The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Custom Toys/Collectibles

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #41
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Those are all pretty awesome.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #42
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

The turtleneckers are an inspired custom, looks like great execution too but I can't enlarge any of your pictures unfortunately.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:42 AM   #43
MAXtDie
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectocooler View Post
The turtleneckers are an inspired custom, looks like great execution too but I can't enlarge any of your pictures unfortunately.
Hmm, that's strange! Can you tell me what happens, when you are trying to enlarge the pictures? I doubt, that it's due to russian hosting of the photos, but all is possible. Maybe I should use another image hosting website after all, or just upload it to The Technodrome.
MAXtDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #44
MAXtDie
Foot Soldier

Ou, I have not been here for quite a long time. I was prreparing my experriments! Bluah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!! But now everything is ready for the vivisection! Guess who it will be?! I will update you with the progress...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (88.6 KB, 58 views)
Old 05-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #45
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Hmm... Baxter? Although I'm not sure, seeing that there's a scorpion there.
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #46
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Bugman maybe?
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:19 AM   #47
MAXtDie
Foot Soldier

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
Hmm... Baxter? Although I'm not sure, seeing that there's a scorpion there.
Nope! Besides, there is a playmates Baxter figure, that I consider rather authentic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Bugman maybe?
And yes, VaughnMichael, this is a correct answer!!!

I hope to post some new photos soon...
Old 05-12-2010, 01:32 AM   #48
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

Wow! Awesome customs !! A great nice work!!!! I like specially the wrestling TMNT figures and the Triceraton!! Cool stuff!!!!
Old 05-12-2010, 01:48 AM   #49
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXtDie View Post
Nope! Besides, there is a playmates Baxter figure, that I consider rather authentic

And yes, VaughnMichael, this is a correct answer!!!

I hope to post some new photos soon...

wow bugman, almost forgot about him. Anyways all of your customs are pretty awesome. I also love your custom bios.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:33 AM   #50
Weapon X
Turtle Power!

Wow, I regret overlooking this thread. Your Tora figure looks like it came right off the pegs from 1990 and your repaints really show off the great little details Playmates put into their sculpts.
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:55 PM   #51
MAXtDie
Foot Soldier

Thanks everyone for the interest!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
Wow, I regret overlooking this thread. Your Tora figure looks like it came right off the pegs from 1990 and your repaints really show off the great little details Playmates put into their sculpts.
Please, feel free to watch for this thread, as I intend to post more of my works when it's done. I already made some new repaints, so I hope to list the most interesting of 'em soon. Besides Bugman is almost finished, so he will be posted here as well.
And now few more shots of Bugman as he is now...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bugman03.jpg (46.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Bugman04.jpg (42.0 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Bugman05.jpg (39.0 KB, 30 views)
Old 06-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #52
MAXtDie
Foot Soldier

Bugman

At last I have finished my work!
Here comes Bugman - a half man, half insect fighter who battles along with the Turtles for truth and justice. He was starring in TV episodes #93 and #112.

Height: Approximately 5' 8"
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Grey
Favourite reporter: April O’Neil

The story of Brick Bradley begins from his childhood – he was interested in insects of every sort. When he got to college he began to study effects of light spectrum on different species. But one day, during an unusual experiment, an accident took place. The intense light fused the insects DNA molecules with his own. Ever since, feeling intense anger, his body is undergoing an amazing transformation and he becomes Bugman - a half man, half insect fighter who battles for truth and justice! In transformed state he can leap like a grasshopper, gnaw like a termite, fly like a wasp and much more. Like an ant he is capable to lift 30-times more than his own weight... Perhaps, he only can't flutter like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Luckily for him, he is able to take his human form back.
The only thing, Bugman fears most, is Leestanite, which affects him as Kryptonite harms Superman. And after one day Michaelangelo rescued Brick Bradley from the Leestanite ties in the sewers, he became a friend of the Turtles. Since then, Bugman always willing to help the Turtles in their battles, besides he has an eye on April, who is always in the thick of things.

2010 Custom-made by MAXtDie

Last edited by MAXtDie; 10-15-2011 at 04:51 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #53
Wes
Mad Scientist

That Bugman turned out really well! Great job, MAXtDie.

* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?

Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #54
MAXtDie
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
That Bugman turned out really well! Great job, MAXtDie.
Thanks, Wes, I tried to do my best!

