The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #21
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Cool

Ciro had confirmed that Usagi's episodes would be towards the end of the season. Since the season hasn't happened yet we can't truly say for sure the season will end, all we know is it will go out with a *bang*.

That can be taken both figuratively and literally.

How I could see it ending is the Turtles celebrating their mutation day, with all the family and friends they have gained.

I know Mikey says he is fifteen years old, but Mikey isn't always correct with what he says.

So much stuff has been going on since the day they first crawled out of the sewers so it's possible their 16th mutation day could have passed them without notice because they were still on that contact high after beating the Kraang.

Their 17th mutation day would have been ignored because they had a brother in a coma and a city under invasion to focus on.
their 18th mutation day would have been likely set aside because of all the stuff with Super Shredder and the Triceraton invasion.
And with likelyhood their 19th mutation day passed without notice because they were getting over Splinter's absence.

So without those milestones being acknowledged it wouldn't register to someone like Mikey that they have actually aged. And by that reguard if they end the series as it began with their mutation day, I could see Mikey asking "So were 16 now?" and Donnie pointing out they have actually turned 20.

4kids series also didn't acknowledge age as well, but the series did end with the Turtles roughly at the age of 20.

With the whole Usagi thing, I can see a reference to the third TMNT movie where Mikey, Raph, and Leo all want to stay in Ancient Japan, and Donnie is the only one who doesn't.

I can see it as Leo feeling like he belongs in Usagi's world, Mikey and Raph also seeing benefits of staying in that universe.

And Donnie would be the only one who feels he out of place.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:15 AM   #22
ToTheNines
[sic]

I also think it would be cool to end the show on their Mutation Day. But I think you've padded some time in there that just doesn't fit, VA.

Season 1 starts in summer, runs through Fall, and probably ends in early Winter.

Season 2 starts a couple months later and runs all the way to the following December. So they turned 16 ay some point in the middle of the season.

Season 3 picks up 3 months later, and then they were in Northampton for an undetermined amount of time. So they turned 17 either right before returning to NY, or during the Kraang invasion.

I don't believe they've turned 18 yet. The remainder of season 3 didn't span much time, literally no time passed during the first half of season 4, and the City at War/Super Shredder arc was only a couple months total, with 1 month passing after Earth's Last Stand.

So we'll have to see how much time has passed since Owari when season 5 starts, but I think they'll still be a few months shy of 18, at best.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:53 AM   #23
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Quote:

I don't get the obsession with this one.
It's a trope category called, Book Ends.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 07:08 AM   #24
ToTheNines
[sic]

Well, yeah. Like how JLU aped "On Leather Wings" with its final scene and had the police pilot asking "did you see that?" As the last line, just as it was the first line of dialogue spoken in Batman TAS.

But "Hiyah" is neither the first or last line spoken in "Rise of the Turtles" (nor is it in any way more significant than any other random line spoken during the two-part premiere). If they go with that trope, it would be more likely to have Leo presiding over a training session since that was the first scene of the show. Or ending with Leo or Karai finding evidence of the Foot being active somewhere and menacingly declaring it's time to "visit an old friend", a la Shredder in the final scene. Which would fit the TMNT theme of the endless cycle of vengeance.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 03-12-2017 at 07:36 AM.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:14 AM   #25
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I also think it would be cool to end the show on their Mutation Day. But I think you've padded some time in there that just doesn't fit, VA.

Season 1 starts in summer, runs through Fall, and probably ends in early Winter.

Season 2 starts a couple months later and runs all the way to the following December. So they turned 16 ay some point in the middle of the season.

Season 3 picks up 3 months later, and then they were in Northampton for an undetermined amount of time. So they turned 17 either right before returning to NY, or during the Kraang invasion.

I don't believe they've turned 18 yet. The remainder of season 3 didn't span much time, literally no time passed during the first half of season 4, and the City at War/Super Shredder arc was only a couple months total, with 1 month passing after Earth's Last Stand.

So we'll have to see how much time has passed since Owari when season 5 starts, but I think they'll still be a few months shy of 18, at best.
Thanks for the correction. However, there are some things to add in. One is the time differential in Dimension X. There is a 15 second difference between when Mikey entered the portal and his brothers do. And when they meet up with them they learn he had been there several months. Mikey's been known to exaggerate on things.

All we really know is that he was there long enough to gain an understanding of Dimension X and how to survive in it. Which depending on the person could be as little as a week to at least a month.

And also when they went back in time six months, they didn't age backward six months with it. Time still would have gone forward for them making them six months older than they would be when they left.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:48 AM   #26
ToTheNines
[sic]

Good points! So Mikey is technically the big brother of the team lol.

And yes, now that you mention it, they're all biologically 6 months older than they are chronologically. This applies to the 4kids guys (3 months in the Cretaceous period) and the Mirage guys (various time travel hijinks).

Me personally, I like to just count their ages by the regular timeline and note the extra time as a little tidbit. Much easier that way.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:05 AM   #27
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

I think it's just the standard cartoon character age thing. I haven't seen 2K3 past the first episode, so I've got no idea if they addressed the Turtles' age.
Cyndaquilfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:15 AM   #28
ToTheNines
[sic]

Well they're not going to deepen their voices or alter any character designs, but time has passed. It's not like Simpson's/Peanuts time. It's a serialized story where characters evolve, scripts reference "months" passing several times, we see Winters/Springs pass, etc.

And either way, it's fun to keep track of the chronology.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:11 AM   #29
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndaquilfan123 View Post
I think it's just the standard cartoon character age thing. I haven't seen 2K3 past the first episode, so I've got no idea if they addressed the Turtles' age.
The only age reference was Raph saying "home sweet home for 15 years." In the second episode. When he and Leo are packing up their salvageable belongings after the first lair was destroyed by mousers.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:46 PM   #30
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Well, yeah. Like how JLU aped "On Leather Wings" with its final scene and had the police pilot asking "did you see that?" As the last line, just as it was the first line of dialogue spoken in Batman TAS.

But "Hiyah" is neither the first or last line spoken in "Rise of the Turtles" (nor is it in any way more significant than any other random line spoken during the two-part premiere). If they go with that trope, it would be more likely to have Leo presiding over a training session since that was the first scene of the show. Or ending with Leo or Karai finding evidence of the Foot being active somewhere and menacingly declaring it's time to "visit an old friend", a la Shredder in the final scene. Which would fit the TMNT theme of the endless cycle of vengeance.
The definition of Book Ends didn't have to be a repeat of the last line of the first episode. Book Ends is more like callbacks to first episodes, season premiers, episode appearances, and first season finale's.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:55 PM   #31
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
The definition of Book Ends didn't have to be a repeat of the last line of the first episode. Book Ends is more like callbacks to first episodes, season premiers, episode appearances, and first season finale's.
Ok... so you're saying it could be Donnie and Mikey playing eye spy? Or Snakeweed being beat? Or the turtles scaring the pizza boy? Or any other relatively insignificant moment from those episodes?
Old 03-12-2017, 06:34 PM   #32
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Ok... so you're saying it could be Donnie and Mikey playing eye spy? Or Snakeweed being beat? Or the turtles scaring the pizza boy? Or any other relatively insignificant moment from those episodes?
You could say that.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:20 PM   #33
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

More like the four of them sitting around the table as a mutation day cake is brought out for them to share.

Obviously they'd be older, presumably with a few poignant reminders like Splinters empty seat - as well as including friends picked up along the way (like Karai, Casey and April).

It'd be the opportunity to showcase how far they've come and how much they've changed. That'd be the ideal set up for a 'book ends' ending in this instance i think.

The other possibility (but its very, very slight and depends a lot on how things go on the lead up to it), would be One of the turtles (Leo or Don I would suspect, but could be any of them) would be present at a similar birthday event much further in the future where they are fulfilling Splinters role of storyteller for a new generation (be it literally the descendants of the characters, or more likely a group of newly trained aspirants - Pupils of Leos for example).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:52 PM   #34
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
Pupils of Leos for example).
That'd be cool. And just because you got me thinking of Archie, you could have a similar scene with Mikey and the kids from his orphanage.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:36 PM   #35
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
That'd be cool. And just because you got me thinking of Archie, you could have a similar scene with Mikey and the kids from his orphanage.
Yeah, Just like what happened in that Cyber Samurai Mutant Ninja Turtles storyline from the Archie comics.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:01 AM   #36
Chinibio
Random Punk

Just gonna leave this idea here and go back to lurking mode... Maybe shredder is rewived at the end, but he returns as a child/baby. And it's up to the turtles to raise him, like splinter raised them. And give him a chance to be good this time around. It could end with them having a birthay for child saki. This sounded much better in my head...
Chinibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:54 AM   #37
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Hmm, I have no idea. I'd like it to be the 80s crossover with Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang. They gave us an all out fight at the end of season 4, so how do you top that, I wonder? Two Shredders taking on the turtles at the end of 5? Killing Kraang Prime for good and all? Every mutant with a hate on for the turtles teaming up in a kind of Night of The Rogues situation? However they handle it, I hope it's epic. No cliffhanger endings, please. haha