Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-21-2017, 04:38 PM   #181
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Totally radical dudes, Cowabunga!

Who would've known back that the Original Turtle Voice Actors debuting in 1987 would all reprise their roles together 30 years later.

We might not hear them do the turtles ever again, but its been an awesome 30 years. I will love the 80s cartoon forever and the legendary cast that brought it to life.
No complaints from me.

One of my favourite cartoon shows of all time. Everything came together perfectly and still highly watchable today. Happy Anniversary Fred Wolf TMNT!
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:33 PM   #182
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Airdates

When did the first episode air?

This claims 28 December 1987

https://web.archive.org/web/20030628...de/cart001.htm

IMDB claims 14 December 1987

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0767631/?ref_=ttep_ep1

It was even up here last Monday:

http://www.*************************...imated-series/

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 12-22-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:37 PM   #183
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post

It was even up here last Monday:

http://www.*************************...imated-series/
And according to Rob Paulsen in the tweet of the previous page, it was 15th December.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:40 PM   #184
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
And according to Rob Paulsen in the tweet of the previous page, it was 15th December.
But that was a Tuesday.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:14 AM   #185
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post

Wasn't the pilot season repeated a week after the first time it was shown?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 07:08 PM   #186
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Townsend Coleman shared this video message today in honor of the show's 30th anniversary. He seems like such a great guy.

https://www.facebook.com/townsendcol...5339166972824/

Rob Paulsen also posted this tweet. I'm so glad that I had the oppurtunity to meet him last year:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paulsen
TBT: TMNT premiered 12-28-1987. Here we have four stinky TMNT and one STUNNING April O’Neil, Renae Jacobs. Lifelong friends.❤️

https://twitter.com/yakkopinky/statu...93609460695040
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:15 PM   #187
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder how often they kept in contact in the late 90's or early 2000's though? It doesn't seem like they all got back together until recently, due to the crossovers in Nick.

I guess due to the lack of social media in the late 90's and 2000-2009 or so, I guess we'll never know.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:08 AM   #188
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wonder how often they kept in contact in the late 90's or early 2000's though? It doesn't seem like they all got back together until recently, due to the crossovers in Nick.

I guess due to the lack of social media in the late 90's and 2000-2009 or so, I guess we'll never know.
And I imagine they all had busy schedules and lived rather far from each other.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:42 PM   #189
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
The first time all of them were together after the series ended was back in 2012 for Rob's 'Talkin Toons' podcast to celebrate the show's 25th anniversary.
Old 12-29-2017, 03:56 PM   #190
Powder
So tired of this place

They filmed their segment for the Turtle Power doc in like 2009, yo. Cam hadda do his separately, but still.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 04:33 PM   #191
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
They filmed their segment for the Turtle Power doc in like 2009, yo. Cam hadda do his separately, but still.
Yes, James Avery passed away New Year's Eve, 2013 and he was a part of the reunion for Turtle Power Documentary. Even if Cam could not be there thst day he was. Jennifer Darling was not there was she?
Old 12-31-2017, 12:05 PM   #192
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Rob also shared this photo on Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paulsen
In honor of the 30th anniversay of TMNT on TV, here’s a great shot of the voice cast: Turtles, Splinter, April, Shredder, Krang, Irma and our voice director, Sue Blu. Thanks for watching, world. ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/robpaulsenlive/
Old 12-31-2017, 12:32 PM   #193
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's amazing how young they were all there, but then you realize it's from 1987, literally 30 years ago.

Why must we all grow old?
Old 01-09-2018, 08:10 PM   #194
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The episode Snakes Alive! really has meant a lot to me over the years. Leonardo conquering his greatest fear helped me to not be so scared of some movies that really freaked me out as a kid. I wrote to fan-mail to Cam Clarke to thank him for that lesson I learned from the show.

I also went through something very similar recently as well. Those Halos Oranges commercials that aired on TV really spooked me a few months ago and I fainted just like when Leonardo did when he first saw all of those snakes in the greenhouse. I had to be taken to the hospital to make sure I wasn't developing Epilepsy or something like that. When I watched the commercials again I remembered what Leonardo said, "Fears are just in our minds and we have the power to overcome them." I wasn't that sacred anymore.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:46 PM   #195
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
The episode Snakes Alive! really has meant a lot to me over the years. Leonardo conquering his greatest fear helped me to not be so scared of some movies that really freaked me out as a kid. I wrote to fan-mail to Cam Clarke to thank him for that lesson I learned from the show.

I also went through something very similar recently as well. Those Halos Oranges commercials that aired on TV really spooked me a few months ago and I fainted just like when Leonardo did when he first saw all of those snakes in the greenhouse. I had to be taken to the hospital to make sure I wasn't developing Epilepsy or something like that. When I watched the commercials again I remembered what Leonardo said, "Fears are just in our minds and we have the power to overcome them." I wasn't that sacred anymore.
Your post was the 193rd on the forums, the total number of episodes from the Original Cartoon

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:28 PM   #196
CyberCubed
Overlord

I did like most of the solo episodes that focused on each individual Turtle. Donatello's Duplicate, Leonardo Vs Tempestra, Raphael Knocks'Em Dead, What's Michaelangelo Good For? etc.

There were some bad eps, like "Michaelangelo Toys Around" but for the most part the solo Turtle-centric Turtle eps tended to be good.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:00 PM   #197
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I did like most of the solo episodes that focused on each individual Turtle. Donatello's Duplicate, Leonardo Vs Tempestra, Raphael Knocks'Em Dead, What's Michaelangelo Good For? etc.

There were some bad eps, like "Michaelangelo Toys Around" but for the most part the solo Turtle-centric Turtle eps tended to be good.
Michelangelo got 2 lousy episodes. The toy episode and his birthday one. The one where he shrinks and gets stuck with April and Vernon in the house of a guy who likes to shrink boats wasn't that great of an episode either. Come to think about it, Mike centric episodes were my least favourite Turtle-centric episodes in the FW series. What other Mike centric episodes were there btw? Pete the Pigeon? That one was decent. Does the pirate radio episode count as a Mike-centric ep? That one was OK too. And then there's the Mondo Gecko episode, which was the best of the lot... oh and there's the Bugman episode. I liked that one hahaha
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:51 PM   #198
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Also The Gang's All Here. That one and What's Michelangelo Good For, were my two faves of the Mike centric ones. But Michelangelo's Birthday was pretty good too, imo.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:44 PM   #199
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Michelangelo's birthday basically had a $5 animation budget but a hilarious script. Even if we ignored the main plot, the Shredder and Krang banter on the side is still enough to carry the episode. One of my top 10 favourites of the entire cartoon.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:45 PM   #200
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
But Michelangelo's Birthday was pretty good too, imo.
I really like that one, but that was one of three episodes that had a pretty lousy climax. The Sword To Nowhere had the alien pawn dealers come out of nowhere in a tense moment. Then the Cur-Lee maneuver being a Three Stooges stunt. Then finally Splinter using mothballs to deflate the three Turtles.