The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-01-2017, 08:12 PM   #981
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
A new book based on "monster arc" - "Monster Mayhem!"

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1ggjG0vRIL.jpg

Spoiler:
When a vampire and a werewolf attack New York City, it’s up to Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to mash the monsters.

https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Mayhe...=ninja+turtles
Thanks Al.

July 25th, huh? I bet the episodes don't even air until after that.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 12:03 AM   #982
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Stan Sakai: Usagi’s also crossing over into their animated series, Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, in a three-part story arc.

http://ew.com/books/2017/04/01/stan-...mnt-crossover/
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 12:30 AM   #983
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Stan Sakai: Usagi’s also crossing over into their animated series, Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, in a three-part story arc.

We knew about the story arc for the toon. The new Usagi action figures for the arc were shown at Toy Fair.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:11 AM   #984
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:

You know we know this has been known for months, man.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:23 AM   #985
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Even though this is old information still gets me pumped every time I see it

I hope he invites Leo to stay in his dimension, that'd be an intresting way to conclude the series.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:07 AM   #986
snake
Disgusting

It's 3 parts tho. I assumed it was 4.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:23 PM   #987
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's not poor writing at all, the Turtles were in no way going to find 50 mutagen caninsters scattered across NYC. It was only done to explain the new mutants popping up in Season 2 and beyond.
Obviously not, but when the readers are led to believe that the turtles are completely responsible over what happened, then it certainly does indicate that it is going to be addressed at some point. However, this did not happen and there has been no allusion to it, even when the writers actually did choose to flesh it out with Don Vizioso's sub-plot.

This is what I call bad writing. What you described only indicates that they did this as a means to milk the series and lazily create more filler arcs which I think we can agree is poor writing.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:33 PM   #988
Powder
So tired of this place

You not liking it doesn't make it bad.

You want bad, go watch the new movies.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:10 PM   #989
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
You not liking it doesn't make it bad.

You want bad, go watch the new movies.
That's fine. I'm actually not berating TMNT for low-quality writing because I genuinely enjoy what they have been presenting, I just would've liked if they had looked into the mutagen mishap more closely instead of leaving it open-ended.

It's honestly one thing to introduce mutants, but it's another thing to create such a scandal that the turtles felt entirely responsible for their mistake which alone gave the implication that they were going to resolve the issue. Moreso because there was a devious group dedicating to eliminating mutants.

But any who, that's my opinion. I don't think it detracted from my experience all that much, it was just something that I believed the writers had presented as a grander issue that would be resolved.

With all that said, one thing I'm actually questioning is the stark contrast between Kavaxus's expression when he disposed of Tatsu and when he disposed of the Hammer. It makes me question if Tatsu had powered him up in some way, hence why Kavaxus smirked as opposed to the Hammer when Kavaxus was more annoyed. Kavaxus has an extreme lust for power which made me question if what Kavaxus had done to Tatsu had actually powered up Kavaxus in some sort of way. Tatsu was made out to be a special human being with a acute form of hearing after all whereas the Hammer was that generic tough guy. Perhaps I'm looking too deeply into this, but it still made me curious nonetheless.

On a side note, I did watch the new movie that came out in 2014 (I believe) and while the writing wasn't particularly good, I still found the action and humor rather entertaining. Not as strong as the cartoon, but still relatively good, at least enough for me to thoroughly enjoy myself.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:46 PM   #990
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
With all that said, one thing I'm actually questioning is the stark contrast between Kavaxus's expression when he disposed of Tatsu and when he disposed of the Hammer. It makes me question if Tatsu had powered him up in some way, hence why Kavaxus smirked as opposed to the Hammer when Kavaxus was more annoyed. Kavaxus has an extreme lust for power which made me question if what Kavaxus had done to Tatsu had actually powered up Kavaxus in some sort of way. Tatsu was made out to be a special human being with a acute form of hearing after all whereas the Hammer was that generic tough guy. Perhaps I'm looking too deeply into this, but it still made me curious nonetheless.
They actually explain this in the upcoming episode, so please keep your eyes peeled.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:45 PM   #991
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
This is what I call bad writing. What you described only indicates that they did this as a means to milk the series and lazily create more filler arcs which I think we can agree is poor writing.
What on earth are you talking about? Milk the series? Filler arcs? The show was going to last the same amount of time either way, all the one-off mutants you see showing up were always going to happen and are just fun one-shot stories.

TMNT isn't about the Turtles fighting Shredder or the Foot 24/7, it's about them going on all kinds of adventures and fighting all kinds of various mutants/aliens/monsters, etc. I don't know why you're under the bizarre assumption all the mutant stories are the result of "bad writing." That's what TMNT is about.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:38 AM   #992
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
What on earth are you talking about? Milk the series? Filler arcs? The show was going to last the same amount of time either way, all the one-off mutants you see showing up were always going to happen and are just fun one-shot stories.

