fairly good in Norway as animal welfare is a priority.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:15 PM   #3299
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

My Waxwork Records TMNT 1990 OST Cd finally shipped. I can't wait to listen too it.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:28 PM   #3300
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Lol definitely! I still have my original cassette tape of it. With artwork insert, lyrics, etc.