The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-17-2018, 02:16 PM   #241
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Jesus christ... even the letters on the belts? It might as well have Bebop and Rocksteady on the cover.
Quote:
It's super insulting. Does this mean we can start getting alternate covers for IDW TMNT comics with all-red bandannas, if fair is fair?
Such a drama queen
Old 04-17-2018, 02:19 PM   #242
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
It's super insulting. Does this mean we can start getting alternate covers for IDW TMNT comics with all-red bandannas, if fair is fair?
There's no reason for anyone to feel insulted. It's a revival of a niche series, with the original cover available, along with another variant by the original artist, a new cover from Kevin Eastman, and, yeah there's a variant with a radically different version of the TMNT on it, that you can buy exclusively from an online shop.

It just seems extremely minor, considering what an unlikely treat this is.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:51 PM   #243
CyberCubed
Overlord

Because Andrew said this, I hope we get an alternate cover in the future where the Turtles have all colored bandanas, initials on their belts, Mikey is holding a slice of pizza in his hand while shouting Cowabunga, the Turtle Van and Turtle Blimp flying in the background, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady fighting the Turtles, along with the Technodrome rising from the ground...all in the same cover for the Image series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:17 PM   #244
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Because Andrew said this, I hope we get an alternate cover in the future where the Turtles have all colored bandanas, initials on their belts, Mikey is holding a slice of pizza in his hand while shouting Cowabunga, the Turtle Van and Turtle Blimp flying in the background, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady fighting the Turtles, along with the Technodrome rising from the ground...all in the same cover for the Image series.
Actually, y'know what would make some damned cool variant covers?

The Fred Wolf Turtles with the Image modifications (e.g. hockey mask, cyborg, one hand)... the 4Kids Turtles with the same Image modifications... and the Nick Turtles with the same Image modifications...

I'd also kill to see Cory Smith, Dave Wachter, Mateus Santolouco, and Damian Couceiro do takes of the Image TMNT...
Old 04-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #245
AquaParade
Banned

[QUOTE=CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy;1756093]Actually, y'know what would make some damned cool variant covers?

The Fred Wolf Turtles with the Image modifications (e.g. hockey mask, cyborg, one hand)... the 4Kids Turtles with the same Image modifications... and the Nick Turtles with the same Image modifications...

QUOTE]

Now that is a fun idea.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:52 AM   #246
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Volume 3 looks to be taking to coloring a lot better than Volume 1 or Tales; probably the lack of duo-tones, but I always kinda felt like Volume 3 looked like it
I concur. While I thought that the sharp contrast of black and white had a certain appeal for the Image Comics, they rarely gave me a sense of completeness or even artistic intent in the same way that the early Mirage duo-tones did. At times, the rigid contrast could made it hard for my eyes to read the page and follow the logic of a layout.

For the most part, the early Mirage issues always look worse when colorized, but I expect the opposite should be true of Image. I don't know if Guzowski is the guy to make it happen, but if he botches it, he'll have no excuse.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:05 AM   #247
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

Is the short story from the 30th Anniversary book intended to be reprinted along the road? In issue #23 or #24 maybe.
Nortock Diab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:01 AM   #248
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortock Diab View Post
Is the short story from the 30th Anniversary book intended to be reprinted along the road? In issue #23 or #24 maybe.
Well for now these are just single issues reprinted, when they do the Image trades I imagine they'll throw the new 30th anniversary short story in there somewhere. I forgot where it took place though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:08 AM   #249
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

It would be at the end of Volume 3 and before the unofficial conclusion .
Old 04-19-2018, 01:57 AM   #250
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

Which leads to Frank Fosco's TMNT vs. Spawn short!
It would be super neat to have it published officially and in colour.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:30 AM   #251
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortock Diab View Post
Which leads to Frank Fosco's TMNT vs. Spawn short!
It would be super neat to have it published officially and in colour.
Though it wasn't published officially, I did color it for Frank and it has been floating around on the net.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:42 AM   #252
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

Thanks.
I know (and enjoy) this version.
I would just love to see it printed (B&W version was already printed, though not officially).
Old 04-19-2018, 07:09 AM   #253
mrmaczaps
Banned

Its really too bad IDW didn't go with printing a black & white true reprint along with the color version.... I would like the final 3 issues to be black & white to go with the entire rest of the series.... that would be a variant worth paying for...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:21 AM   #254
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Its really too bad IDW didn't go with printing a black & white true reprint along with the color version.... I would like the final 3 issues to be black & white to go with the entire rest of the series.... that would be a variant worth paying for...
I fully agree!

Frank Fosco answered on Facebook regarding the Spawn story:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Fosco
No way Spawn is going to happen--too many legal hoops to jump through and don't think Todd McFarlane would be on board with that. As for the 30th annivesary short--I could see that making it in the collected volumes.
Too bad...
Old 04-19-2018, 07:49 AM   #255
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Though it wasn't published officially, I did color it for Frank and it has been floating around on the net.
Whereas I view Guzowski's competence for this task as "cautiously optimistic," I'd have full confidence in Sabacooza to knock this out of the park.

View my sketch work!
Old 04-19-2018, 08:23 AM   #256
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Whereas I view Guzowski's competence for this task as "cautiously optimistic," I'd have full confidence in Sabacooza to knock this out of the park.
Thanks. I have seen the stuff Guzowski has been putting out and it does look nice even though I haven't exactly looked at it in great detail.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:10 PM   #257
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
It's characters like those that I'm concerned regarding the coloring; anyone can color the four Turtles and Splinter. Those colors are known; safe...
It'll be interesting as it's the first time these have been coloured. Not much reference to go on so the results will be interesting either way.

Quote:
I'm halfway worried we're going to see rainbow bandannas on the other Turtles on the insides of these. I'd lose my sh** if I saw that.
Why would you worry they'd have multi-coloured bandanas when Mirage's first three volumes at least didn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
That small glimpse is really pleasing to my eye. More so than I expected based on previous colorization's by IDW.
It looks so plain next to First Comics version don't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I would actually pay money for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
For the most part, the early Mirage issues always look worse when colorized, but I expect the opposite should be true of Image.
As I harp on about all the time First Comics colouring of Volume 1 was flawed but did a better job than IDW.

Quote:
Jesus christ... even the letters on the belts? It might as well have Bebop and Rocksteady on the cover.
Not very 2018 are you Andrew:

pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:20 PM   #258
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Why would you worry they'd have multi-coloured bandanas when Mirage's first three volumes at least didn't?
Because it technically isn't a Mirage volume.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:40 PM   #259
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I'll confess I'm looking forward to seeing the colors on Raphael's managed face in the early issues.

View my sketch work!
Old 04-25-2018, 10:23 AM   #260
BartAllen
Banned

... I like the variant cover.

I've actually been reading through my old issues of the Image comic in anticipation for these new releases. I can't wait for this new stuff.
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cferreira, cyborg donatello, image, image tmnt, shredder raphael, urban legends