The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Art and Design

Notices

Old 12-11-2018, 02:12 PM   #1
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

The Scarlet Window

(Not sure where else to put this... so I'm putting it here unless someone cares to move it.)

I'm putting together finances to shoot my first feature film in September/October. Working title is The Scarlet Window, though that's likely to change. I just wanted to put this thread here as a way to keep myself accountable and to use as a journal/progress updates.

Intimidated but excited. Wish me luck.

Or don't.

I don't care
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:18 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Break a leg, brutha!
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:26 PM   #3
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Thanks, g!
Old 12-11-2018, 02:37 PM   #4
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Exciting! <10char>
Old 12-18-2018, 01:28 PM   #5
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

So, the doubters have begun rearing their heads once I began vocalizing how serious I am about shooting this thing. I expected this - I'm an incredibly laid back person (to a fault) and its hard for people to take me seriously sometimes. And this morning I was offered a small promotion - but it would mean I'd be on another season and would conflict with when I intended to shoot this thing.

So I turned it down, and now everyone thinks I'm crazy.

But that's fine. I could care less if they support me or not. If anything, doubting me just fuels the fire to make it happen.

Bring it on
Old 12-18-2018, 01:33 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So what is this, exactly? A short? A full feature? You're executing this in what capacity -- as director, writer, producer?
Old 12-18-2018, 01:51 PM   #7
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Way to stick to your dream, Krutch.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:22 PM   #8
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So what is this, exactly? A short? A full feature? You're executing this in what capacity -- as director, writer, producer?
Yes, yes, and yes. Though I know some producers I’ll pitch to first before committing to taking on that responsibility all by myself.

And full feature -but I’m writing it as practically as possible with budget and limitations in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Way to stick to your dream, Krutch.
Thanks dude Actually felt good to turn down that promotion and stay the course.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:00 PM   #9
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Small update.

I gave myself the deadline to have a first draft finished by the end of the month...

However, in light of Aquaman's success, my agent wants me to go over an old pilot of mine (which is Atlantis oriented) and clean it up for a pitch package. So, I've been working on that. Got some shnazzy concept art from my friend, which I'll throw here for anyone curious...

As for Scarlet Window, I'm pushing my deadline for First Draft two weeks (February 15th) so I'll be back with an update around then.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:09 PM   #10
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

So, uh... things have certainly taken a turn.

Beyond the pitch package/series bible I had to put together for my agent for Undertow, I got tapped to come in and pitch some takes for a reboot of a recognizable horror franchise (can't say which, sorry). It's not even a series I like, so right now I'm making my way through all the movies, taking notes, trying to find my approach to it while keeping what people like about the movies intact.

Also have an interview tomorrow which, if it goes well, would open a ton of doors. Fun but stressful time.

Needless to say, haven/t had any time to work on this. Too many opportunities popped up that I had to jump on.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:15 PM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Small update.

I gave myself the deadline to have a first draft finished by the end of the month...

However, in light of Aquaman's success, my agent wants me to go over an old pilot of mine (which is Atlantis oriented) and clean it up for a pitch package. So, I've been working on that. Got some shnazzy concept art from my friend, which I'll throw here for anyone curious...

http://i64.tinypic.com/2uf6nmb.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/28c1yra.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/11razcz.jpg
http://i66.tinypic.com/71645w.jpg

As for Scarlet Window, I'm pushing my deadline for First Draft two weeks (February 15th) so I'll be back with an update around then.
I missed this entirely. Cool!

Quote:
So, uh... things have certainly taken a turn.

Beyond the pitch package/series bible I had to put together for my agent for Undertow, I got tapped to come in and pitch some takes for a reboot of a recognizable horror franchise (can't say which, sorry). It's not even a series I like, so right now I'm making my way through all the movies, taking notes, trying to find my approach to it while keeping what people like about the movies intact.

Also have an interview tomorrow which, if it goes well, would open a ton of doors. Fun but stressful time.

Needless to say, haven/t had any time to work on this. Too many opportunities popped up that I had to jump on.
Why don't you rattle off some horror series you like so we can figure it out without you telling us?
Old 02-14-2019, 01:47 PM   #12
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
I missed this entirely. Cool!
Thanks! The pilot is a blender of all my favourite things. You can probably even see a little Green Lantern influence in one of the pics
Quote:
Why don't you rattle off some horror series you like so we can figure it out without you telling us?
Haha I'm not gonna play that game. I will say its a franchise not from the 80s or 90s with more than 4 sequels to it's name, though. You can probably deduce it from there, but beyond that, lips are sealed
Old 02-14-2019, 01:53 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Gotta be F13 or Texas Chainsaw. I hope it's F13, though that seems the more unlikely of the two given the rights stuff. If it is, make it another stealth sequel, not a reboot. Back to basics, but with hipsters/millennials and safe spaces and social justice and all that kind of stuff. Let's get Jason ripping through a ton of them like we've never seen before. I'd pay to see that, opening weekend.

Yeah, maybe they build like a giant "safe space" and gun-free zone right next to Crystal Lake, and a bunch of triggereds go there for a retreat. That'd be my pitch!
Old 02-14-2019, 01:56 PM   #14
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Man, I wish it was Friday the 13th. I'd absolutely love to contribute to the lore of Jason and Camp Crystal Lake. But alas, it is not.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:56 PM   #15
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

So that interview that I mentioned last week went well - and I got the gig! It's a short 2 month gig but will open a ton of doors for me. So hyped.

Of course, Scarlet Window will have to sit on the shelf for the time being.

Gotta go where life takes you sometimes
Old 02-26-2019, 02:00 PM   #16
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
So that interview that I mentioned last week went well - and I got the gig! It's a short 2 month gig but will open a ton of doors for me. So hyped.
Wowzers, that's great!
Old 02-26-2019, 02:07 PM   #17
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Thanks man! Very excited.

To clarify - this isn't for the pitch. This is just a promotion on another show in town. The pitch session isnt until first week of April.