The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: My sweet lil chinchilla!
Wow, Leo's new voice is quite the headturner! 54 49.09%
Wait, how did the chickens survive there for so long? 37 33.64%
Creep is the equivalent of Turtle Honey! 2 1.82%
Prediction: Someone will post about the paralell of the slug people cartoon and Cybercubed. 17 15.45%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #221
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

on a sidenote.
Casey kicking April in the face/shoulder? was pretty amusing like he wasn't even trying to be gentle.

Casey being Casey even around the girl he likes
Old 10-04-2014, 04:06 PM   #222
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yep I agree with that, BT. As to your question about comas, they can last a long time. My sis was in one, and she woke up on Easter Sunday. So it just depends on what's going on.

And as for if Don had a feeding tube, if he can rig up an IV for Raph, he can create a feeding tube.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:15 PM   #223
Slade
god status

Finally read the entire thread. I feel people's pain with the Raph aspect of the show. To me, it's all been about how great April is and Donnie whinning because he doesn't have her. So, yeah. I feel the pain. I will admit though, I loved the episode. Mainly because of the vibe.

This one did show the caring side of Raph, since he was the one keeping watch over Leo while he was out.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #224
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
on a sidenote.
Casey kicking April in the face/shoulder? was pretty amusing like he wasn't even trying to be gentle.

Next morning poor April notices a bruise on her shoulder that matches Casey's boot print, "Wtf??"

Have fun losing the girl, Casey...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:21 PM   #225
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Glad I was finally able to see this episode. I thought it was a blast overall. Loved Seth as Leo. I had a cousin who was in a wreck around 1997 or so. His throat was effected and his voice certainly got a bit more gruff as a result. I'm wondering if one of the writers went through a similar situation with a family member. Definitely didn't effect my love and respect for the guy. I always thought it was cool because he sounded a lot like Kevin Conroy's Batman.

Back to episode thoughts. I also liked the Creep and the action scenes surrounding him. The whole Raph thing confused me as well. The season opener was a fun ride, but I'm hoping we get some plot threads that connect to the main story in this batch of episodes. I'm afraid a bunch of it is going to be filler before the big return to New York payoff. I do enjoy the farm and woods as a change of scenery though. The Walking Dead is another of my favorite shows, so this new background appears to emanate that same sense of isolation. The horror movie references in this episode were terrific. I liked the 1990 movie stuff too.

My better half pointed out that the mutagen bottle was the last thing we saw in this episode, so I'm wondering what that's supposed to mean. Punk frogs, I guess. Anywho, sounds like we're in for some great stories this season, both in NYC and out of it. Always fun to read everyone's opinions and discuss this show every weekend.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:35 PM   #226
Syb3rStrife
Random Punk

After finally seeing the entire episode I feel like Seth is going to be a wonderful Leo. There's some parts he sounds really weird and too deep but at other parts the vocal pitch was just high enough that it sounded a kinda close Biggs version (but it's definitely no Biggs though). I think reason for this is probably to play off the whole injured throat thing till Leo's 100% back on his feet which I like cause who the hell jumps back from an throat injury sounding perfect. I think in a few episodes we'll hear the real voice Seth has for Leo.

As for the episode itself, I really enjoyed it and its creepiness. The farmhouse and bathtub scenes were a wonderful homage to the first movie and I loved the little Friday the 13th references. I also love the little animation details in this episode, like the algae on Leo's shell and when Leo's leg trembles a little after he throws his crutch away.

One thing about this episode that kinda bothers me (other than the whole Raph being changed into a plant and back with the mutagen. I ain't touching that subject.) was how Donnie was more concerned about Casey and April bumping uglies than looking for his brother. He came so close to losing one I'd think he'd be a little more worried about losing another. Hell, even Leo's starting to get tired of him and the love triangle bullsh*t. I wonder if they'll have an episode surrounding this subject and get his priorities straight.

I also hate that they teased us with no mask-less Raph. Mikey made a little comment about his face which makes me wonder if he has some sort of scar under there but then again that could have just been Mikey being a little sh*t. XD
Syb3rStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:55 PM   #227
THGhost
Puppet Master

I think people are thinking far too much into the whole Raph/plant thing. This is supposed to be a kids show, remember? Although to me it doesn't feel that way, except for the odd moment when something doesn't quite make sense. Like the whole Raph/plant thing... Wait, what was my point again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
Wasn't my intention. Incredibly sorry!
Tis alright, I have my memories from the first game to block it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Heh, "Turtle Honey." That's kinda funny.
That rhymes, sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnock View Post
No Ice Cream Kitty.
I know would have been nice to had a scene with him and Mikey.

Quote:
on a sidenote.

I so hard at that!

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #228
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

hey, where is the love for the turtles blimp making it into the intro, guys?
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:03 PM   #229
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syb3rStrife View Post
I think in a few episodes we'll hear the real voice Seth has for Leo.
That's what I'm hoping/thinking as well once recovered more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
hey, where is the love for the turtles blimp making it into the intro, guys?
It's been brought up, but I guess it's not yet as exciting as "wtf why is Raph a plant dog." lol

(At least he didn't stay that way for a few episodes, becoming the farm's new plant-based sheepdog. Edit: Damn, now I'm rather amused by that idea...)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-04-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #230
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
I think people are thinking far too much into the whole Raph/plant thing. This is supposed to be a kids show, remember? Although to me it doesn't feel that way, except for the odd moment when something doesn't quite make sense. Like the whole Raph/plant thing... Wait, what was my point again?
again, I really feel like that is a bit of a stargate atlantis reference
Old 10-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #231
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
That's what I'm hoping/thinking as well once recovered more.

It's been brought up, but I guess it's not yet as exciting as "wtf why is Raph a plant dog." lol

(At least he didn't stay that way for a few episodes, becoming the farm's new plant-based sheepdog. Edit: Damn, now I'm rather amused by that idea...)
I must admit watching the episode I was doubting that raph was really inside this plant dog..I thought raph was caged somwhere outside that hut to be honest and this 'dog' was just some bizarre being...
seth as leonardo is great in my oppinion!welcome aboard seth!
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:29 PM   #232
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
I must admit watching the episode I was doubting that raph was really inside this plant dog.
Yeah, likewise, I thought they'd find him somewhere and this thing simply stole his mask.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #233
Keroscene
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
Wow, so the mutagen sucked out of Raph was actually a nod towards The River storyline? Pretty cool.
I thought it was a reference to that too, or it might be more accurate to say it was almost the same storyline. It bugged me, because Rick Veitch didn't give IDW permission to reprint those issues, so I doubt he gave Nick permission to use those storylines. They changed it just enough so they could claim it was a different concept. And it really isn't.
Keroscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:32 PM   #234
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

I've been thinking. They've been on that farm for like 3 months. Do April and Casey have a change of clothes?? Cuz April at least only seems to wear that one shirt....
Old 10-04-2014, 05:35 PM   #235
ernesth100
Thug

There was some real emotion in this episode. Damn.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:36 PM   #236
Keroscene
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
This. It's like they are running out of ideas, so they are just straight up copying scenes and scenarios that were already done, but are just swapping characters.
I felt it was an attempt at a "homage" rather than "running out of ideas." This show has a format, that format is the Mutant of the Week format and whilst some fans don't like it, I feel it works well enough. I don't want this show to go down the path of ripping off comic arcs, like 2k3 and IDW and the movies did. I've SEEN those stories now, I've got no desire to see them again. For me, this show is best when it maintains an irreverent attitude.

The thing with Raph... well they clearly wanted to rip off that Rick Veitch storyline without actually ripping it off. But in terms of his "character development" or whatever. Hmm. Raph and Leo have always had the lion's share of the dramatic stuff to do. That's why Don and Mikey get the little side episodes, because they get screwed in the main arcs. So if Raph and/or Leo ended up stepping back from one of those arcs for once, I'd be totally cool with it. I think too often when it comes to the serious stuff, it becomes all about Leo and Raph.
Keroscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:45 PM   #237
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
I've been thinking. They've been on that farm for like 3 months. Do April and Casey have a change of clothes?? Cuz April at least only seems to wear that one shirt....
maybe if this was a 2D cartoon, we'd see some change in clothes...but since there are alot of limitations to CGI....I think we should just expect them to always be wearing the same thing.

I can't think of any CGI cartoon that has the characters change clothes alot....
Old 10-04-2014, 05:50 PM   #238
Slade
god status

For the most part, cartoon characters don't change clothes.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:51 PM   #239
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
maybe if this was a 2D cartoon, we'd see some change in clothes...but since there are alot of limitations to CGI....I think we should just expect them to always be wearing the same thing.

I can't think of any CGI cartoon that has the characters change clothes alot....
Let's not forget that Casey and April did leave the city with only the clothes on their backs. Yeah they may have found a Good Will/Salvation Army some time off screen.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #240
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Cuz April at least only seems to wear that one shirt....
Think it's been the same from the beginning? Maybe she's got a whole closet full of duplicates of that shirt, just a slight obsessive disorder of some kind.

Quote:
And really it actually shouldn't be that hard considering the model textures ("skins"/coloration) are a separate thing from the model. Could keep the same model shape and simply change the textures to the color/print of a different shirt.

Really it may simply just not be worth constantly having to make new ones if a show ventured into that. Adding a jacket or something as they've done on occasion may be easier/more sane.