The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2017, 08:22 PM   #1
Papenbrook
Mad Scientist
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: My Husbando's Apartment
Posts: 1,023
Why are people disappointed with the series finale?

Ever since the arc aired on Nicktoons, I've seen some people voice their complaints about it.

So, why do some folks hate the finale?
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:20 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 8,505
I'm sure that can probably be figured out in the discussion thread for that arc.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-03-2017 at 08:48 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:57 PM   #3
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 24,828
There are more than enough places where people have said their piece. This is just gonna lead to more whining/arguments/etc.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:15 PM   #4
Papenbrook
Mad Scientist
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: My Husbando's Apartment
Posts: 1,023
You're right. This was a bad idea.

Can you lock the thread, Machias?
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:18 PM   #5
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade
 
Shiro Kame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,331
Well, since the world is essentially a hellhole now, it makes all the turtles' attempts to save it over and over pointless and a slap in the face.
__________________
Spoiler:

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:23 PM   #6
Papenbrook
Mad Scientist
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: My Husbando's Apartment
Posts: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
Well, since the world is essentially a hellhole now, it makes all the turtles' attempts to save it over and over pointless and a slap in the face.
That, and also...

Spoiler:
Why was Casey's skull used as a bomb?! That just makes his role pointless.

It's almost as bad as Splinter dying when he was reaching for the milk.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:39 PM   #7
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 887
I am holding off final judgment on it until I see the rest of the season's episodes and can judge whether the story of how they got there was to my satisfaction.

As it stands now, I don't hate the episodes at all--I just don't think they feel like a finale, and they don't feel like Ninja Turtles. Instead, they feel like just another instance of a part of this series I haven't been too crazy about from the get-go; its willingness to drag the narrative into homages to various popular movies. At least Road Warrior isn't yet another horror film, and those episodes didn't feature the sorts of villains who seem like they should be fighting Panty and Stocking instead, but ultimately the most praise I can give the "finale" is it's something quite unique for cartoons, and it had many great scenes--but nothing about it necessitated its characters being turtles, or honey badgers, or meerkats, or iguanas; nor do I remember it taking advantage of any of that. They even put almost all of the Turtles through transformations so they didn't fight their signature way anymore.

I'd have far rather this show focused in on a more limited amount of characters and settings. There's a lot of stuff that was introduced that they just abandoned long-term, and I lay this abandonment at the feet of shoehorning in the sorts of plots that allowed them to throw in more villains of the week and dress the turtles up some how, so they could sell more toys. That might even have been an acceptable direction for me, except the Playmates toyline got worse and worse.
__________________
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:49 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konchadunga View Post
I'd have far rather this show focused in on a more limited amount of characters and settings. There's a lot of stuff that was introduced that they just abandoned long-term, and I lay this abandonment at the feet of shoehorning in the sorts of plots that allowed them to throw in more villains of the week and dress the turtles up some how, so they could sell more toys. That might even have been an acceptable direction for me, except the Playmates toyline got worse and worse.
What did they abandon? I don't know why people keep saying this. The only thing the writers purposely let go was de-mutating Mutagen Man, but they made references to him constantly and showed his container in the last episode at the bottom of the sludge pit. Obviously the writers felt Timmy should remain a tragic character because as a human he was stupid enough to want to become a mutant and made his own fate.

I'm in the process of rewatching the show right now and am in mid-Season 2 now, and even everything with April is more clearly explained then I remember it being. It helps watching these eps regularly rather than weeks/months apart. Pretty much every major villain had their character arc resolved or left on peaceful terms by the end of the season.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:15 PM   #9
PApagreg
Stone Warrior
 
PApagreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What did they abandon? I don't know why people keep saying this. The only thing the writers purposely let go was de-mutating Mutagen Man, but they made references to him constantly and showed his container in the last episode at the bottom of the sludge pit. Obviously the writers felt Timmy should remain a tragic character because as a human he was stupid enough to want to become a mutant and made his own fate.
Well they kinda abandon things characters find important like April's history, Casey's family, Baxter Stockman, and Alopex
__________________
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:46 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,185
They explained most of April's history through various episodes. Watch, "The Kraang Conspiracy" from Season 2. April's parents were abducted by the Kraang and her mother was experimented on before she was born. Because of this April received some of the Kraang's telepathic powers and she developed them over the course of the series. Her mother died and April's father took her with them to escape from the Kraang. We see in the episode the Kraang create April clones just like they cloned April's mother, because they were trying to re-create the special hybrid April was but they failed each time. This is why they were trying to recapture her and her father.

They said April's DNA would help them perfect the mutagen to help them take over the Earth as well, since the mutagen was just turning people into monsters/animals instead of what they wanted. After that they just planned two invasions of Earth (the Season 1 and 2 finale's) and failed each time because of the Turtles. They were basically trying to change Earth into Dimension X. After that they just move on from April and still try to achieve their goals.

As for Casey's family...really? He said he has a sister and a father, what does it matter? We don't have to see them.

Baxter was resolved. He was demutated at the end of Season 4 and knocked out. We can imagine if he escaped the burning building at the end (who knows, he might have died ) he just went back to a normal life hence him not being in Season 5. I don't know why you'd bring this up.

Alopex could have gotten another episode, but I guess it's not a big deal. She's not a major character.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:15 PM   #11
PApagreg
Stone Warrior
 
PApagreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They explained most of April's history through various episodes. Watch, "The Kraang Conspiracy" from Season 2. April's parents were abducted by the Kraang and her mother was experimented on before she was born. Because of this April received some of the Kraang's telepathic powers and she developed them over the course of the series. Her mother died and April's father took her with them to escape from the Kraang. We see in the episode the Kraang create April clones just like they cloned April's mother, because they were trying to re-create the special hybrid April was but they failed each time. This is why they were trying to recapture her and her father.They said April's DNA would help them perfect the mutagen to help them take over the Earth as well, since the mutagen was just turning people into monsters/animals instead of what they wanted. After that they just planned two invasions of Earth (the Season 1 and 2 finale's) and failed each time because of the Turtles. They were basically trying to change Earth into Dimension X. After that they just move on from April and still try to achieve their goals.
So where does the whole "Her mind is the center of the universe" come from, is that from the Kraang messing with her DNA, how does messing ones DNA make their mind the center of the universe. Also again are there more people like April's mom with this "unique DNA" and if so why don't the Kraang experiment on other people its not like they are impatient and if not why does April's mom have this unique DNA also again if the Kraang have been mutating human DNA since the dawn of humanity how come it took them this long to find a this unique "DNA".
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
As for Casey's family...really? He said he has a sister and a father, what does it matter? We don't have to see them
Because apparently that his motivation for fighting, its like making a Daredevil adaption and never introducing his dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Baxter was resolved. He was demutated at the end of Season 4 and knocked out. We can imagine if he escaped the burning building at the end (who knows, he might have died ) he just went back to a normal life hence him not being in Season 5. I don't know why you'd bring this up.
Thats literally the opposite of resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Alopex could have gotten another episode, but I guess it's not a big deal. She's not a major character.
Again she was the sibling of the TigerClaw and cut off his tail which was one of Tigerclaw's motivation yet she only appears in one episode.And to add salt into the wound she was based on a major and popular character in the IDW franchise yet she only appears in one episode
__________________
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.