The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2018, 09:13 AM   #541
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant
 
Klunk1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: With the TMNT
Posts: 423
Hollywood is full of crap. I'm not longer watch any of their awards ceremonies, I used to like them.
Klunk1234 is offline  
Old 07-10-2018, 11:28 AM   #542
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 25,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Wow. This is just ... unbelievable.

Talk about a corruption within a corporation.
Did you just post that based on headline and then finally read the content or something?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 07-10-2018, 03:26 PM   #543
Papenbrook
Channeling Inner-Donnie
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: ✮ I'm inside my own head! ✮
Posts: 1,767
Mostly the former, but I was also (mostly) responding to my own post.

I guess I should have just posted my thoughts without the quote.
Papenbrook is offline  
Old 07-10-2018, 09:11 PM   #544
Sumac
Mad Scientist
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
No one seems to be talking about Trudeau. The lack of media coverage and outrage by the left really does show that their nonsense really is just virtue signaling.
Indeed.
But it's always the case with zealots who cry the loudest. Most of them are liars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunk1234 View Post
Hollywood is full of crap. I'm not longer watch any of their awards ceremonies, I used to like them.
That'll show them!
__________________
Now with 150% more poison!
Sumac is offline  
Old 07-10-2018, 09:16 PM   #545
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 13,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
But it's always the case with zealots who cry the loudest. Most of them are liars.
Or worse - and as I often suspect - they're trying to deflect from and/or atone for their own misbehavior. Kind of a "silent penance".

I do know I'm instantly suspicious of anyone who takes every available opportunity to let everyone know just what a "Good Person" they are. I don't trust them at all.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline  
Old 07-11-2018, 01:15 AM   #546
Sumac
Mad Scientist
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Or worse - and as I often suspect - they're trying to deflect from and/or atone for their own misbehavior. Kind of a "silent penance".

I do know I'm instantly suspicious of anyone who takes every available opportunity to let everyone know just what a "Good Person" they are. I don't trust them at all.
Here, here.
Good people don't scream about their goodness on every corner.
__________________
Now with 150% more poison!
Sumac is offline  
Old 07-11-2018, 01:40 AM   #547
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 13,887
Just last week I found out that Dolly Parton is massively involved in various charities, and has been for decades. She's a huge literacy advocate and donates books to underprivileged children, for example, among many other things. I never knew about any of that.

Reason being, she's not a Look-At-Me-Stanley, trumpeting her righteousness to anyone who'll listen. She just does good stuff without making a big deal about telling anyone, which implies that it's less about PR and more about actually helping people.

I think that's neat. Some people act like they're trying to buy their way into Heaven, and that really gets on my nerves.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline  
Old 07-11-2018, 06:56 AM   #548
Sumac
Mad Scientist
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I think that's neat. Some people act like they're trying to buy their way into Heaven, and that really gets on my nerves.
Ditto. This sort of thing is always suspect.
Besides, history knows plenty of examples when the biggest advocates of something were complete opposite of what they were preaching.

This is why it's hard to take all those hardcore "progressives" and "conservatives" seriously. They are just doing what they think is the most profitable / popular at the moment and they will become whatever will be popular next at the drop of the hat.
__________________
Now with 150% more poison!
Sumac is offline  
Old 07-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #549
BartAllen
Stone Warrior
 
BartAllen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Ditto. This sort of thing is always suspect.
Besides, history knows plenty of examples when the biggest advocates of something were complete opposite of what they were preaching.

This is why it's hard to take all those hardcore "progressives" and "conservatives" seriously. They are just doing what they think is the most profitable / popular at the moment and they will become whatever will be popular next at the drop of the hat.
Lot of truth to that.
__________________
Presented without comment. Make up your own mind about this situation.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59001
BartAllen is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 11:51 AM   #550
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 14,690
Henry Caville is in the doghouse for making remarks that he fears flirting with women in case he's branded a rapist

https://etcanada.com/news/346694/hen...lled-a-rapist/

He apologized

https://twitter.com/DanyGarciaCo/sta...28424141492224
ZariusTwo is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:02 PM   #551
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,935
I really worry about dudes who can't tell the difference between flirting and harrassment.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #552
Vegita-San
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,287
either henry is being way too aggressive, or he knows only crazy SJW women who really think flirting is akin to that.
__________________
'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'
Vegita-San is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 08:52 PM   #553
Papenbrook
Channeling Inner-Donnie
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: ✮ I'm inside my own head! ✮
Posts: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Henry Caville is in the doghouse for making remarks that he fears flirting with women in case he's branded a rapist

https://etcanada.com/news/346694/hen...lled-a-rapist/

He apologized

https://twitter.com/DanyGarciaCo/sta...28424141492224
As he should. (Seriously, he thinks that women enjoy being chased. What the ...?)

Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Henry Cavill - who's next?!
Papenbrook is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 09:23 PM   #554
GoldMutant
Rest. In. Peace.
 
GoldMutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
As he should. (Seriously, he thinks that women enjoy being chased. What the ...?)
Cavil's attitude seems to be that of an older generation. The kind of guy who wants to surprise a lady and attempt ways to come together. While he's far from one of the best guys in Hollywood, least he's owning up to being cautious.

Otherwise, my God. That entire article is so damn toxic. It's part of a problem I find with the movement and sort of understand Cavil's POV. People will do anything to get their fifteen seconds of fame off any person. Yet, their story is misconstrued; case in point, Malcolm McDowell last year. Frustrates the crap out of me.
__________________
Quote:
"It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives. But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for? How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth. Even when the battle's over, and the bonds that connect us are severed... We always return... Time and time again." -Phoenix Wright
GoldMutant is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 10:58 PM   #555
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,228
I think he kind of clumsily is saying that hey, I might just start to date this chick, we might break up, she might not like that... and she tells the press whatever story she wants with 0 supporting evidence and my career is ruined forevermore.

Like, I dunno, Hardwick.
Andrew NDB is online now  
Old 07-13-2018, 05:51 AM   #556
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,935
Some women like that sort of thing in their courtship, and they're not wrong for it. And Cavill isn't wrong for enjoying either.

What's wrong is when you don't know for certain, and you treat a person that way anyways. Because one person's romantic, is another person's restraining order.

it's all about knowing your audience, creating a safe space, and communication.

Margaret Atwood said it best, men are afraid that women will laugh at them and women are afraid that men will kill them.
And I'm just kind of done with putting men's Feefees ahead of my safety.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline  
Old 07-13-2018, 10:39 AM   #557
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
creating a safe space
Andrew NDB is online now  
Old 07-13-2018, 10:42 AM   #558
BartAllen
Stone Warrior
 
BartAllen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I really worry about dudes who can't tell the difference between flirting and harrassment.
How do we know when we cross a line when, apparently, it's harassment to ask a woman for her phone number at this point.

Frankly, I know I haven't been on as many dates this past year because I'm afraid that I may say something that could get me in trouble. Just recently I had a co-worker ask me out for drinks and I declined because I don't want to have to worry about losing my job if she takes something I said innocently as harassment. It's just not worth it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Some women like that sort of thing in their courtship, and they're not wrong for it. And Cavill isn't wrong for enjoying either.

What's wrong is when you don't know for certain, and you treat a person that way anyways. Because one person's romantic, is another person's restraining order.

it's all about knowing your audience, creating a safe space, and communication.

Margaret Atwood said it best, men are afraid that women will laugh at them and women are afraid that men will kill them.
And I'm just kind of done with putting men's Feefees ahead of my safety.
In other words: BE A MIND READER, GUYS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I think he kind of clumsily is saying that hey, I might just start to date this chick, we might break up, she might not like that... and she tells the press whatever story she wants with 0 supporting evidence and my career is ruined forevermore.

Like, I dunno, Hardwick.
I know a few guys this has happened to. They've lost their jobs because they dated a woman in the office. It went bad and said woman claimed harassment. It's just not worth it anymore. I don't want to ruin my career because a woman gets mad at me and uses the current social climate to ruin my life. Not worth it.
__________________
Presented without comment. Make up your own mind about this situation.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59001
BartAllen is offline  
Old 07-13-2018, 11:11 AM   #559
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,935
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Some women like that sort of thing in their courtship, and they're not wrong for it. And Cavill isn't wrong for enjoying either.

What's wrong is when you don't know for certain, and you treat a person that way anyways. Because one person's romantic, is another person's restraining order.

it's all about knowing your audience, creating a safe space, and communication.
Yup.
Mind reading is exactly what I'm suggesting here.
Because clearly the only form of communication that exist, is telepathy.

Please go back to ignoring me, Vegita.
For your mental health and well-being, as well as mine.
or at very least read the entire thread, so you'll know that I was sexually assaulted, and maybe not make jokes at my expense because of it.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline  
Old 07-13-2018, 12:38 PM   #560
Papenbrook
Channeling Inner-Donnie
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: ✮ I'm inside my own head! ✮
Posts: 1,767
I'm sorry that happened to you, Plastroncafe.

My condolences are with you.
Papenbrook is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.