The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Buying/Selling/Trading

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2017, 09:33 PM   #1
Princess Anri
Foot Soldier
 
Princess Anri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 220
Something on eBay. That requires local pickup in Portland.

I know it's a longshot and I honestly don't know where it's acceptable to post this...

But there is an eBay auction of a bunch of TPBs and a few extras but it's local pickup only and the item is in Portland, Oregon (I'm in Houston, Texas).

Anyone willing to pick up the item and I'll pay you to ship it to me?

Please let me know because this listing has stuff I can't find anywhere else.
__________________
Donnie: You're a claustrophobic!

Casey: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy before.
Princess Anri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:02 PM   #2
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anri View Post
I know it's a longshot and I honestly don't know where it's acceptable to post this...

But there is an eBay auction of a bunch of TPBs and a few extras but it's local pickup only and the item is in Portland, Oregon (I'm in Houston, Texas).

Anyone willing to pick up the item and I'll pay you to ship it to me?

Please let me know because this listing has stuff I can't find anywhere else.
Wish I was closer to the location and I'd help you out. Why can't they ship books? I understand a car or something big but books has me curious.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:12 PM   #3
Princess Anri
Foot Soldier
 
Princess Anri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Why can't they ship books?
No idea why. They are just completely unwilling to do it.
__________________
Donnie: You're a claustrophobic!

Casey: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy before.
Princess Anri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:22 PM   #4
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anri View Post
No idea why. They are just completely unwilling to do it.
Oh. There are a few Oregon drome members but I'm not sure if in Portland area. Hope you get the books. Good luck.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:46 PM   #5
inaheap
Hench Mutant
 
inaheap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 338
You might try contacting them. If you are willing to send supplies, and all they have to do is pack and ship they might do it.
__________________
I have always liked Cowa-bunga!


We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:15 PM   #6
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 1,549
Comics can ship as media mail which is insanely cheap. Shipping 50lbs of books wont be more than $20 no matter the size...odd.
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys
http://www.spacemonkeytoys.com/
Now shipping to CANADA!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:44 PM   #7
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,551
Actually, comics are not allowed to be shipped via media mail because they contain advertisements. Dumb rule, I know..

I can usually ship TPBs and Graphic Novels via media mail with no problem though.

USPS has the right to check the package to see if the contents meet the criteria. If not, the recipient will be asked to pay the difference in price upon delivery.

I've heard this is happening much more lately, so I just go with Priority or First Class 95% of the time.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:05 AM   #8
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant
 
Peter Palmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
Actually, comics are not allowed to be shipped via media mail because they contain advertisements. Dumb rule, I know..

I can usually ship TPBs and Graphic Novels via media mail with no problem though.

USPS has the right to check the package to see if the contents meet the criteria. If not, the recipient will be asked to pay the difference in price upon delivery.

I've heard this is happening much more lately, so I just go with Priority or First Class 95% of the time.
MrPliggins is 100% correct.

The ads seem to be the bone of contention. It doesn't matter that the ads are decades old for businesses that no longer exist; the mere presence of even outdated ads is enough to count as a violation of the TOS for media mail.

Some people will still send comics via media mail and will send hundreds of packages with no problems. Others will get flagged, opened, and searched every time. If comics are found, the recipient will have to pay the difference between media mail and priority shipping to get the package. It tends to come down to individual USPS locations. Some don't care, some crack down hard.

I just send everything via priority mail. The boxes are free, they're delivered to my door, and I can schedule a pickup at my door for free when it's ready to go. Plus it automatically comes with tracking and $50 worth of insurance. The less time it spends in transit, the less chance there is for damage. If all that isn't worth the cost difference between media and priority, I don't know what is.
__________________
Peter Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.