The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #2761
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Just on the train back now. Will do a longer post later when I've had chance to straighten my thoughts out and remember it properly (I'm terrible at organising my thoughts and writing them down on an iPhone, I need a bigger screen).

I've tweeted a few pictures at TMNTMaster on Twitter, I'll take a few more when I get home as Kevin very kindly did some sketches for me and I bought an incredible Leo piece from him. There was an absolutely beautiful piece he'd just done of Eastman TMNT and the new Nick TMNT but sadly I couldn't afford it (great value though as it was amazing). He is probably the nicest guy I've ever had the pleasure of meeting at a convention, really friendly and so generous with his time and talent (he signed and sketched for free!)

Saw the new toys, even better in person, probably my favorite TMNT toys ever from Playmates, I actually think I might even like the look of them more than NECAs!

Toys are due in January over here (due to some licensing stuff I believe, they just missed out on having them on the shelves for Christmas) but best news is show is due here in October this year!!!

Panel was incredible! I'll post more details later but the footage looked great. It did have anime vibe at times but it had a feeling of moving comic book panels in the way it moved between shots. We got a very good look at the TMNT, a decent look at the Foot Soldiers and The Kraang, and brief glimpses of Splinter and a very menacing Shredder. I can't wait for this show!!

I'll go into more detail once I get in, but I will say that I think Kevin reassured a lot of people (he sounds more involved than I thought he'd be) when he said that the show really captures the heart of the Turtles. His kids like it and he says they're always the biggest critics
Great! Can you post some screenshots and videos here for us to see ? Or Nickelodeon didnt allow you to take video or pictures of the event?
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #2762
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie DBERG View Post
Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Did you take any pics or vids or was it not allowed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 View Post
Great! Can you post some screenshots and videos here for us to see ? Or Nickelodeon didnt allow you to take video or pictures of the event?
Sorry everyone, we weren't allowed to take any pictures during the presentation. I got one of the hall before things started (it was great seeing free bandanas, a bottle of TMNT water and copies of IDW TMNT #1 on the chairs) but once they got started no photos or video was allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT is cooler than MOTU View Post
What was the tone of the show like? Was it more goofy like the 80s show or more action-oriented like the 2K3 one?
Hard to judge. What was shown felt a lot like an extended trailer so it showed a lot of humor and a lot of action. Based on what we were shown, I'd say it's got a lot more in common with the more action-oriented 2K3 show than the goofy 80s toon, but it also looks like humour is going to play a much bigger role than it did in the 2K3 show.

I was going to post a load more tonight but I feel like I'm about to fall asleep any second, so I'll do a full report in the morning.

One thing that did come out of the Q+A - they were asked about Bebop and Rocksteady and Rich Magallanes skirted around the question a bit, saying something along the lines of we might not see those particular characters but the show will have characters who fill those roles (presumabley those roles being hench mutants for Shredder, they did say mutagen would be flying everywhere in this series). He then deflected the question on to Kevin who spoke about their recent cameo in the IDW series, saying it was great to be able to put little back ground nods to the old fans (like pre-mutation Bebop and Rocksteady) into the story.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #2763
CyberCubed
Overlord

I really hope this show doesn't have endless mutants in it. Archie pulled it off but I don't know if they can.

I also find it really strange that they're not using Bebop or Rocksteady. You'd think Nick would jump at the chance to bring back already established characters that were popular with kids for nearly a decade.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #2764
Powder
So tired of this place

So I guess Dogpound & Fishface will indeed be the new Bebop & Rocksteady. Could be cool, time will tell.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #2765
Raven
follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
There's a difference between static promotional shots and screen caps, but there are some legit screen caps out there, too. Can't remember where. I'm sure they are on www.ninjapizza.net somewhere.

EDIT: I love it when I'm right:
http://www.ninjapizza.net/2012/02/ne...-from-toy.html
Ah the stills look awesome!
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #2766
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Thanks for sharing what you saw during the event, Chris. Sounds like it was a great time over there.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #2767
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
This she blamed on the use of Michaelangelo as a forced comic relief.
I saw that happening.

Quote:
The series’ main villain, she confirmed, was Shredder.
Predictable...and boring. Not that we need to create some new villain but I seriously hope he isn't in almost every episode. This is of course if I can stand watching every episode, that remains to be seen.

Quote:
The reason for this, according to Eastman, was that they thought about it for a bit and decided, actually, having a thirty-something lady hanging around with these teenage boys was actually kind of creepy. Less creepy is a human teenage girl hanging out with a bunch of mutated turtles, of course. I suppose that’s the conceit of the piece; that they’re just boys, really, at a subtext level.
Wow that's a pretty terrible reason. It's much better to put hormonal teens of the opposite sex together. Given this generation it wouldn't matter if they're turtles or not. Everyone's open to everything these days. Course the issue will never come up, except in deviate art fan fiction, but still. They don't need to lie. They could just say the real reason is to try and draw in some girls and make April less like their surrogate mother.

