The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 09-15-2018, 05:41 PM   #10281
The Deadman
Foot Elite

There are fan theories going around that Toadette is actually Princess Peach without the crown
https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/09...with-peachette

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:45 PM   #10282
Ninjinister
無問題

Switch collection is growing. I hope you can at least read these... nervous system problem has been pretty bad this week.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:20 PM   #10283
raph27
Mad Scientist

Reggie is retiring in April. Doug Bowser will be the new president of NoA.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...re-Doug-Bowser

This news came out of nowhere for me. It seemed like Reggie would always be around. I know there are some mixed views of him around the internet, but I'll miss his little sketches for sure.

Thoughts?
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:32 PM   #10284
snake
Disgusting

This guy's name is literally Bowser.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:26 PM   #10285
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
I know there are some mixed views of him around the internet
Well there are mixed views of everyone around the internet at this point
I will miss him.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:06 PM   #10286
Leo656
The Franchise

Seemed like a genuine guy and not a corporate shill. 15 years or so says it all. Guy's earned a break.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:49 PM   #10287
sdp
-

President of a multinational company isn't a shill
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 11:07 PM   #10288
Leo656
The Franchise

Less of one, within reason, I guess.

Some people are openly just doing a job and some people genuinely believe in what they do. He seemed like one of the latter.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:38 PM   #10289
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I hope his body is ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:31 AM   #10290
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Less of one, within reason, I guess.

Some people are openly just doing a job and some people genuinely believe in what they do. He seemed like one of the latter.
A friend of mine once told me he was sitting at an audience at E3 a couple of years ago, and he turned around to see Reggie, just sitting at the audience at a presentation (he says he forgets which one), playing 3DS while waiting for the show to begin.

That is forever etched in my mind of a representation of what you said, even more so than embracing the memes or how he spoke about the product.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:45 PM   #10291
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
A friend of mine once told me he was sitting at an audience at E3 a couple of years ago, and he turned around to see Reggie, just sitting at the audience at a presentation (he says he forgets which one), playing 3DS while waiting for the show to begin.

That is forever etched in my mind of a representation of what you said, even more so than embracing the memes or how he spoke about the product.
Yeah, Reggie always seemed like a genuine guy to me. I feel that, if I ever met him, we could just talk about games all day long as if he was just another fan.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:37 PM   #10292
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

First off Ninjinister that's an impressive do you really have time to play all those games ? also hope you feel better

But anyway did anyone else see the Pokemon Sword and Shield trailers ?????
Really excited for the new game. I am happy to hear they are abandoning and moving away from sun and moon style trials and they are going back to the traditional gym battles.

As excited as I am about the game I was hoping for a little more. Specifically for the graphics to be a bit better. I also wish they would eventually allow us to go back to previous regions from past generations. I feel like the switch would be perfect for this.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:11 PM   #10293
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
First off Ninjinister that's an impressive do you really have time to play all those games ? also hope you feel better

But anyway did anyone else see the Pokemon Sword and Shield trailers ?????
Really excited for the new game. I am happy to hear they are abandoning and moving away from sun and moon style trials and they are going back to the traditional gym battles.

As excited as I am about the game I was hoping for a little more. Specifically for the graphics to be a bit better. I also wish they would eventually allow us to go back to previous regions from past generations. I feel like the switch would be perfect for this.
Very excited! I did notice the framerate issuse some were having (which I initially thought was just internet traffic, lol). The only thing I'm sad about is that they're bringing back random encounters which was an aspect I was glad to see dropped in Let's Go.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:45 PM   #10294
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Very excited! I did notice the framerate issuse some were having (which I initially thought was just internet traffic, lol). The only thing I'm sad about is that they're bringing back random encounters which was an aspect I was glad to see dropped in Let's Go.
FROM WHAT I HEAR/Read online (Take that with a grain of salt). The frame rate issue were worse due to being streamed.

The random encounters is an annoyance, I am actually glad random encounters is still in game. I just wish they would turn down the RNG or chance of encounter to make it less annoying.

My switch is going to get a serious work out thanks to this game

I would some day like to see them do a Pokemon XD type game in the future. I also would like them to do a storyline or game with the main character being a pokemon ranger. But I doubt if that will ever happen.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 12:59 AM   #10295
sdp
-

I was very critical of the Switch mostly because I was incredibly burned over being ignored for supporting Nintendo on the Wii U but I did end up getting the switch a few months after it came out and loved it. I was looking to see some of the criticisms I had for it and i'm surprised most of them hold up and nintendo just didn't give a ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I want to get a Nintendo Switch I really do but I can't justify the purchase with all the blunders Nintendo has done with the Switch and this is without mentioning that I already got burned with getting the Wii U when it launched.

-$300, expensive but acceptable until you realized Nintendo cut corners everywhere (no charging grip, 32gbs)
It's still selling for $300, crazy, it wasn't like it was cutting edge tech and they could've sweeten the deal with more storage or a charging grip. I still feel the Switch doesn't feel as "premium" as other Nintendo systems.
Quote:
-no youtube/netflix/apps in general
well youtube eventually made it but no other streaming service apps and from what we know it's because Nintendo doesn't want to pay to have them there so they're like screw it. No internet browser because they are afraid of getting hacked despite that I can literally hack my switch with a paperclip.
a shame, yeah I have plenty of devices that can do streaming apps, but it'd be better if I could take 1 device with me that can do it all you know.

Quote:
-paid online and it being a mess when compared to Sony/Microsoft
BS, I stopped playing online after their free online finished, I only sign up for those free 7 day trials they offer from time to time and it works since I don't game much. I know it's cheap but I don't feel it's worth it, especially not for someone like me who doesn't game a lot.
Quote:
-no miiverse/mii's
I think i was the only one who cared about this but after miitopia many people are remembering why mii's are fun. Miiverse was also a great loss, it was cool to have what were basically "forums" of every game released with other people who were using that forum to talk about the same game you were playing, it's not the same to share on twitter.

Quote:
-a bad portable and a bad console instead of being the best of both worlds
A bit harsh but I still feel like it's not the best handheld when it comes to features and it also doesn't have as many features as the Wii U or much better graphics either so it's kind of true. It's still awesome to be able to "switch" and that does make up for it.

Quote:
-lackluster announcements and presentations that show Nintendo hasn't learned
As bad as Wii U was I do feel they had more exciting Nintendo Directs than what the Switch has had.

Quote:
-VC not even announced and counting their track record the best we can hope for is trickle releases and paying a "discount" again
People called me crazy and ignored my warnings, but VC did die as I predicted, I knew Nintendo's silence regarding the topic meant bad news. NES/SNES online for free is sort of cool but they're super slow on the releases and don't include any other consoles. I'm not even asking for Gamecube games, but come on GB/GBC/N64/GBA hell even DS should all be there by now.

I think I can even add a new one, does it even have enough original games? I love the switch because of all the games that it has that I can play on my tv or as a portable but the amazing library is just ports, it barely has any original games just for it.
Quote:
-controller not having analog triggers
-pro controller being super expensive (does it have haptic rumble? If it does I'm ok with the price)
analog triggers are missed, but the biggest problem is the damn joycon drift which is inevitable and there's no way to fix it forever, you would just need to continue to send them to nintendo to repair.
Pro controller failed by having a bad D-pad, one of the main selling points.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:15 PM   #10296
The Deadman
Foot Elite

This is the game I never thought I needed
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ltiplayer_game

Old 08-31-2021, 07:41 PM   #10297
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Rumour: Nintendo Will Expand Its Switch Online Service With Game Boy And Game Boy Color Titles
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...y_color_titles