Also I decided to post two of my early custom figures. I hesitated to do it as I'm not very fond of them. Nevertheless, here they are: the 2 missing unproduced frogs Attila the Frog and Rasputin the Mad Frog. As Playmates made Napoleon Bonafrog absolutely different as much from Genghis Frog as from his animated prototype, so I'm, sticking to the style, did the same. Once again as the base for my conversion I used cheap Chinese turtle-like stuff, that was selling in Moscow in the middle of 90th. OMG, that figures were really suxx (no offence for the Chinese)!!!
I'd like to settle 2 things: First of all, I'm well aware of that is Genghis whose weapon is an axe, but as soon as the Playmates frogs don't match their weapons... besides there is a matching shield (Unfortunately, I have no shield for Attila ). I'm opened for suggestions, though, of how to combine original figure's weapons and one from the animation prototypes.
And secondly, as I'm a craftsman, not a writer (especially in English), I dared to borrow amazing funny-written biographies for our couple from Zobovor. Hope, he don't mind . I have slightly adapted this bios for my version of weapons.

at_acc.jpg IMG_58331.jpg

ATTILA THE FROG
The Turtles' Toad Ally Who's Toadally Righteous!

VITAL SWAMPTISTICS:
Birthplace: Surf Swamp of Okeefenokee, Florida
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 175 lbs. (without swamp water)
Favorite Song: "Who Let the Frogs Out?"
Favorite Celebrity: Kermit
Weapons: Blow Fish Mace, Mini-sickle, Pipe Grappling Hook, Turtle Flashlight, Frogman Utility Belt

Attila the Frog is the last mutant the Foot would fear to face in a dark alley or a darker swamp. Like his other punk frog compatriots, this wart-covered warrior has renounced his allegiance with the sinister Shredder and has sworn to fight on the side of all that is good and green. Armed with his Blow Fish Mace, Attila is hopping mad to give the Foot Clan the licking they deserve. Attila is never without his Turtle Flashlight using it for anything from light the way through a dark swamp to knock the Foot off their feet. His Frogman Utility Belt comes in handy...now all he needs is a Frogmobile to park in the Frogcave! When he's not helping out those hard-shelled heroes, Attila can be found strumming a banjo while sitting on a log...no, wait, that's some other frog.

2009 Custom-made by MAXtDie

RASPUTIN THE MAD FROG
The Flippered Foot Fightin' Frog!

VITAL RIBBITISTICS:
Birthplace: Surf Swamp of Okeefenokee, Florida
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 175 lbs. (without his bangles and armlets)
Favorite Book: Frog and Toad Together Again
Favorite Song: I'm Going Slightly Mad
Favorite Quote: "Don't make me mad...you wouldn't like me when I'm mad!"
Weapons: Mighty Swamp Axe, Feathered Shield

Rasputin the Mad Frog is one of the punk frogs. He is named after one of Shredder's “heroes” - Rasputin the Mad Monk. He was created in the same manner as his three brothers, Attila the Frog, Genghis Frog & Napoleon Bonafrog, when Mutagen sent by Krang landed near four frogs in a Florida swamp. Despite his name, Rasputin the Mad Frog is the kindest, gentlest mutant frog you'll ever meet. The only thing that really makes him hopping mad is the fact that Shredder tried to trick him and his web-footed brothers into fighting for the Foot, but Rasputin has turned over a new lilypad leaf and is ready to help the Turtles beat the bad guys with his own two flippers!
Rasputin's Feathered Shield enables this good, green guy a chance to protect himself from danger...warts and all. He uses his Mighty Swamp Axe not only to slap some sense into Shredder and his moronic mutants, but to catch a bite to eat at the end of a daring day.

2009 Custom-made by MAXtDie
Old 06-17-2010, 02:55 PM   #55
Powder
So tired of this place

Bugman looks awsome! The punk frogs are very creative too but Bugman looks like he came right out of the box!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:23 AM   #56
MAXtDie
Foot Soldier

Hello everyone!!!
Long time no see... Mega hot and smoky summer have past. It's already snowin' outside. And at last I managed to find some time for my favorite hobby. So, glad to introduce you my latest (but not last) works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
...Bugman looks like he came right out of the box!
Powder, THANKS and sorry for not responding in time. This is the best compliment I can get!

Now, back to the customs:

Jim Lee Leonardo
For now on I consider this figure as my greatest custom! And I'm very proud of it

Totally Turtle Gear: Two Cyber Catanas, Totally Techno Turtle Communicator, Steel Winged Armor, Mega Protective Bracers

Last edited by MAXtDie; 12-02-2010 at 04:03 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:52 AM   #57
MAXtDie
Foot Soldier

...And the other one are...
WINGNUT & Screwloose (Archie style)

In the 90th I had a common Wingnut figure with no wings. But still it was a very htf item in Russia. Even then I made him wings like I saw in a comic book because it was nearly impossible for me to make it as it looks in the cartoon...
When I received a complete WINGNUT & Screwloose set, I had a hesitation about what to do with my old figure as it was somehow precious for me. I put it in a box and put off the final decision as well. And not long ago a day had come for me to make something Archie Besides I came across a tiny figure that amazingly looks like comic-book Screwloose. So I took my scalpel and clay and set to work. Here above is the result!
Old 12-02-2010, 06:15 AM   #58
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

The bugman figure rocks!
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #59
Eiko
Aussie and Proud

Wow pretty good customs you got there.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #60
TheCanadiandrome