Quote:
The music in the show is going to be hip hop, drum and bass and dubstep. Will the beloved theme tune be coming back? Eastman refused to answer, saying that he liked the original tune, and… Yeah, who are we kidding. He’d have just said “No,” if it wasn’t. I expect there’s a new hip-hop theme coming.
I can live with hip hop if I have to but dubstep? Either way both make for horrible score. There's a reason most scores consist of orchestral style music and there's very few that work outside of it.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #2768
Ciro
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Hey guys,

Ciro here, I'm the exec producer on this series.

I wish i was able to have gone to this event. I am really glad Kevin went, he's a big inspiration to the crew as we make this series.

I really like all of you here and appreciate how passionate you all are, but if you already focus negatively on what hasn't even been released, do you think you will ever really be able to like it, regardless of how well it is executed.
I was originally a big fan of the comic, i bought issue one when it was released in 84, trust me, i get it.

I think this version is unlike any other we've seen, at the same time, i feel it is the closest we will ever see any ninja turtle show be.
Yes, at times it will be silly, but it is a children's cartoon, not an indy black and white comic flying under the radar.

I will be at San Diego Comic Con, I can't wait. There will be lots for me to talk about and show, I think you will all enjoy it.

I love this show, I can only hope you all will too.

Now get off the internet and enjoy Memorial day weekend.

GOONGALLA!

btw, Mikey says hello!
Ciro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #2769
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciro View Post
Hey guys,

I wish i was able to have gone to this event. I am really glad Kevin went, he's a big inspiration to the crew as we make this series.

I really like all of you here and appreciate how passionate you all are, but if you already focus negatively on what hasn't even been released, do you think you will ever really be able to like it, regardless of how well it is executed.
I was originally a big fan of the comic, i bought issue one when it was released in 84, trust me, i get it.

I think this version is unlike any other we've seen, at the same time, i feel it is the closest we will ever see any ninja turtle show be.
Yes, at times it will be silly, but it is a children's cartoon, not an indy black and white comic flying under the radar.

I will be at San Diego Comic Con, I can't wait. There will be lots for me to talk about and show, I think you will all enjoy it.

GOONGALLA!

btw, Mikey says hello!
Hey Ciro, long time no see! Tell Cipes and the rest of the gang we said hi and can't wait to see the show! I just know it's going to rock!

Old 05-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #2770
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior

Thanks for the news update Chris! I wanted to ask one question about something though -

Quote:
Toys are due in January over here (due to some licensing stuff I believe, they just missed out on having them on the shelves for Christmas) but best news is show is due here in October this year!!!
The panel, as well as you yourself, are in the UK, right? So does that mean the show is due just there in October and the US can expect it sooner, or is it October for all of us?
Old 05-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #2771
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant

Thanks for dropping by Ciro!

I'd like to think the positive buzz is outweighing the negative. The majority of us here seem to be absolutely stoked about the new show and are foaming at the mouth to get any shred of news, photos, previews, etc. I hope the few Negative Nancies in the ranks (who seem to be the type of people who're never happy with anything) aren't discouraging you guys!

All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #2772
Ciro
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

i've worked on lots of shows. Usually it's a blow out of negativity...i'm super used to it. It doesn't phase me one bit. If it did, i wouldn't be able to finish drawing the origin sequence for episode1 right now. WOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard something about US toy release sometime in august actually.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #2773
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior

Hmm...if the US toy release is likely earlier, than the show one has to be too I'd say. Just my guess though. Thanks for the tidbit Ciro, and I greatly look forward to seeing your work in action!
Old 05-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #2774
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Hey guys,

GOONGALLA!

btw, Mikey says hello!

Very cool!

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #2775
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciro
Hey Ciro! I'm as pumped as ever - can't wait to see what there is to see at Comic-Con!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #2776
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
a bottle of TMNT water
Bottling sewage is dumb.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #2777
zkarlette
Fashionably late

Quote:
i've worked on lots of shows. Usually it's a blow out of negativity...i'm super used to it. It doesn't phase me one bit. If it did, i wouldn't be able to finish drawing the origin sequence for episode1 right now. WOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard something about US toy release sometime in august actually.
Don't worry Ciro, as much as you see us complain,we are all hyped and can't wait to watch the show.I know at least I am.

Yay August ! Right on my birthday!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #2778
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Saw this online and thought I'd share this with everyone:

Love Mike's expression here.

Also saw this article that mentions the footage that was shown: http://www.filmoria.co.uk/2012/05/lo...nd-up-day-two/

'Fortunately, we were treated to some world–exclusive footage of the new show and I must say, even as a 23-year-old man, it’s a show that has to be checked out. Fluid animation and some top-notch voice acting from the likes of Jason Biggs and Sean Astin, the new series of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is just what the kids of today need and will also provide a nice touch of nostalgia for the older viewers.'

Old 05-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #2779
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Quote:
The music in the show is going to be hip hop, drum and bass and dubstep. Will the beloved theme tune be coming back? Eastman refused to answer, saying that he liked the original tune, and… Yeah, who are we kidding. He’d have just said “No,” if it wasn’t. I expect there’s a new hip-hop theme coming.
Dubstep? Jesus Christ, why?

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #2780
Ciro
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

came back quickly to say.
NO DUBSTEP.
not sure where that came from.

Tags
2k12, nick