The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
Koi
Mad Scientist

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

I have been watching this show religiously, it is pretty amazing. Any other forum goers who like/love this amazing show?
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Not exactly my thing, but apparently there's a whole sub movement amongst fans regarding the so-called "Derpy" character.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
Koi
Mad Scientist

He is like the "Where's Waldo" of MLP. Derpy is just a fan name of a background pony that gets used in each episode along with other background ponies. :O I like Derpy, but my favourite pony is Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash is 20% cooler then all the other ponies.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I remember MLP was always the show for really young girls back in the 80s and the kind of thing no self-respecting boy would be caught dead watching. Is the new show have a more all-ages/gender neutral appeal?

Here's a few funny fan arts on the "Derpy" phenomenon:
http://spengs85.deviantart.com/#/d367xj2

http://ninjaink.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3bso1t

View my sketch work!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
Koi
Mad Scientist

I've heard right now most of the viewers are either stoner teenage boys, teenage girls, and little girls. So, yes?

Have you watched the show by the way? I love that Lauren Faust is the developer of this show. Which probably the reason I love this show so much, because I loved all the other things that she has developed as well, like Foster Home, Power Puff Girls. Majority of the episodes are amazing, the first two weren't the best but after those ones are like amazing episodes, and simply some of the most entertaining things you will watch. Most likely do to Pinkie Pie and her amazing randomness and songs, and and and and. Omg, I need to watch more pony related things on youtube now.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Well, I do like the Powerpuff Girls, although I always associated the show more with Craig McCracken.

I've never seen any of Pony, but that clip does look pretty funny and the show does have a pretty impressive voice acting cast. So... maybe I need to watch some more Youtube bits myself.

View my sketch work!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #7
Koi
Mad Scientist

All the episodes are on youtube. : o
Old 03-21-2011, 08:39 PM   #8
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
SOLD! Damn, girl. You got me hooked, just like that. This is not the girls-only MLP my sister forced me to ignore, back in the day.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:34 PM   #9
Eiko
Aussie and Proud

I use to love My Little Pony back in the day. That clip is quite funny.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:50 PM   #10
Hero
British Bloke

I put this on for my daughter every Saturday when the latest episode goes to Youtube. She may be only 3-months old, but she loves it.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #11
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

I absolutly love this show. I was never much of a fan of the original (also refered to as G1 Pony's) but the new one is AWESOME. I've even begun to collect the figs (so far I have Twilight Sparkle, Apple Jack, and Rainbow Dash). I like how there's some modern twists (like the Michael Jackson pony that hired Rarity to make him a bunch of costumes.). Also Princess Celestia (who rules Equestria from... Canterlot. Heh..get it? Canterlot instead of Camelot?) and her sister Princess Luna/Nightmare Moon are normal horses, most of the males (like Apple Jack's brother Macintosh) are Clydesdales and of course there's Zecora the Zebra (yes she's from Africa).

One of my fave characters in the show is Spike the baby dragon. He's a horny little bugger with his hots for Rarity. *lol*

One of the weird things tho is if Celestia is just a princess who are her parents? Does she have any other siblings? It would seem so since she has a nephew (Luna couldn't be the mother since she was trapped in the moon for 1000 years).
Old 03-23-2011, 08:52 AM   #12
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I'm not able to watch this show, but I'm sure it's good. I used to love MLP back in the day (my fave ponies were Sundance, Baby Sundance, and the Flutter Ponies). Maybe I can catch this elsewhere if I get time or even think about it.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:44 AM   #13
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I'm not able to watch this show, but I'm sure it's good. I used to love MLP back in the day (my fave ponies were Sundance, Baby Sundance, and the Flutter Ponies). Maybe I can catch this elsewhere if I get time or even think about it.
Every ep is up on YouTube. Go! Watch it now!
Old 03-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #14
Koi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
One of the weird things tho is if Celestia is just a princess who are her parents? Does she have any other siblings? It would seem so since she has a nephew (Luna couldn't be the mother since she was trapped in the moon for 1000 years).
Just Faust's writing choice.
Quote:
Yes, My Little Pony is riddled with pink, the leader is a Princess instead of a Queen and there probably aren’t enough boys around to portray a realistic society. These decisions were not entirely up to me.
http://msmagazine.com/blog/blog/2010...ny-a-rebuttal/

Also, Luna and Celestia are sisters; they said so in the first episode.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:20 PM   #15
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Just Faust's writing choice.

http://msmagazine.com/blog/blog/2010...ny-a-rebuttal/

Also, Luna and Celestia are sisters; they said so in the first episode.
Never said Luna and Celestia weren't sisters. Im just wondering if they have another sibling about since Rarity has stated she has a crush on Celestia's nephew. Luna was trapped in the moon for 1000 years. Did Luna have him before she was trapped in the moon? If so then the nephew would be like 1000 years old. *lol*
Old 03-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #16
Koi
Mad Scientist

You could ask the Lauran herself if you really want the answer over on DA.
http://fyre-flye.deviantart.com/

I am guessing it was just an added character for the moment for Celestia's family. Nothing you should really look into... I don't think MLP will ever talk about moms. If you haven't noticed with the Cutie Mark Crusaders they only really have sisters. The only pony so far to have an expansive family with a mom is Applejack. Maybe in the land of ponies adults don't always exist. After all, the demographic for this show is suppose to be little girls. So wouldn't it be mostly filled with young female ponies? I don't know. I am rambling...

I don't look to much into shows to care enough to even ask questions like you do.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:40 PM   #17
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
The only pony so far to have an expansive family with a mom is Applejack.
Well actually that's her grandmother. I'd LOVE to have a Granny Smith fig! Another elderly pony was seen working in Cloud City.

And there's at least 1 married couple in town. Mr. and Mrs. Cake (Cup and Carrot...seriously...that's their names. Carrot Cake and Cup Cake )
Old 03-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #18
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Further proof of how awesome this show is. From this week's ep we learned:

1: Buffalo's apperantly represent Native Americans
2: Trains litterally run on horse power (good lord. Didn't they get tired?!)
3: They get drunk on salt!

They should just really make figures of the entire Apple family. Cuz darnit now I want one of cousin Braeburn! *lol*
Old 03-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #19
Koi
Mad Scientist

I was so upset I didn't see Derpy in this episode. I loved the Fluttershy is a tree joke.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #20
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

I friggin' LOVE this show. Ever since I watched the first episode, I was hooked. The writing is clever, the jokes are hilarious, the songs are some of the best I've EVER heard in an animated series, and every character is likeable. This show is second only to Sgt. Frog in my heart as my favorite show of all time. I really hope Hasbro takes advantage of the expanded fan base and has Shout! Factory release some awesome DVDs. This is one of those shows that I absolutely MUST own on DVD. Consider me a fan!

As for who my favorite character is, I just adore Fluttershy. She is one of the most adorable characters I've ever seen in a show and everytime she's on screen, I just go "D'AWWWWWW!". I just wish Hasbro would release a show-accurate PVC figure of her. She's one of the only main ponies without one.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote