The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-28-2017, 09:42 AM   #21
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I think all the previous postings have named just about all the popular shows that I enjoyed. So I thought I would toss out a couple not so common shows that I remember liking as a child.

Noozles

The Wild Puffalumps

Oh, and this...
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:01 AM   #22
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Are we talking cartoons? Or just shows from our childhood in general, because if it's the latter....

Live action:
Family Matters
Full House
The Fresh Prince
Power Rangers

Cartoons:
TMNT
Garfield
Cartoon Planet
Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:27 AM   #23
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Are we talking cartoons? Or just shows from our childhood in general, because if it's the latter....

Live action:
Family Matters
Full House
The Fresh Prince
Power Rangers

Cartoons:
TMNT
Garfield
Cartoon Planet
Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast
Can be both, still your childhood shows.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:09 PM   #24
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Non-cartoon shows would be most of the TGIF schedule from around 1992-1995. Also watched a lot of Matlock in the 90's. Although, I don't think at around ten years old I was the target audience.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:34 AM   #25
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Non-cartoon shows would be most of the TGIF schedule from around 1992-1995. Also watched a lot of Matlock in the 90's. Although, I don't think at around ten years old I was the target audience.
Some of the non toon shows I watched were not aimed at children either but that's because we didn't have the amount of channels and shows for children that we have now. There were scheduled times for kids shows and around that, everything else. I was watching re-runs of Star Trek when I was little and then some soaps during childhood. I also watched T.J Hooker, knight Rider and The A-Team. I remember A-Team toys though so they must have had children in mind.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:35 AM   #26
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Some of the non toon shows I watched were not aimed at children either but that's because we didn't have the amount of channels and shows for children that we have now. There were scheduled times for kids shows and around that, everything else. I was watching re-runs of Star Trek when I was little and then some soaps during childhood. I also watched T.J Hooker, knight Rider and The A-Team. I remember A-Team toys though so they must have had children in mind.
Oh yeah I forgot about the limited channels and scheduling. Good point. We had a TV Antenna with poor reception, maybe three channels at best. Got a satellite dish eventually though. I must have watched Matlock during breaks from school seeing how it was a mid-day time slot iirc. Kids nowadays don't know how good they have it with all the access to shows for them. Yeah when we got a dish I watched some Knight Rider, Highlander, and Renegade. I was older though, probably thirteen. Knight Rider though was rebroadcast of course.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:04 PM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Fred Penner's Place
Under the Umbrella Tree
The Real Ghostbusters
TMNT
Batman TAS
Tailspin
Darkwing Duck
Chip'n Dale Rescue Rangers
COPS (the cartoon)
Bucky O'Hare
Animaniacs
Ren & Stimpy
General Loony Tunes cartoons
Perfect Strangers
Melrose Place
Party of 5
Xena

I watched a lot of GI Joe and He-Man, too but I don't think I was ever super into either of those. Moreso GI Joe, I think.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 08-29-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:56 PM   #28
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Oh yeah I forgot about the limited channels and scheduling. Good point. We had a TV Antenna with poor reception, maybe three channels at best. Got a satellite dish eventually though. I must have watched Matlock during breaks from school seeing how it was a mid-day time slot iirc. Kids nowadays don't know how good they have it with all the access to shows for them. Yeah when we got a dish I watched some Knight Rider, Highlander, and Renegade. I was older though, probably thirteen. Knight Rider though was rebroadcast of course.
We had just 3-4 channels at that time as well, though I still thought the shows on them were enough for me. The Den (Irish children's tv strand) aired most popular shows from around the world. I remember watching some adult shows such as soaps, Murder She Wrote and Star Trek: The Next Generation along with others I can't remember anything about.

Last edited by Wesley; 08-30-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Wesley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:29 PM   #29
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher

Let's see...

Sonic X
Recess
Hey Arnold
Rugrats
Power Puff Girls
Animaniacs
Kim Possible
Spongebob Square Pants
Old 08-30-2017, 04:13 PM   #30
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I also liked not well known musical comedy tv series (The Monkees and S Club 7).
Wesley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:25 PM   #31
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
We had just 3-4 channels at that time as well, though I still thought the shows on them were enough for me. The Den (Irish children's tv strand) aired most popular shows from around the world. I remember watching some adult shows such as soaps, Murder She Wrote and Star Trek: The Next Generation along with others I can't remember anything about.
Yeah the shows were enough for me too. But never got much into Soaps or Murder She Wrote. But Star Trek was great and so was Star Trek:TNG. But lots of the times I slightly preferred the original over TNG because it seemed to have more missions with the crew venturing off the ship.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:17 AM   #32
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yeah the shows were enough for me too. But never got much into Soaps or Murder She Wrote. But Star Trek was great and so was Star Trek:TNG. But lots of the times I slightly preferred the original over TNG because it seemed to have more missions with the crew venturing off the ship.
I remember refusing to watch TNG when it came out, out of stubbornness because I liked the original characters....but I did eventually come to like it.