The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-22-2019, 03:37 PM   #21
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist

Warner Bros. is also in fact going to have celebrities voicing Fred and Daphne. Zac Efron has been cast as Fred and Amanda Seyfried will be voicing Daphne.

Warner Bros’ Animated Scooby-Doo Finds Its Fred & Daphne In Zac Efron & Amanda Seyfried
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:39 PM   #22
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist

This certainly proves that Warner Bros. is making a mistake by not getting the current voice actors to return for this film. Will Forte said that his voice for Shaggy is still a work in progress from around 1:31 to 1:57 of this video. Lillard can do that voice with no trouble whatsoever.

Old 04-11-2019, 08:52 AM   #23
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist

Right now it appears that Warner Bros. thinks that Frank Welker is replaceable in all of his well-known characters except for Scooby-Doo. Ken Jeong has been cast as Dynomutt, Dog Wonder, who was previously voiced by Welker. Plus, Kiersey Clemons will be voicing Dee Dee Skyes, one of Captain Caveman’s “Teen Angels”.

Ken Jeong & Kiersey Clemons Toon Up For Warner Bros.’ ‘Scoob’
Old 04-11-2019, 08:54 PM   #24
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
oh god this will wreck my scooby continuity project, damn I hope it's something silly like laugh a lympics where it's clearly just an alternate universe and they don't try to make it like it actually fits in continuity, I don't want no yogi in real scooby canon
There is no such thing as an overarching Scooby-Doo canon

Quote:
The thing with the Scooby timeline is they all use the original Where are you as their starting canon but do their own thing so of course there are contradictions.
No, they don't

Quote:
In my head canon I count most of the mystery solving SD rip offs by HB in continuity with SD even if they didn't crossover but I'd say captain caveman would not count since he's linked to the Flintstones and that's not in SD canon but I'm open to debate that. Mystery Inc canonized that head canon pretty much when we see the other mystery solver groups into the scooby canon in that one episode even if Mystery Inc has a weird place in the timeline. Mystery Inc also kind of canonized Jonny Quest and the Flintstones but I see those more as just easter eggs than real references.

I also count some nonpowered superheroes as canon to the SD universe which is why you see Batman and Blue Falcon but not Superman since those don't exist in SD. Also while Scooby has met Batman a few times, in canon he has met the same batman to them, even though they've been different versions of batman. Yeah, in the comics Scooby has met Superman and the Justice League but those are noncanon.
You're a mess, get it together man. Head canons are fine but you're spewing nonsense
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:39 AM   #25
TMNT-Leonardo
Hench Mutant

Scooby Doo has never had a consistent timeline. Some movies you could LOOSELY tie in with the original show, but even than that's stretching it. Scooby doo and the Cyber Chase, Zombie Island acknowledge their old cases, but the year they actually took place would be debatable giving how they old they are in in the film (late 90s/early 2000s, and they're only about 5-10 years older if that). The continuity is all over the place and other times it's a pretty much a soft reboot.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:38 PM   #26
sdp
Winsider

I expect the weak to dismiss Scooby Continuity, it's for true scholars, not slackers.

Dommage Rave & TMNT @ MiscRave.com
Twitter @ 0sdp
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:29 PM   #27
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist

Here's a first look at Scooby:

A synopsis has also been released, but there is no mention of the film crossing over with other Hanna-Barbera characters. which is obviously going to happen.

Quote:
Scooby-Doo is the hero of his own story in "SCOOB!," the first full-length, theatrical animated Scooby-Doo adventure, which reveals how he and his best friend Shaggy became two of the world's most beloved crime busters. The story takes us back to where it all began, when a young Scooby and Shaggy first meet, and team up with Daphne, Velma and Fred to launch Mystery Incorporated.
https://www.annecy.org/programme/index:rdv-200001501265
Old 04-30-2019, 06:20 AM   #28
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Looks good so far.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:33 AM   #29
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Wow, that actually looks pretty good.

Just as expressive as the 2D design.
What they could do without being held back is my question.
Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building.
I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.
Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:31 PM   #30
sdp
Winsider

I really like it but I think it's the wrong design to go with this reboot, I mean the classic Scooby design is dated, this is a 100% copy of that design only in CG and it's not going to work.

Again, don't get me wrong I love classic scooby doo but what hasn't been done with those designs yet? He's basically done everything you can with that character, this needed a new and fresh design that "fans"(aka adults who aren't the target audience) complain about online and youtubers going for the low hanging fruit for clicks.

Twitter @ 0sdp
Old 04-30-2019, 10:20 PM   #31
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Here's a first look at Scooby:

https://www.annecy.org//resources/im...0198212_01.jpg

A synopsis has also been released, but there is no mention of the film crossing over with other Hanna-Barbera characters. which is obviously going to happen.

https://www.annecy.org/programme/index:rdv-200001501265
Interesting, interesting. So right off the bat it implies that the story will mainly be a flashback told with a present day framing device. It also might insinuate that while Scooby and Shaggy palled around with Velma, Daphne, and Fred in the past, that's no longer the case? I hope that's not the case; I always like the whole group dynamic of the Mystery Gang, I think it suffers when some of them are cut-out (à la Scooby-Doo and the Thirteen Ghosts).

I like this CGI Scooby but of course that's because it's basically what I already know and love just in a different medium. I'll have to see how it's animated to see how true-to-tradition it is and if they take any creative license or just stick to the script. I'm not against them making changes, either, I think every iteration of something should stand out in some way.

SDP, I do think you're right that if they're just doing everyone with their classic look then they may be losing some appeal due to the main character's rather dated outfits. I'm used to them but kids these days know nothing of that 60s aesthetic and oh, are we insinuating sloth due to my not partaking of an endeavor I deem folly? How foolish

And so what this movie is gonna be a flashback origin story but also cross-over with other Hanna-Barbera properties? That might be a tall order
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:05 PM   #32
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist

Mark Wahlberg has been cast as the Blue Falcon and Jason Isaacs will be voicing Dick Dastardly.

Mark Wahlberg & Jason Isaacs Board Warner Bros.’ ‘Scoob’
Old 05-28-2019, 02:50 PM   #33
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist

It appears that the film will be having flashbacks from the days of A Pup Named Scooby-Doo. Mckenna Grace (Captain Marvel )and Iain Armitage (Young Sheldon) will be voicing Young Daphne and Shaggy, respectively.

'Captain Marvel', 'Young Sheldon' Stars Join Animated Scooby-Doo Movie (Exclusive)

Ariana Greenblatt and Pierce Gagnon have also joined the film as Young Velma and Fred, respectively.

Scooby-Doo Film ‘Scoob’ Finds Its Young Velma and Fred (Exclusive)

I'm wondering if the decision to do scenes of when the Mystery Gang was younger affected the decision to cast other people in the grown-up versions of Fred, Daphne, Velma and Shaggy. Perhaps they wanted the younger and older voices to sound alike. I still don't agree with it though.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:17 PM   #34
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist

First look at Shaggy.

Old 11-08-2019, 08:09 AM   #35
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Trailer on Monday

https://twitter.com/Fandango/status/1192532351999283200
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:04 AM   #36
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Well at least we are finally getting a theatrical Scooby Doo animated movie.

Last edited by drgon78; 11-09-2019 at 05:49 AM.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:39 AM   #37
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Won't see this movie. I hate when they forgo Voice Actors for Celebrity Talent

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:41 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

What did they do to Velma? She’s not supposed to be cute.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:58 PM   #39
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What did they do to Velma? She’s not supposed to be cute.
Velma has always been cute. she the thicc one of the scooby gang

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:11 PM   #40
sdp
Winsider

Not crazy on Freddy's design and wish Scooby had a new design even if his classic design is classic, just prefer a new take, ll love everyone's design despitet his though. I'm excited the style looks fresh, I just hope that the movie is good, looking forward to the trailer. Biggest thing that makes me suspicious is the whole shoehorning the HannaBarbera cinematic universe here, Flintstones, Yogi Bear and other HB shows don't belong in the Scooby verse, they don't even belong in the cartoon versions animated universe, why here? (laughalympics is noncanon)

Twitter @ 0sdp