The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #421
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I kinda stopped caring. Other than WW, the DCCU has been a bust. Just shows you Batman works best alone.

I never liked Batman branding people. And he's essentially the older gruff Dark Knight Returns Batman, but he's joining the modern day Justice League? Do it right or don't do it at all DC/WB.

Matt Reeves is an excellent director, and I'm sure his Batman isn't going to go around branding people. Just because it exists in the same universe doesn't mean each director isn't going to take their own spin on things and liberties.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:03 PM   #422
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Matt Reeves is an excellent director, and I'm sure his Batman isn't going to go around branding people. Just because it exists in the same universe doesn't mean each director isn't going to take their own spin on things and liberties.
I thought branding people was pretty badass.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:09 PM   #423
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think people need to realize a lot of these movies are not going to do the same thing Zack Synder did. They're not going to act the same, the writing won't be the same, the characters won't be the same, etc.

We already saw it with Wonder Woman. This Batman despite being in the same universe will not be how he is in Batman/Superman. Oddly enough Batman was the best part of that movie, so I think we have nothing to worry about.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:09 PM   #424
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Probably the branding and mass-murdering of criminals is behind Batman now. Every interview with anybody at WB about Batman in The Batman or anything else that's upcoming, it's all about how much Batman is redeemed, his faith in humanity restored after BvS, blah blah... I take that to mean, "Crap, we probably shouldn't have had Batman going around murdering every criminal in sight and now we need to backpeddle."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:23 PM   #425
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Two things. One, this is only news to us because he's confirming it now about the scrapping. Affleck and Johns (hahaha!) would have been well aware this could happen and did happen when Affleck stepped down as director and Reeves stepped in months ago.

Two, I'm not really interested in seeing any live action Riddler again outside of some kind of villain ensemble piece. I wouldn't assume he's a given.
I think I agree on both these points - assuming you're laughing at Geoff Johns being in charge of movies. Can't stand most of the guy's work, from a personal standpoint.

And yeah, I'm also uninterested in the Riddler. He seems to be this dull middleman inbetween the more theatrical and colorful Batman villains and the gritty old school gang enemies Batman has. "Bland"is the word I'd use. No offense to anyone who see's a spark in the character - I just don't see it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:26 PM   #426
Vegita-San
Emperor

i don't mind the riddle..

but a 'more socio pathic' Joker didn't work at all IMHO. it just made him a boring mad man. doing the same to the Riddler, and taking out what makes the riddler himself, well, it just shows to me no one understands these characters.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:26 PM   #427
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I think I agree on both these points - assuming you're laughing at Geoff Johns being in charge of movies. Can't stand most of the guy's work, from a personal standpoint.
I'm laughing because I love that his big Batman script with Affleck is in the shredder. F*** Geoff Johns, that hack.

Quote:
And yeah, I'm also uninterested in the Riddler. He seems to be this dull middleman inbetween the more theatrical and colorful Batman villains and the gritty old school gang enemies Batman has. "Bland"is the word I'd use. No offense to anyone who see's a spark in the character - I just don't see it.
Yeah. I know there's good Riddler stories out there and he can be used well... I'm just not excited to see the character. I don't really want to go to the theater and watch Batman solve riddles, and the big climax to be Batman outsmarting him and then... not fighting him, because he's not a fighter. As a subplot early in the movie or something that's tidied up by the end of the first act, sure, or part of some bigger group of rogues, that'd work too. Beyond that... just not very inspiring.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 07-13-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:29 AM   #428
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Ben Affleck's Batman Future in Doubt as Warner Bros. Plots Franchise

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...r_breakingnews
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:36 AM   #429
CyberCubed
Overlord

So they're afraid Affleck is getting too old since he's pushing 50? The Spiderman comment bothered me too, we don't need some young 20 something year old Batman. Batman should be older and more mature in all his appearances.

I've always seen Batman around 30-35 in my head for all incarnations set in the modern day, and seeing Affleck as an older Batman is fine too. Affleck doesn't even look that old.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:36 AM   #430
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand start counting the days until we get confirmation that Ben Affleck will indeed star in The Batman.

But at this point, if Justice League is Affleck's last appearance as Batman, I won't be shocked.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:37 AM   #431
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yep, we're going to need Ben Affleck and WB to give us a 29th confirmation.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:44 AM   #432
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yep, we're going to need Ben Affleck and WB to give us a 29th confirmation.
BUT WILL THEY!!!???

I really wish somebody would comb the thread and the internet at large to create a timeline documenting each separate confirmation of this.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:53 AM   #433
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't follow Affleck's movie career, what does he have down the pipeline that is as big as Batman? Hasn't he been in a number of bombs?
Old 07-21-2017, 11:57 AM   #434
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I don't follow Affleck's movie career, what does he have down the pipeline that is as big as Batman? Hasn't he been in a number of bombs?
I think his last great movie was Gone Girl. Live By Night wasn't as well received, but it was still a good movie and a good performance.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:00 PM   #435
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post

Maybe they should have Bruce step down as the main hero in The Batman and have Terry McGinnis assume the role as the Caped Crusader. That's probably the best way to retire Affleck and McGinnis might appeal to younger audiences more.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:03 PM   #436
CyberCubed
Overlord

Terry is from the future, having him in the modern day is nonsensical. We already have Nightwing or the other Robin's to take over from Batman in the modern year.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:03 PM   #437
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Maybe they should have Bruce step down as the main hero in The Batman and have Terry McGinnis assume the role as the Caped Crusader. That's probably the best way to retire Affleck and McGinnis might appeal to younger audiences more.
No. Batman Beyond is NOT accessible to mainstream audiences.

Pull a War Machine, recast, never bother to make any sort of meta in-film acknowledgement.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:03 PM   #438
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I think his last great movie was Gone Girl. Live By Night wasn't as well received, but it was still a good movie and a good performance.
"The Accountant" was pretty good, too. Not great, but pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Chances of that happening anytime in the foreseeable future: zero.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:05 PM   #439
CyberCubed
Overlord

Batman Beyond is mainstream if only because all the kids who grew up with the cartoon from 1999-2001 are now adults.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:11 PM   #440
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Batman Beyond is mainstream if only because all the kids who grew up with the cartoon from 1999-2001 are now adults.
No, it's not.

Tags
batman, diversity comics, the cucked crusader