funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Ross just posted these for the fan comic:

http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d5fd1p4

http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d5fd289

These are so awesome!
Very cool! Artemisia is so tall! (Tho maybe that's true of turtles as a species that females are bigger?) and the evil mutants are huge - way more menacing in stature, well, save for Shredder, who appears to be, ermm, shredded.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #83
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Very cool! Artemisia is so tall! (Tho maybe that's true of turtles as a species that females are bigger?) and the evil mutants are huge - way more menacing in stature, well, save for Shredder, who appears to be, ermm, shredded.
The female Red Eared Slider is bigger then the male, my own females are almost twice the size of my male pet turtle
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #84
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

I want a poster of Tokka and Rahzar. Love the designs. Today was like christmas thanks for the pictures.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #85
nelodiavolo
Thug

Looks great! thanks for the links TurtleTitan. Some huge bad guys in there.
nelodiavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #86
Powder
So tired of this place

I love how deliciously 80's the humans are. Awesome stuff.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #87
Lampy
Stone Warrior

wow... that is an awesome rendition of rahzar! i'm wondering who skess and oroku tomi are though. and i like that saki is in a wheelchair. i always wondered... even as a kid... how'd he survive that fall and still come out walking? crazy stuff Ross! your art is sick!

Last edited by Lampy; 09-19-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #88
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Ross just posted these for the fan comic:

http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d5fd1p4

http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d5fd289

These are so awesome!
Pretty awesome! Good job Ross!
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #89
okguy456
Random Punk

I cannot wait for this! The characters look awesome!
okguy456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #90
n-zero
Foot Soldier

Those look great. The evil mutants look really cool and dangerous. I like the touch of putting Shredder's shin armor on Skess.

Shredder looks more like a guy who survived being crushed in a dump truck. It could also make the impact of the "Super Shredder" moment much stronger.

There are a few questions, though.

Is Tatsu still in the story, or is Oroku Tomi his replacement?

Is April still a reporter? Her wardrobe suggests otherwise, or that she simply has a different casual attire than her professional attire. In the original movie, we only saw her at work or just home, so this may just be a hint at more screen time for April.

Can't wait to see Dr. Perry, and get a chance to read this comic!
n-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #91
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

I hope somebody somewhere takes notice of this and collects it once you are done. I'd love to have a printed copy of this story with your art.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #92
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Ross Campbell, are you a god?

[Better answer "yes!"]

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #93
Lampy
Stone Warrior

took a second look at the foot pic. SHREDDER IS MESSED UP BAD! two legs amputated. both hands... gone. pretty gritty stuff man... despite the bright colors. also... is that a poncho (on don)?!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:12 AM   #94
n-zero
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampy View Post
took a second look at the foot pic. SHREDDER IS MESSED UP BAD! two legs amputated. both hands... gone. pretty gritty stuff man... despite the bright colors. also... is that a poncho (on don)?!
You can almost imagine him wanting to use the mutagen to restore what the turtles took away from him ...
Old 09-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #95
Lampy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-zero View Post
You can almost imagine him wanting to use the mutagen to restore what the turtles took away from him ...
yup.... and i think this would help make sense of the super shredder scene. and his vengeance on the Turtles and Splinter will be more personal. honor be damned!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:22 AM   #96
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

Like I said earlier I'm really digging the whole changes you've made. I'd so love to have a printer where I could make a wall graphic/poster of those two lineups. I'm super curious about the bat mutant and what role he plays in this though.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #97
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

thanks so much, you guys!!! i'm honored by all the positive response and interest in this stuff. it still blows me away that anyone even cares about my little fan thing.

some answers:
Skess is a third mutant Shredder creates along with Tokka and Rahzar, a female bat. why not make up some new characters, right??

Oroku Tomi is Shredder's daughter and she replaces Tatsu who was killed by Casey's golf club to the head in my version of the first movie continuity. i like Tatsu a lot but i thought Shredder having a daughter would humanize him a bit and make for some fresher dynamics, and Tatsu being dead also plays better to the Foot being utterly decimated by the Turtles and Casey, like there's hardly anyone left and Shredder is alone, his derelict punk kid Foot ninja scattered and his pal Tatsu dead.

i almost used Karai instead of Tomi, but she's always been a developed, central, leader-like character, and Tomi's role is more a subordinate goon type and i didn't want to downgrade Karai and create some in-name-only character whose only thing in common is the name 'Karai' and not much else. so i figured why not make up someone new who has no previous version to live up to and risk not doing Karai justice?

April is still a reporter, yep! she's a bit younger in my version than the movie April (i believe Judith Hoag was 21 in the first movie), she's about 18-19, more teenagery, but this is her in casual wear or whatever, she'll still get cleaned up when reporting. i really want to develop April as a character and nail down what her personality is, she's usually pretty undefined in most TMNT versions, so there'll be more screen/pagetime for her and some more background on her.

i almost drew Dr. Perry into the line-up but i didn't feel like drawing an unassuming regular guy in a labcoat who would probably look exactly like he does in the movie, heh. Perry's a Utrom but i haven't nailed down the design for him and his exoskeleton yet so i left him off the line-up. i could've waited on posting these until i got Perry done but i thought i'd leave him as a surprise.

thank you again, everyone!! i truly appreciate the interest and everything, it's really encouraging.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #98
thelouisguy
Hench Mutant

Great work!

Any idea on a timeline? I know there probably isn't one, but the anticipation is crazy?!
thelouisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #99
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior

Love the designs on Tokka and Rahzar, looking sweet.

April kind of scares me a little bit, super 80's but overall the character looks good.

My favorite bit though is that your two female mutants Skess and Artemisia don't appear overtly female, cheers and kudos to not giving them human mammorial traits
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #100
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Campbell View Post
thanks so much, you guys!!! i'm honored by all the positive response and interest in this stuff. it still blows me away that anyone even cares about my little fan thing.

some answers:
Skess is a third mutant Shredder creates along with Tokka and Rahzar, a female bat. why not make up some new characters, right??

Oroku Tomi is Shredder's daughter and she replaces Tatsu who was killed by Casey's golf club to the head in my version of the first movie continuity. i like Tatsu a lot but i thought Shredder having a daughter would humanize him a bit and make for some fresher dynamics, and Tatsu being dead also plays better to the Foot being utterly decimated by the Turtles and Casey, like there's hardly anyone left and Shredder is alone, his derelict punk kid Foot ninja scattered and his pal Tatsu dead.

i almost used Karai instead of Tomi, but she's always been a developed, central, leader-like character, and Tomi's role is more a subordinate goon type and i didn't want to downgrade Karai and create some in-name-only character whose only thing in common is the name 'Karai' and not much else. so i figured why not make up someone new who has no previous version to live up to and risk not doing Karai justice?

April is still a reporter, yep! she's a bit younger in my version than the movie April (i believe Judith Hoag was 21 in the first movie), she's about 18-19, more teenagery, but this is her in casual wear or whatever, she'll still get cleaned up when reporting. i really want to develop April as a character and nail down what her personality is, she's usually pretty undefined in most TMNT versions, so there'll be more screen/pagetime for her and some more background on her.

i almost drew Dr. Perry into the line-up but i didn't feel like drawing an unassuming regular guy in a labcoat who would probably look exactly like he does in the movie, heh. Perry's a Utrom but i haven't nailed down the design for him and his exoskeleton yet so i left him off the line-up. i could've waited on posting these until i got Perry done but i thought i'd leave him as a surprise.

thank you again, everyone!! i truly appreciate the interest and everything, it's really encouraging.
Thanks for telling us this, Ross.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan comic, fan project