Vicky82
Emperor

New Show coming in 2018

I saw a tweet from Nick and More

https://twitter.com/nickandmore/stat...23182051229696

Found the Link to the Story

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/teen...2d-1202000951/

Quote:
The kid network will be rebooting its current CG “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” series as a 2D animated series with the title “Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.” The network made the announcement at its upfront presentation in New York on Thursday afternoon.

“The Turtles is a property that has reinvention in its DNA, which keeps it fresh and relevant to every new generation while satisfying the demand from its adult fans,” said Cyma Zarghami, president, Nickelodeon Group. “’Turtles’ has been an incredibly important franchise for us since we reignited it five years ago, and we’re excited for the new series to take the characters in a different direction with more humor, a younger and lighter feel and all-new dimensions to explore.”

The new 2D series is co-executive produced by Andy Suriano (character designer for the critically acclaimed Adult Swim series “Samurai Jack”) and Ant Ward (supervising producer, current “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”) at Nickelodeon in Burbank, Calif.

The CG series will air one last season starting Sunday, March 19. Nickelodeon has ordered 26 episodes of the 2D reboot to air starting in fall 2018.

“Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” will follow Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo on all-new adventures as they seek to unlock the mystical secrets of New York City. From the tallest skyscraper to the dankest sewer drain, the Turtles will encounter absurd new mutants and battle bizarre creatures all while enjoying their favorite slice of pizza. Tapping into mystic, ninja powers they never knew existed, the four brothers must learn to work together and navigate the perils of the modern age and hidden realms in order to fulfill their destiny to become a team of heroes.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:11 PM   #2
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Fingers cross it turns out good.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:17 PM   #3
Vicky82
Emperor

Fingers crossed they will use the same voice actors but if they don't, hope the new ones are good.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:37 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Very glad that Nick indeed has more plans and they really will in fact be doing a new show after this one.

I hope it's cute and fun, though a little disappointed with the "a younger and lighter feel" thing. As much as TMNT has struggled with the "kid's thing" stigma, and because the current series already makes the Turtles feel rather young, more-so than their counter parts in other versions, what's even younger going to be like... Half Shell? I had hoped a next series would be somewhat loosely a continuation of the current and age them up a little.

I'm sure it will be adorable, but disheartened that an 'older' series (not necessarily just or adults, but at least teens and older as target audience) will still have to wait for god knows how long...
Old 03-02-2017, 03:18 PM   #5
prophecy718
Hench Mutant

Why are they rebooting?
Old 03-02-2017, 03:23 PM   #6
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecy718 View Post
Why are they rebooting?
Rat King is dead, Shredder is dead, Splinter is dead all for good this time. There is only so much one can do when key characters are killed off. They have gotten darker than expected and want a lighter tone. Instead of pulling a lighter shade all of a sudden it wanted to do it in a restart. Not to mention reboot gets a fresh start and like a comic reboot a temporary spike. The question is how much of the spike will stick. I am not used to the idea one show ends and another begins. No Next Mutation does not count.

Another thing of note is the title is the episode title of the first episode of the 2012 cartoon. A subtitle perhaps which could change by the season?

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 03-02-2017 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:28 PM   #7
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

If I've understood well, its a reboot with the same turtles of 2012 right? I mean, will it be considered in the same universe?
Old 03-02-2017, 03:28 PM   #8
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

I really like Andy Suriano's artwork. If his designs for this show are half as good as some of his other work, it will at least look great.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:31 PM   #9
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Well that's one way for Splinter and Shredder to return. Just reboot the entire bloody thing as a 2D adventure.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:32 AM   #10
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Rat King is dead, Shredder is dead, Splinter is dead all for good this time. There is only so much one can do when key characters are killed off. They have gotten darker than expected and want a lighter tone. Instead of pulling a lighter shade all of a sudden it wanted to do it in a restart. Not to mention reboot gets a fresh start and like a comic reboot a temporary spike. The question is how much of the spike will stick. I am not used to the idea one show ends and another begins. No Next Mutation does not count.

Another thing of note is the title is the episode title of the first episode of the 2012 cartoon. A subtitle perhaps which could change by the season?
Didn't they want to make the 2012 series even darker originally?
Old 05-27-2017, 03:54 AM   #11
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
That image makes me deeply upset and irrationally angry
Just remember it's a fake and nobody will ever remember those movies fondly enough to make it real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Didn't they want to make the 2012 series even darker originally?
Well I know Splinter was meant to be dead from the start and Nickelodeon wanted to turn the pitch into a sitcom to Ciro's protest. So from that... Yes and no? The final show is essentially a compromise of the pitch, the tone Nickelodeon wanted, the concepts/characters Playmates wanted and of course the crew that ended up working on it.

That said, the early concept art doesn't seem to imply it's that different in tone. Character designs, the details of character dynamics, a few story elements, the actual Klunk instead of the Ice Cream abomination, those are different but the actual tone seems to be similar to the end product.

Hahahaha!
Old 03-02-2017, 03:22 PM   #12
Freeman
Hench Mutant

Just read this on TMNT official facebook page and came running to see what we knew about it.
What makes me most happy about this is it will mean more figures!!
A 'lighter feel' could also mean a little more variants creativity, as arcs can be shorter and more diverse, like turtles on the beach, christmas special etc
Old 03-02-2017, 03:23 PM   #13
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Ugh. Sounds like "Teen Titans Go" for TMNT.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:26 PM   #14
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Well...time to dig the trenches and prepare.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:29 PM   #15
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Which is a f**king awesome show.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:31 PM   #16
Dust
Foot Soldier

Don't know how to feel about this, guess I'll wait and see before passing judgement on it.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:38 PM   #17
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Hey, that's my thing.

But yeah, I hope it's dope. Nothing wrong with a more comedy leaning show.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:34 PM   #18
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
If not comparing it to the 2003 series. I'm not into TTG, but it's bothersome how people don't seem to get that it's purposely stupid and not meant to compare to the original show.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:45 AM   #19
Fozzy Badfeet
Random Punk

Quote:
This what it definitely sounds like. Although, it will continue to make money for Nickelodeon. I am bummed that this rendition of TMNT is coming to an end.

They really did a great job with the stories and casting for this show. Plus, the writing was great too.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:48 AM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

The summary says the Turtles comes across a whole bunch of mutants. Makes me wonder if they'll use all new mutants or some of the Nick-era mutants. Teen Titans Go uses all the main Teen Titan villains, so you might see something like a chibi Tiger Claw flying around in his jetpack.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters