The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2018, 01:16 PM   #101
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
if "The Last Avenger" is the full title, rather than something like "Avengers 4 Infinity War part II: The Last Avenger", it might work. It's just going to be awkward when they inevitably make Avengers 5, because what would that be? "Avengers 5: From now on we're the Ultimates"?
Well, they did say there's a script for "Dark Avengers" being fast-tracked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
That and who exactly is the singular "last Avenger?" You ask me, the title doesn't make sense.

And yeah, they should probably distance themselves from "Last Jedi" comparisons. "Return of the Avengers" would be better.
"Avengers: Reassembled"?

None of the titles I've seen are too exciting. "Endgame"? "Annihilation"? These are names you'd put on a fanfiction or something. The Russos said that when we hear the subtitle, our brains will explode (or something to that effect), and that's none of those titles so far.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 01:43 PM   #102
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Well, they did say there's a script for "Dark Avengers" being fast-tracked.

"Avengers: Reassembled"?

None of the titles I've seen are too exciting. "Endgame"? "Annihilation"? These are names you'd put on a fanfiction or something. The Russos said that when we hear the subtitle, our brains will explode (or something to that effect), and that's none of those titles so far.
Not sure how I feel about that Dark Avengers idea...

Yeah... personally, I think the title that avoids "cheesy fanfic" would be Infinity {Something}, to tie it together to the previous movement. Infinity Crusade, maybe. Dunno.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 01:49 PM   #103
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,698
If I had to take my pick from the heavily rumored titles, I'd choose "Avengers Forever".

I know it's based on a specific comic and Batman got to it first, but it makes for an epic title, befitting of a sendoff.
I always thought "Batman Forever" sounded fantastic btw.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:00 PM   #104
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,498
If all the stuff about Chris leaving is true, I wouldn't mind "Avengers: End of the Line". Too wordy I suppose.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:08 PM   #105
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
If I had to take my pick from the heavily rumored titles, I'd choose "Avengers Forever".

I know it's based on a specific comic and Batman got to it first, but it makes for an epic title, befitting of a sendoff.
I always thought "Batman Forever" sounded fantastic btw.
The title was indeed the best part of that movie. And it would sound pretty great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
If all the stuff about Chris leaving is true, I wouldn't mind "Avengers: End of the Line". Too wordy I suppose.
Too wordy, but also damn good.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:21 PM   #106
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 7,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
if "The Last Avenger" is the full title, rather than something like "Avengers 4 Infinity War part II: The Last Avenger", it might work. It's just going to be awkward when they inevitably make Avengers 5, because what would that be? "Avengers 5: From now on we're the Ultimates"?
Indiana Jones film franchise is the best example. The intended third and final film titled The Last Crusade held true for 19 years. Yet after Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was released a new subtitle was never given even though Hollywood money changed the intention.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:59 PM   #107
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 7,400
Well, if Civil War was "sort of" like Avengers: Disassembled, then either Dark Avengers or Avengers: Reassembled could be possible. I would take either one. Or maybe Secret Invasion? New Avengers? There are several possibilities available.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:10 PM   #108
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Indiana Jones film franchise is the best example. The intended third and final film titled The Last Crusade held true for 19 years.
What, you thought "The Last Crusade" is referring to Indiana Jones' adventures in general? That's dumb.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:44 PM   #109
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 14,109
It was easy enough for an 8-year old to believe. It had a certain air of finality to it; plus they stopped making movies for a while.

Eventually I realized that's not what it meant but as a child that was my initial impression.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:48 PM   #110
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 7,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What, you thought "The Last Crusade" is referring to Indiana Jones' adventures in general? That's dumb.
I am referring to the movie makers Speilberg and Lucas giving it such a title not what I myself may think it is or not.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:25 PM   #111
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,432
So Avengers 4 will take place 5 years later. Probably. It looks like more than that, given those set photos of Tony's nearly white hair during that apparently time-travel trip back to the events of Avengers 1.

So that cinches it. People won't get un-dusted. The surviving Avengers will simply time travel back and just stop Thanos before he does any dusting. Seems like a copout to me.

I wonder how this ties into Captain Marvel, though. Nick Fury sent that distress call to her right as the dusting happened. Does it take her 5 years to respond to it or something?

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aveng...e-jump-a163996
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:41 PM   #112
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So Avengers 4 will take place 5 years later. Probably. It looks like more than that, given those set photos of Tony's nearly white hair during that apparently time-travel trip back to the events of Avengers 1.

So that cinches it. People won't get un-dusted. The surviving Avengers will simply time travel back and just stop Thanos before he does any dusting. Seems like a copout to me.

I wonder how this ties into Captain Marvel, though. Nick Fury sent that distress call to her right as the dusting happened. Does it take her 5 years to respond to it or something?

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aveng...e-jump-a163996
Might want to post spoilers next time Andrew. I was reading possible titles and now I see this I should have known better since this is a discussion topic, but give us aheads up
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:00 PM   #113
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Might want to post spoilers next time Andrew. I was reading possible titles and now I see this I should have known better since this is a discussion topic, but give us aheads up
Hypothetical spoilers. We have no idea, really. And that tweet could be FAKE.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:28 PM   #114
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Hypothetical spoilers. We have no idea, really. And that tweet could be FAKE.
Oh I gotcha, good point
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:29 AM   #115
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 5,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Well, they did say there's a script for "Dark Avengers" being fast-tracked.
Dark Avengers? Why not the Thunderbolts?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:00 AM   #116
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,698
I don't know how I'm going to wrap my head around Far From Home if they end up reversing five years by the end of Avengers 4.

It might be too much mental weight for me. I'm weak.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:20 AM   #117
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,432
Spoiler:
If I had to speculate... Avengers 4 picks up 5 years after Infinity War. The surviving Avengers and Captain Marvel lead a last ditch effort to take out Thanos and probably even win, but it's bittersweet because half the people are still dead. Like, they Thanos him but blow up the Gauntlet or something, too. They meet up with Ant-Man, who finally frees himself from the Quantum Realm. A plan is hatched to go back in time and give their younger selves the tools to stop Thanos during his attack. A lot of revisiting the Avengers' greatest hits as they plant various seeds in different old movies to where when Thanos shows up in Wakanda, it plays out differently and he loses. Somewhere along the line the 5 year older Avengers sacrifice themselves and remove themselves from the equation. Old Tony dies, Young Tony retires in the end.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:25 AM   #118
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Spoiler:
If I had to speculate... Avengers 4 picks up 5 years after Infinity War. The surviving Avengers and Captain Marvel lead a last ditch effort to take out Thanos and probably even win, but it's bittersweet because half the people are still dead. Like, they Thanos him but blow up the Gauntlet or something, too. They meet up with Ant-Man, who finally frees himself from the Quantum Realm. A plan is hatched to go back in time and give their younger selves the tools to stop Thanos during his attack. A lot of revisiting the Avengers' greatest hits as they plant various seeds in different old movies to where when Thanos shows up in Wakanda, it plays out differently and he loses. Somewhere along the line the 5 year older Avengers sacrifice themselves and remove themselves from the equation. Old Tony dies, Young Tony retires in the end.
I'd be good with that.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.