The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 11-01-2014, 11:16 AM   #1
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Halo Master chief collection anyone??

Hey guys was wondering if anybody else will be getting this when it comes out. I understand the basic things that will be included in the game such as all 4 campaigns and multiplayer modes, but I was also wondering if they will have
forge mode??? Also I read they will have dedicated servers???? I would love to play Halo 2 on xbox live with dedicated servers. Also can anyone confirm if you can play campaign mode with friends on live???
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:46 PM   #2
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
I got my copy preordered

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:51 PM   #3
Peanut
Second Gear

I've had a pretty weird relationship with Halo. It's love-hate in a lot of ways, but it has been oddly prevalent in my life since I was a teenager. I've been ultra hyped for Halo's (Halo 2/3) and been almost indifferent about them (Halo Reach). I've sunk hundreds of hours into the multiplayer on a few of them, or played them twice and never touched them again. I've read a few of the books and own merchandise. I've argued (on this very forum) that Halo 1 has one of the worst levels in the history of video games. Halo 3 RRoD'd my 360 at midnight on launch day, which left me no choice but to cannibalize my game library to get a new one. Halo 2 came out on my 17th birthday and was my first midnight launch. I once threw an OG Xbox through an ex-girlfriends car window after she smashed it during an argument about how much I played Halo. The first time I ever got drunk was playing Halo:CE on a small CRT in someones **** box trailer. Halo 2 connected me to a guy more than anything else ever had and that relationship led to me meeting the woman I'm going to marry. The first game I ever played through in full online co-op was Halo 3, it was also the first game I played with one of my best friends on the planet. Needless to say, I have mixed feelings about the series, but in the end I've always come back to it.

This trailer made me feel nostalgic about Halo. I think that's a corner you turn that you can't really come back from.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:32 PM   #4
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
The first game I ever played through in full online co-op was Halo 3, it was also the first game I played with one of my best friends on the planet.
Homiez 4 lyfe.

I'm pretty excited for it. I only played small parts of Halo 2 so that should be fun to experience, especially with my dawgz. But is the campaign for 2 gonna be 4 player co op? I've tried Googling it but nothing mentions Halo 2 specifically.

Also, lot of numbers in this post.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #5
Peanut
Second Gear

Pretty sure 2 is only two player online coop like CE was.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:30 AM   #6
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

So I am extremely disappointed with this game. Paid $60 for a game that doesn't even work. Way to go and on top of that you bold face lied about the control glitches and super-bouncing still being in the game. Biggest let down in a long time.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:12 AM   #7
Peanut
Second Gear

It's a huge online launch, kid. Have you followed video games for the last year? This sh*t is what being on a next-gen console is all about apparently. Nothing releases finished anymore.

And why the hell would you want super bouncing in? That's the absolute worst bullsh*t. You must have been 10 when Halo 2 came out.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:44 AM   #8
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
It's a huge online launch, kid. Have you followed video games for the last year? This sh*t is what being on a next-gen console is all about apparently. Nothing releases finished anymore.

And why the hell would you want super bouncing in? That's the absolute worst bullsh*t. You must have been 10 when Halo 2 came out.
lol actually close I think I was 13. Honestly its just fun getting outside maps and exploring.

And this is the first game that I can remember that failed this hard. I don't know i you have played it, but I can't even join a friend pre-game lobby. Always have to quit the game and then re-boot game. And when we finally got into a game. There were 7 damn people right off the bat and My friend and I were on opposite teams......

This game is such ********. This is the last game I buy brand new.

But on a positive note the campaign cut scenes look amazing curtesy of Blur. The campaign plays great!!!
Old Yesterday, 11:13 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Any revised opinions about this over the years? I'm about to try it out.

*edit: I'm almost 100% sure I've only ever played Halo 3, because it came with the X-Box 360 I owned for like a year. And I basically thought it was OK, but seemed "light" compared to a lot of more classic FPSes on PC.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; Yesterday at 11:27 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote