The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-25-2017, 10:25 AM   #7401
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
He's bragging about having tons of people blocked like it's cool.
Wait a day, and he'll complain about PC SJWs and how they can't handle his real talk...from the comfort of his Brotress of Solidude.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.

Last edited by plastroncafe; 07-25-2017 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Editing for a more epic Dad Joke level pun.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:29 AM   #7402
snake
Disgusting

Ignore lists are the ultimate safe spaces.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:32 AM   #7403
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Wait a day, and he'll complain about PC SJWs and how they can't handle his real talk...from the comfort of his Brotress of Solidude.
Okay, that was meant as an insult, but I kinda want to rename my home office "The Brotress of Solitude."
Old 07-25-2017, 10:35 AM   #7404
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Okay, that was meant as an insult, but I kinda want to rename my home office "The Brotress of Solitude."
It wouldn't be the first time a pejorative term was reclaimed and re-purposed by the target.

Says the Yankee Masshole.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:18 PM   #7405
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
By the mods? I can see an entire arguement on page 370 but there was even more that was so bad the mods blocked it?
nope, just people on my ignore list. thought it was rather humorous i couldn't figure out what was going on for different reasons ;o).
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:32 PM   #7406
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
By the mods? I can see an entire arguement on page 370 but there was even more that was so bad the mods blocked it?
A certain someone cannot handle criticisms against them, therefore ignore list to feel safe. ;o Personally, it's gotten old, very.

I guess a recent gear grinder are false promises as I've caught some of my friends being "busy" but then I find out they're not as busy as I thought.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:46 PM   #7407
snake
Disgusting

But I don't want to be ignored, Virgin-San!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:49 PM   #7408
plastroncafe

My bet is that he has no one ignored at all, and is just using this as a way to get people to talk about him.

Then he can re-read what we say and pretend that either a) we care about him in the slightest, b) he has friends, c) both a and b.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-25-2017, 12:51 PM   #7409
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
My bet is that he has no one ignored at all, and is just using this as a way to get people to talk about him.

Then he can re-read what we say and pretend that either a) we care about him in the slightest, b) he has friends, c) both a and b.
Something tells me that based on the thread made a while back on the guy, it's certainly high time to ignore him.

Now if we can get Cube to do the same.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:48 PM   #7410
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Today I was reminded by the person I respect and admire the most in this world how much of an utter disappointment I am.

Now, they didn't do it on purpose or anything. Their intentions were pure and full of care. But in their kind attempts to help they reminded me of things I wish I could forget.

I realize I'm better than this. I know I have to work hard if I want to improve. Yes, I've been presented with many opportunities that others wish they could've had.

But I don't deserve what I've been given. I squandered what little talents I had. I wish I could do it all over but I can't.

When asked about my plans for the future I wish I had the courage to admit that I can't even imagine myself with one.

I was supposed to be the reliable one. The one who would accomplish something and be there for others. I can't even be there for myself. I'm such a failure.

What hurt the most wasn't being reminded of what could've been. It was the look of sorrow and disappointment in their eyes.

God, I feel so pathetic right now.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:16 AM   #7411
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That stinks.

My two cents (maybe more like one and a half)... Try not to let it eat at you for too long... Everyone has regrets. Most everyone looks back and thinks "I should have done this instead or taken this chance that I didn't (and where would I be if I had?)." (Though I can sympathize that it sucks like hell if/when you feel like a disappointment to someone that matters. Been there enough... Though I think I feel the most bad/guilty for kid me who had hoped for more.) Things are always clearer in hindsight, right? And maybe a person just wanted other things at the time or other options were more appealing/tempting or something understandably held them/us back. But maybe things a person skipped wouldn't have gotten them where they really wanted to be anyhow. Other opportunities will come sooner or later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I'm a little envious now. Sistress just doesn't sound anywhere as good, more like either something to do with fruit or a personal health issue.

Although to go off in left field on naming rooms, the Fiber One commercial and the women proclaiming her variant on a man cave as a "she shed"... Who came up with that terrible name? My sister was like, "you haven't heard of it?" Apparently it's already been a thing?

Psh. Lady Lair sounds more like it.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:25 AM   #7412
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Today I was reminded by the person I respect and admire the most in this world how much of an utter disappointment I am.

maybe not similar..but having a highschool friend call your life, 'sad' and then wonder why they got defriended.

I know my life is sad, and almost borderline worthless at this point. it's not going how I want, I can't seem to change it....and all I can do is wait for death (hopefully in my sleep) and try and enjoy what I can along the way.

I don't need it pointed out by someone who claims to be my friend. that's the type of 'support' I usually get in life. Probably why I turned out to be a Sarcastic son of a......IF there is someone up in the sky in charge of things, all I want is an answer to this simple question 'what was my purpose?' hopefully it's an answer I like.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:21 PM   #7413
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Genuinely insulted and pretty annoyed. Why would you take someone's locker at work that has their damn name on it?? And I'm pretty sure the lock that is currently on it is one that I've seen on a locker up at the top for quite a while, so wtf, why suddenly go and take mine?! I don't tend to leave my lock on it when I'm not there, but that shouldn't even matter if my damn name is on the front where it literally says "This locker belongs to..."

UGH. Rude.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:23 PM   #7414
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Man, I'm already grossed out enough by this experience, and I think others would too...
Spoiler:
I just waged war with the roaches in my kitchen...especially once I found their big hiding place. And then did some mopping afterwards...
Old 07-28-2017, 07:56 PM   #7415
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I have been fighting that war too. So far I'm not sure which side is winning. I have yet to find their HQ.....

Today's gear grind is hubby's BP/BS making him sick again. He went back to the ER again today during his regular dialysis treatment. Went to visit him for a while after work. Don't know how long they will keep him.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:01 PM   #7416
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So far, there haven't been any others, save for a big one later tonight that wasn't in the kitchen. They're probably coming through a crack you haven't been able to spot.

The little tiny ones that have been pests where the ones I dealt with in the cat area, and they seem to be staying clear, probably because of the dried Raid (which was watered down a little big because I swept and mopped right afterwards).
Old 07-29-2017, 03:14 PM   #7417
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Have pretty much about had it with unknown employees putting stuff out where it doesn't even belong. They SHOULD be sizing the clothing when they put it out and if they were even bothering they WOULD have noticed that half of it was frigging toddler stuff, not the little girls' sizes.

I get that it can be confusing because one brand we carry has matching stuff for both size groups, but come on! It's NOT that hard to note what size you are deal with. (Plus other issues - like not mixing brands, price points, etc on the same display.) And then it's frustrating for ME when I go in, I have a ton of merchandise I'm supposed to be working on getting out onto the floor, but then I have to waste so much time moving and rearranging so much crap that doesn't belong just so I have a place to put things! The place is a mess, partly because there are people who since last fall or so have been putting stuff out wherever they want; customers who drop crap any old place is enough as it is without employees being lazy about it too.

Pulled a whole bunch of misplaced toddler stuff out of the little girl's section today, threw it over a little cart thingy and left a note on it saying to please put it in the toddler section, not girls.

One or more people need to get the hint, and it's a shame that 99% of the time I'm there alone, as are these not-so-new-anymore people who remain clueless after FAR too long now, so I'm not ever there to help show them. And god forbid anyone do any training with them.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:51 PM   #7418
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Gear grind- insensitive pricks I have to deal with because- FAMILY. AKA the stepdud, who gave me a ride to the hospital (probably only because mom asked him to) and back to visit Mr Duckie, but spent the entire time acting like some put-upon martyr over it, and made comments implying that Mr D is a worthless bum just because he can no longer work due to his health issues. Basically griping that he worked his whole life and paid into medicare, as if to suggest that Mr D is only on it because he does not want to work. Never mind that he worked his butt off for nearly twenty years before having to quit and go on disability. F**K him!!

Old 07-30-2017, 02:38 PM   #7419
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, sounds like that guy needs to be punched in the face.

My grind is that we now have a nurse practitioner coming in tomorrow and we have no idea why she's coming or who ordered her to come. Just another thing we have to deal with.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:30 PM   #7420
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I was thinking more of using his nuts as a pinata..... But that's because I had to live with him for almost 18 years. Moi, vindictive??!! NOOOO, NE-VER!!!! (Ok maybe a little where he is concerned. But he deserves to have karma bite him in the @$$ very VERY hard.)