The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-17-2018, 09:20 PM   #1
Gin Rummy
Stone Warrior

How long do you think ROTTMNT will last?

With the new show coming out later this year I have noticed a growing sentiment of unease among the more "hardcore" members of the community. Tons of people are mad about some of the design choices for the new show, some are mad about various changes the new show will make to the characters.

My question to the forum is, how long do you think ROTTMNT will last?

My bet is that the show will be lucky to make it past Season 2. The show just screams that Nick is cashing out their chips on the TMNT brand. Ringing out the last pennies they can squeeze from advertisers and fans alike. If Nick was truly behind ROTTMNT they would have sat on it for 3-4 years at least. 2012 TMNT's ratings were tanking towards the end of it's run. Shows like these have proven to be cyclical.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:21 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

3 seasons at the very least but I think a 5 season run like the Nick show is perfectly possible.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 09:29 PM   #3
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I think it has everything set against it, I"m guessing a season or two if they really want to give it a chance and if we're very lucky 3. No way it lasts as long as 2012.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 09:34 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Likewise, 3 comes to mind. The first two to do what they want, a third to try to improve on it and increase ratings, and if that doesn't work, well...

Unless
it sucks but somehow does spectacularly, leaving us with zero hope for humanity. And Turtlekind.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 09:35 PM   #5
Gin Rummy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
3 seasons at the very least but I think a 5 season run like the Nick show is perfectly possible.
I could see a third season if production isn't crazy expensive and the toys sell well enough, but 5 seasons seems a tad far fetched to me..

The problem this show is going to run into is that the audience Turtles had from 2012 isn't coming back. Not due to the changes this show makes, but due to the fact that they have aged out of the property. This more "kid friendly" version is not going to attract teenagers, and TMNT won't be cool to the little brother who emulates the elder.

That is the importance of sitting on shows like this. Time has a way of rejuvenating old properties.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:37 PM   #6
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

No more than four seasons.

I don't see this doing as well as the previous show. 2 seasons guaranteed, increasing decline season 3, limping season 4.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:38 PM   #7
victory_angel
Foot Elite

A lot of what’s being offered is not was is the norm for the franchise such as Leo being the second youngest instead of the oldest, Raph being the leader now instead of Leo. Or because magic will be more of a thing in the series now then previous incarnations. And people are quick to say it will suck because of they don’t like or trust those changes.

There have been things that haven’t worked in the past, and there have been somethings that have been dead out of the gate. But before completely disregarding it or saying it sucks let it play out first. It still might not turn out to be your idea of the Turtles or even your version, but it might have some things that are actually interesting. Or even concepts that you might not mind seeing in a future incarnation. After all we are not the people this show is being made for, we’ve had our time on the Turtle Train and we’ve grown up. A new generation of TMNT fans are being introduced to this series and they will take it as they will. There will be some who like it, some who don’t, some who are indifferent, and a number who would feel the previous versions were better.

Then maybe five to twenty years down the road there will be a new version of the series will be introduced and that will be recieved in its own way. What really matters is what has TMNT meant to us? And then ask ourselves, how can I make a version of TMNT as I see it?
Old 02-17-2018, 09:46 PM   #8
Gin Rummy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
A lot of what’s being offered is not was is the norm for the franchise such as Leo being the second youngest instead of the oldest, Raph being the leader now instead of Leo. Or because magic will be more of a thing in the series now then previous incarnations. And people are quick to say it will suck because of they don’t like or trust those changes.

There have been things that haven’t worked in the past, and there have been somethings that have been dead out of the gate. But before completely disregarding it or saying it sucks let it play out first. It still might not turn out to be your idea of the Turtles or even your version, but it might have some things that are actually interesting. Or even concepts that you might not mind seeing in a future incarnation. After all we are not the people this show is being made for, we’ve had our time on the Turtle Train and we’ve grown up. A new generation of TMNT fans are being introduced to this series and they will take it as they will. There will be some who like it, some who don’t, some who are indifferent, and a number who would feel the previous versions were better.

Then maybe five to twenty years down the road there will be a new version of the series will be introduced and that will be recieved in its own way.
I make a point not to question the quality of a show until I have seen it. I am merely questioning Nick's decision to release a show so soon after the last one had finished it's run.
It was no secret that TMNT 2012's ratings had mostly fallen off a cliff after the third season.
ROTTMNT could be a great show, But the deck is seemingly stacked against it being a success.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:22 PM   #9
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

My prediction is that we will be getting another show in 2023.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:52 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

5 seasons. It's pretty likely Nick intends to give every new series a 5 year run. I don't think it will bomb, people fail to realize literally millions of kids are born every year and the kids watching this show will never have seen the 2012 series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:53 AM   #11
newfan
Mad Scientist

Will Nick be airing this properly?
It stands a chance of lasting, kids will take it it, the toys look ok too.
I'd say 3-5 maybe.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:27 AM   #12
Vicky82
Emperor

If it's bad and the toys don't sell well, I think 2 seasons.

If it's really good show then I think 5 seasons.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:11 AM   #13
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

It will probably go 5 seasons like the 2012 series if they can maintain its viewership. Teen Titans Go debuted since 2013 and its currently in its 4th Season.

There are a lot of fans out there that are on the fence on this one. They aren't sure about it due to it being aimed at a much younger audience. You can look at the same with Teen Titans Go. And that series is still going strong. So much so that they are turning that into a movie.

Let's all hope for the best and this new series turns out better then we expect it.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:30 AM   #14
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

5 seasons, I don't think whiny fanboys are gonna make anything happen with the show. Should it not go well with kids, 4 seasons.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:47 AM   #15
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Everything from 1-3. In worst cases, this is the "Next Mutation of the late-2010's". But it's too early to say yet.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:11 AM   #16
neatoman
Emperor

One if it tanks in the ratings and/or toy sales. More toy sales than ratings.
Two if does moderately well in one.
Three if does moderately well in both toy sales and ratings.
Four-Five if it somewhat exceeds expectations in toy sales.
More if it's an actual success in both ratings and toy sales.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:32 AM   #17
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
5 seasons. It's pretty likely Nick intends to give every new series a 5 year run. I don't think it will bomb, people fail to realize literally millions of kids are born every year and the kids watching this show will never have seen the 2012 series.
Shows that deviate too much or try new things don't usually succeed, take a look at Transformers G2, New Adventures of He-Man, The Next Mutation, New Adventures of Speed Racer, Voltron The Third Dimension, these all came out to a new audience of kids who didn't accept those franchises.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:32 AM   #18
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Transformers G2
Isn't that just the first Transformers cartoon with some overly elaborate transitions edited in?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:08 PM   #19
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
New Adventures of He-Man
Competing with the TMNT during the Turtlemania peak years probably wasn't easy for that series.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:50 PM   #20
newfan
Mad Scientist

Also, wouldn't it be much cheaper to make if the eps are half the time (if that is true)
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote