The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > The Technodrome News

Notices

Old 04-14-2004, 09:34 AM   #21
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Uck. You were right about Baxter's action "figure". It looks absolutely horrible!. Like Krang's old bubblewalker gone psycho and on steriods. Double yuck. Won't be getting THIS thing, THAT'S for sure.

At least Usagi looks decent, though. If the finished product looks as good as this wax model, I'm definitely getting him.

EDIT: LOL Wonder what kind of "action figure" that Playmates will come up with on Baxter now that he's been reduced to a brain, spinal-cord and eyeball in a jar?!
Old 04-14-2004, 10:02 AM   #22
Ninjatron
Hench Mutant

Splinter:

I appreciate that you are posting the news, but can you please leave the editorializing OFF of the main page? It looks VERY unprofessional. I'm not saying that you shouldn't share your opinions, I think you should save your opinions for inside the forum, NOT when you're reporting the news.

Sayonara.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:14 AM   #23
Splinter
Radical Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjatron
Splinter:

I appreciate that you are posting the news, but can you please leave the editorializing OFF of the main page? It looks VERY unprofessional. I'm not saying that you shouldn't share your opinions, I think you should save your opinions for inside the forum, NOT when you're reporting the news.

Sayonara.
As a reporter, I am allowed to deliver my honest opinion on what I see. I am not going to kiss anyone's behind when it comes to TMNT. Unless it is well deserved. That goes for Peter Laird, Playmates, Funimation, and Fox Kids. If you have an issue with the -truth- from my point of view, take it up with Krang. Otherwise, deal with it. This is a fan site, not a professional news site. And I am allowed to be honest in my news reports. Baxter looks like ass, that is the gods honest truth. I word it more professionally then that in my news stories for a reason. Besides, if I'm honest what I see....if Playmates is watching, maybe we'll see some changes. I am not going to blindly follow anyone or anything, just so you don't have to face the truth from my point of view. Thank you, and good night.

~Splinter~

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:24 AM   #24
Ninjinister
無問題

I do find Dr. Stockman's figure quite disturbing. However, I have high hopes with Playmates. Of course, I still bought figures when they became such nonsense as "Raph the Magnificent Magician" and whatnot. Perhaps this form of Stockman may sometime appear in the series. Oh yes, and a yojimbo is a personal samurai bodyguard. I believe it is one of the highest honors a samurai can recieve.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:57 PM   #25
Albrecht
Mad Scientist

WHAT THE ****!
Old 04-14-2004, 03:27 PM   #26
cqb101
Cinephile

Usagi-

Baxter- No emoticon can express my dusgust.

I'll be getting Baxter anyway, tho....
Old 04-14-2004, 03:36 PM   #27
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

You all ought to be ashamed of yourselves, bashing the Baxter figure.

Realize, more children probably buy this line than the 'die hard fans' do.

Meaning:
1) You need figures with fun play value. A parent would probably pick this guy up faster than a labcoat version of baxter.

2) Who knows if its accurate of not - it could be from a future episode.

3) Its better looking, sitting there with foot soldiers and robots , than a turtle with some helmet and shin guards .

I mean, we got utroms! We got shredder clones! We got mousers and turtle tots! Who ever thought we'd see these things in plastic form? (namely shredder clones). but we have, and will continue to get cool toys. But, you need SOMETHING a little oddball once in awhile.

Besides, it looks like a destroyer droid from Star Wars, which is fine by me
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 03:43 PM   #28
Meeko
Hench Mutant

USAGI IS SWEET
Baxter is UGH Horrid (but i will probobly buy it anywho)
and who is this Gen guy is he from Usagi's world or something

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/200...sign_sheet.jpg
Old 04-14-2004, 03:43 PM   #29
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

I said it before, and I'll say it again.

this has GOT to be a hint of whats to come in Season three!!!

so dont bash it too much. Maybe the cartoon can explain it well enough or something...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:04 PM   #30
Ninjatron
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter
As a reporter, I am allowed to deliver my honest opinion on what I see. I am not going to kiss anyone's behind when it comes to TMNT. Unless it is well deserved. That goes for Peter Laird, Playmates, Funimation, and Fox Kids. If you have an issue with the -truth- from my point of view, take it up with Krang. Otherwise, deal with it. This is a fan site, not a professional news site. And I am allowed to be honest in my news reports. Baxter looks like ass, that is the gods honest truth. I word it more professionally then that in my news stories for a reason. Besides, if I'm honest what I see....if Playmates is watching, maybe we'll see some changes. I am not going to blindly follow anyone or anything, just so you don't have to face the truth from my point of view. Thank you, and good night.

~Splinter~
Wow. Just wow. Chill. Seriously.

I don't have an issue with this so called truth as you see it. I have an issue with reading it ALONG SIDE the news on the main page. That's all. I never once brought up anything regarding you blindly following anything, so I have no idea where the hell you're coming from on that.

I am not attacking your opinion of those figures at all, so relax. I'm not even voicing my own, nor will I in this case.

Just report the news, dude! That's all! If you want to post your opinions, then I think that you should do it in a seperate post. Why? Because I think it'd look better and I'm trying to help out the site by offering my suggestion. The opinion of the reporters is not news. The news is news. And that's the truth as I see it.

Of couse, I don't expect anyone to listen to me. So, whatever.

Sayonara.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:02 PM   #31
Splinter
Radical Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjatron
Wow. Just wow. Chill. Seriously.

I don't have an issue with this so called truth as you see it. I have an issue with reading it ALONG SIDE the news on the main page. That's all. I never once brought up anything regarding you blindly following anything, so I have no idea where the hell you're coming from on that.

I am not attacking your opinion of those figures at all, so relax. I'm not even voicing my own, nor will I in this case.

Just report the news, dude! That's all! If you want to post your opinions, then I think that you should do it in a seperate post. Why? Because I think it'd look better and I'm trying to help out the site by offering my suggestion. The opinion of the reporters is not news. The news is news. And that's the truth as I see it.

Of couse, I don't expect anyone to listen to me. So, whatever.

Sayonara.
Ninjatron, the point is that it's expected for me to deliver a fair and realistic unbiased opinion. And while I have applauded Playmates in the past, I have to be serious and offer the fact that they majorly dropped the bomb at this point in time. They knew what the -fans- wanted, from the endless complaining of wanting a Baxter figure. And they screwed the pooch this time. And I'm sad about that.

If all I did was report the news, it would be a very short news post. Because we don't get much info when these pictures are released. So I have to judge these things fairly. I have nothing to lose or gain by my honesty. Other then the fact I will not pull punches and fawn about something in a news story unless it is well deserved. Which I have done before.

Like in the case of Tales of the TMNT Vol. 2. I normally hate Lawsons work, but I said it looked much better in TMNT Vol. 2. Because I was offering a true and unbiased opinion. His work looks better there, then it has in all of Volume 4. And I said so, in my post. I appreciate you may not like my opinon, and I am sorry. I can only offer the same thing I did before.

Again, take the matter up with Krang if you don't want personal opinion to flavor my news posts. If he feels the same, I will personally resign from the position, and take my leave. But I will never, never, apoligize for being truthfully honest about something. My readers expect it, and I deliver.

~Splinter~

Old 04-14-2004, 05:36 PM   #32
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Splinter,
Who, exactly, do you consider to be 'the fans'? Us, of course, but this line is also for CHILDREN. Read my post aboe, and you'll see we're getting some cool stuff! But, there has to be children-aimed toys as well. IE-in the star wars line, you get the occasional redo of R2-D2 so the character is there for children.

Aside from baxter's face, the figure, the toy itself, is just fine. "Dropped the bomb" is such an exaggeration. I mean, this line is still fresh, who cares if there's one figure that a) isn't from an episode we know of, and b) is a little bit different from what "the fans" want. I think we're all just spoiled, and need to chill.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:46 PM   #33
Splinter
Radical Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers
Splinter,
Who, exactly, do you consider to be 'the fans'? Us, of course, but this line is also for CHILDREN. Read my post aboe, and you'll see we're getting some cool stuff! But, there has to be children-aimed toys as well. IE-in the star wars line, you get the occasional redo of R2-D2 so the character is there for children.

Aside from baxter's face, the figure, the toy itself, is just fine. "Dropped the bomb" is such an exaggeration. I mean, this line is still fresh, who cares if there's one figure that a) isn't from an episode we know of, and b) is a little bit different from what "the fans" want. I think we're all just spoiled, and need to chill.
Darthsmozers, clearly you don't understand how the toy industry works. Children -love- to recreate scenes from shows with figures. Sure they expand up them with imagination. But it will typically always start out centered on something that happened in the toon.

As for Star Wars, that's an awful example. All of the figures (or atleast 90% of them) are movie accurate. It is not an example of making a 'toyetic' figure for kids. They will play with R2 no matter what. If Playmates wants to ignore the toon, then fine. I will continue to offer a less then steller review on their work.

They dropped the bomb with a lot of fans with the inaccurate toon TMNT figures. I didn't mind it as much at first. But then we got the non-accurate Space Hoppers, when accurate ones were planned. That was the first clamp release on the bomb. Heaven forbid that they actually give the -fans- what they want.

Sure, kids may love it. But then make two different baxters. Pack a toon accurate 'Spider Baxter' in the Mouser 6-Pack instead of one of the mousers. See, perfect compromise. A Baxter for the kiddies, and one for us. That's how the line -should- be run. Especially since that was how it was promised to be run.

Old 04-14-2004, 06:20 PM   #34
cqb101
Cinephile

Is it just me, or is it argue with Splints day on the 'drome?
Old 04-14-2004, 06:26 PM   #35
Splinter
Radical Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqb101
Seems like it these days. *Slams his head against his keyboard* I feel pretty, so pretty....

Old 04-14-2004, 06:32 PM   #36
cqb101
Cinephile

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqb101
Seems like it these days. *Slams his head against his keyboard* I feel pretty, so pretty....
*looks at splints* Ummmmm, the space bar is imbedded in your forehead.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:37 PM   #37
Meeko
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers
Splinter,

Darthsmozers, clearly you don't understand how the toy industry works. Children -love- to recreate scenes from shows with figures. Sure they expand up them with imagination. But it will typically always start out centered on something that happened in the toon.

As for Star Wars, that's an awful example. All of the figures (or atleast 90% of them) are movie accurate. It is not an example of making a 'toyetic' figure for kids. They will play with R2 no matter what. If Playmates wants to ignore the toon, then fine. I will continue to offer a less then steller review on their work.

They dropped the bomb with a lot of fans with the inaccurate toon TMNT figures. I didn't mind it as much at first. But then we got the non-accurate Space Hoppers, when accurate ones were planned. That was the first clamp release on the bomb. Heaven forbid that they actually give the -fans- what they want.

Sure, kids may love it. But then make two different baxters. Pack a toon accurate 'Spider Baxter' in the Mouser 6-Pack instead of one of the mousers. See, perfect compromise. A Baxter for the kiddies, and one for us. That's how the line -should- be run. Especially since that was how it was promised to be run.
i agree with ya splinter Kids Love to re create Episodes
When i ws younger i recreated Old toon seans all the time
And Yes They Should also give us a toon acurate Baxter
And i really want toon accurate Shell cycle
Old 04-14-2004, 06:50 PM   #38
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

I agree. but also some kids get characters that arent from episodes (a la the old TMNT figs), and love 'em to death anyways. AND, we don't know if this guy will be in upcoming episodes or not. AND im not arguing with ya, just saying everyone should jump on this thing with hatred when a) we dont have all details of this character's future, and b) other baxters will surely come.

i make peace.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:53 PM   #39
Sadako*sCranes
Foot Soldier

*bursts out laughing at the Baxter figure* Talk about a laughing Stock!
Good grief, that thing's pitiful! It's an imposter Baxter! He ain't coming into my house!
Clean up on Aisle 4! Get him out of there and use him as a football!

Just watch, he'll probably come on in Season Three looking like this and I'll find myself turned full swing into accepting his action figure when I see him in action with his gadget weapon attachments!
Old 04-14-2004, 06:56 PM   #40
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

Wow that baxter looks horrible.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote