The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-29-2015, 05:24 PM   #61
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

****ing incredible.

That's all I have to say about this.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:26 PM   #62
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Nick can't handle their money well, I suppose. $10 million down the drain so they can completely throw this show in the dirt and kick it around like it was a two-week old meatloaf. This is just pathetic.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:51 PM   #63
AKaun6899
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
Aside from the video cover art, no Nickelodeon branding is present.
So there isn't even a Nickelodeon bumper at the very beginning of the episode?
AKaun6899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:05 PM   #64
sdp
Megan Fox = April

They didn't pay 10 million for the 2k3 show as most people assume. The 10 million basically took 4Kids licensing deals and the show. The most important thing here is the licensing deals that 4Kids had made with Mirage, it was also a way to get 4Kids to stop airing the show or releasing future DVDs or whatever digitally which could hurt Viacom. Unlike the OT or TNM, 2k3 was not dated and had just recently finished its run. So yeah it was money well spent even if the show is left to rot in the Viacom shelf. I would think that by now they've already recovered their investment many times over with the new show/movie and licensing deals they've done.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:04 PM   #65
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKaun6899 View Post
So there isn't even a Nickelodeon bumper at the very beginning of the episode?
Nope. Also, no TV rating at the top left hand corner either. However, there are the commercial break bumpers that were used on the DVDs, if that concerns you.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:37 PM   #66
AKaun6899
Random Punk

Quote:
Nope. Also, no TV rating at the top left hand corner either. However, there are the commercial break bumpers that were used on the DVDs, if that concerns you.
Oh. I never had any of the 2K3 DVDs, so the bumpers aren't a huge deal for me.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:27 PM   #67
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

To me those bumpers are really annoying, and take me out of the episode. The absence of those was a big selling point of season 1 and 2 DVD season sets for me.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:04 AM   #68
AKaun6899
Random Punk

I assume you're going to contact Amazon on the other issues you found (Repeats, an episode freezing halfway through)? With that said, does Junklantis just freeze outright, video AND audio, or is the audio still heard after that point?
Old 03-30-2015, 09:18 AM   #69
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKaun6899 View Post
I assume you're going to contact Amazon on the other issues you found (Repeats, an episode freezing halfway through)? With that said, does Junklantis just freeze outright, video AND audio, or is the audio still heard after that point?
I have contacted Amazon numerous times, but they don't seem to be doing anything about it at the moment. And yes, "Junklantis" freezes at the moment where Donatello puts on the Garbageman's minion's helmet and the audio cuts out for the rest of the episode. I think the audio popped in randomly near the end, but I'm not sure.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:25 AM   #70
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Man, it kind of hurts to see Nickelodeon kick this show around like a can in the street.

It'd be illegal, but we oughta just design our own DVD menus and such and put up an ISO somewhere for people to burn to disc.

When the show is virtually unwatchable through legal means, I think it's justifiable to start pirating.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:40 AM   #71
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
And yes, "Junklantis" freezes at the moment where Donatello puts on the Garbageman's minion's helmet and the audio cuts out for the rest of the episode. I think the audio popped in randomly near the end, but I'm not sure.
Well... at least it didn't happen on a better episode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Man, it kind of hurts to see Nickelodeon kick this show around like a can in the street.

It'd be illegal, but we oughta just design our own DVD menus and such and put up an ISO somewhere for people to burn to disc.

When the show is virtually unwatchable through legal means, I think it's justifiable to start pirating.
That's pretty much my stance too. I'll gladly pay for an official release, sometimes multiple times, but if the quality's this bad and it's available... elsewhere... I think it's totally fair to go with that.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:11 AM   #72
Luke795
Hench Mutant

I bought both seasons on iTunes. I thought the quality was pretty good.
Luke795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:15 AM   #73
AKaun6899
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke795 View Post
Any issues similar to what The-Shredder reported?
Old 03-30-2015, 02:04 PM   #74
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Could you post a screenshot of an episode, preferably from "Things Change" when Leo and Raph are arguing with each other in the beginning?
Old 03-30-2015, 04:23 PM   #75
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

I would just like to clarify that some of the screenshots I took earlier from the Amazon video were from the downloaded WMV file I got from Amazon Unbox for PC, which is no longer available. However, you can still download Amazon videos to your mobile devices.

When streaming, some of those screenshots I took should be considered inaccurate of what you are actually going to get from Amazon. For example, the pixelated moonlight at the beginning of "Attack of the Mousers" from my previous screenshot is nowhere to be seen when streaming the video from the Amazon website or the Instant Video application (I used my PlayStation 3). However, that's because the first second or so of the downloaded video is a little pixelated and then returns to normal quality. However, the quality of the downloaded video is a lot better than what I got from streaming from the website. Too bad you can only download them on mobile devices now and not on PC. I didn't watch enough on the PlayStation 3 to see the difference.

Also, I wouldn't blame Nickelodeon for the quality issues with the show's release on Amazon Instant Video. I assume they just license it out to different services (iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, Google Play/YouTube, Vudu, Xbox Video, etc.) and the services handle the encoding for their own platform. Usually, there are bound to be small differences between them, but with Amazon, they put out a faulty release for the time being.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:41 PM   #76
Luke795
Hench Mutant

I don't know how to post screenshots. Some of the episodes did have video glitches, but the audio was great. The video just froze for a second.
Luke795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:05 AM   #77
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Apple doesn't want you post screenshots of the video that you bought with your own money. Their damned DRM prevents it.

I think VLC will be able to play the files, though, and you can take a screenshot from their... give it a try if you're up to it.

Alternatively you can get a program that strips the film of its DRM... you'd probably have to pay for one of those, though, and it may not be worth the trouble at all.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:19 AM   #78
Shark_Blade
Emperor

For all non-US iTunes users, just create a US account.

Problem solved. Enjoy your 2k3 turtles. ^_^
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:22 AM   #79
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
For all non-US iTunes users, just create a US account.

Problem solved. Enjoy your 2k3 turtles. ^_^
Did not consider that, won't that cause problems?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:21 AM   #80
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I don't know how to post screenshots. Some of the episodes did have video glitches, but the audio was great. The video just froze for a second.
On Windows, just pause the video and press the PrtScn key, which is usually near the top row of the keyboard. Then, open Paint, paste, and save your image (preferably in .png format for better quality), which you can upload onto any image hosting site.

On Mac, it's easier. Just hold down down Command (⌘), Shift, and 3, and your image will be automatically saved to the desktop.

On an iPad or iPhone, just hold down the power and home button at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Apple doesn't want you post screenshots of the video that you bought with your own money. Their damned DRM prevents it.
True, but that's only if you want to take a native screenshot of the video. A plain screenshot of the video running in iTunes will suffice.