TMNT isn't about the Turtles fighting Shredder or the Foot 24/7, it's about them going on all kinds of adventures and fighting all kinds of various mutants/aliens/monsters, etc. I don't know why you're under the bizarre assumption all the mutant stories are the result of "bad writing." That's what TMNT is about.
Don't get it twisted, what I'm saying is lack of continuity is bad writing. We're led to believe that the mutagen mishap was a tremendous issue and would burden the turtles and this was not the case. Since it is the end of TMNT 2012, there should be a resolution to this issue or at least more frequent showings of mutants where the turtles attempts to resolve the mess that they made.

Frankly, I want to see more mutant stories because it plays into the mishap quite nicely instead of it being shrugged off.

Last edited by MCLeo28; 04-03-2017 at 12:46 AM.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:14 AM   #993
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Don't get it twisted, what I'm saying is lack of continuity is bad writing. We're led to believe that the mutagen mishap was a tremendous issue and would burden the turtles and this was not the case.
There's no lack of continuity. You keep bringing up the mutagen canisters over and over when several people in this thread explained to you already that it's irrelevant. It was done to explain where all the new mutants started popping out from during Season 2. The Turtles cannot possibly scour the entire NYC to find random canisters of mutagen around. I literally cannot understand where you get that this is a "tremendous issue" according to you. Seriously, I'm baffled this even needs to be discussed.

Quote:
Frankly, I want to see more mutant stories because it plays into the mishap quite nicely instead of it being shrugged off.
Which they've literally done.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:59 PM   #994
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
There's no lack of continuity. You keep bringing up the mutagen canisters over and over when several people in this thread explained to you already that it's irrelevant. It was done to explain where all the new mutants started popping out from during Season 2. The Turtles cannot possibly scour the entire NYC to find random canisters of mutagen around. I literally cannot understand where you get that this is a "tremendous issue" according to you. Seriously, I'm baffled this even needs to be discussed.
I think what you're struggling to comprehend is that I've acknowledged this while you have failed to acknowledge or at least attempt to understand the point that I am making. The outburst of mutagen was entirely their fault do to their carelessness after erroneously believing that Shredder was dead, therefore, the writers implied that the turtles would mature by fixing the mess that they started since they're devoted towards protecting their city.

I am baffled why I have to restate my point just because you're rambling about causal reasons that have no relation to what I am trying to convey.

Quote:
Which they've literally done.
That originated from the city? Very doubtful.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:04 PM   #995
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I think what you're struggling to comprehend is that I've acknowledged this while you have failed to acknowledge or at least attempt to understand the point that I am making. The outburst of mutagen was entirely their fault do to their carelessness after erroneously believing that Shredder was dead, therefore, the writers implied that the turtles would mature by fixing the mess that they started since they're devoted towards protecting their city.
I know what you're trying to say. The Turtles "took responsibility" by trying to defeat the Kraang, they attack/interact with whatever mutants they run into, and so forth. As I said, they're not going to scour 100 miles of Manhattan for canisters that could literally be anywhere.

Quote:
That originated from the city? Very doubtful.
The writers made a whole bunch of episodes as a result of that outbreak.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:09 PM   #996
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I know what you're trying to say. The Turtles "took responsibility" by trying to defeat the Kraang, they attack/interact with whatever mutants they run into, and so forth. As I said, they're not going to scour 100 miles of Manhattan for canisters that could literally be anywhere.
Defeating the Kraang is an objective disconnected with resolving the mutagen outbreak. Defeating the Kraang does not solve the mess that they made.

Obviously not, but I'm claiming that it is a problem when there hasn't been a reference to this problem for over 2 Seasons even though we're led to believe that they will tackle the issue at some point in time. Hell, there isn't any tangible evidence of the mutagen outbreak having any effect on the city which is ludicrous considering amount of mutants that would emerge from it.

Quote:
The writers made a whole bunch of episodes as a result of that outbreak.
Many? Not really, no.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:12 PM   #997
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:

Obviously not, but I'm claiming that it is a problem when there hasn't been a reference to this problem for over 2 Seasons even though we're led to believe that they will tackle the issue at some point in time.
Then that's where you'll be kept waiting, because they addressed the issue. It's not a plotline as we said. It was a mutant outbreak story essentially that gave a logical explanation why mutants showed up randomly in episodes. The Turtles aren't going to go around having mental breakdowns over random canisters of ooze.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:57 PM   #998
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Then that's where you'll be kept waiting, because they addressed the issue. It's not a plotline as we said. It was a mutant outbreak story essentially that gave a logical explanation why mutants showed up randomly in episodes. The Turtles aren't going to go around having mental breakdowns over random canisters of ooze.
Well, agree to disagree. I'd rather just leave it at that rather than continue derailing the thread.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:37 AM   #999
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

End Times sneak peek http://www.nick.com/ninja-turtles/vi...tles-504-clip/
For non-American: http://redworld96.tumblr.com/post/15...redder-is-back

Last edited by Redworld96; 04-06-2017 at 02:59 AM.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:01 AM   #1000
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

HAHAH!!! I am a zombie now and no one can defeat me!!!

Tags
season 5