The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-14-2017, 08:34 PM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
As dumb as Michaelangelo could be in Fred Wolf, at least he stopped just being a background character like in Mirage.
Original cartoon Mikey was never really portrayed as "dumb" like Nick Mikey, he was just laid back with everything.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:37 PM   #42
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Original cartoon Mikey was never really portrayed as "dumb" like Nick Mikey, he was just laid back with everything.
Well... I think he had his moments. Like he was a pizza loving caricature sometimes. I guess dumb is the wrong term, but single mindedly simple is?
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:51 PM   #43
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Been slowly giving the original another watch, and honestly, while he himself doesn't really act all that dumb (most of the time), it's surprising how often his brothers (esp Raph) do make jokes against his level of intelligence. Poor Mikey. lol

Shame what Nick has done though. Any dumber and he'd just be left home. Hopefully he'll regain some in the brains department someday in some other series.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:43 PM   #44
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
I was just going to mention that!! I hated that part of the episode!! Sure, it was essential to the plot, but still. I can understand if he did that while Shredder and Krang were an active threat at the moment, but after what Titanus and co. had done in the previous episode, why did Michaelangelo suddenly decide to start goofing off?
It was so OOC because due to Red Sky being all serious and whatnot (i guess) Mikey WASN'T goofing around. But all of a sudden he just.... was in this episode which was the fourth or so in the season. They kept picking on him and even when he got serious they were like 'see what you can accomplish when you're not goofing around?'. I'd be like 'well **** you too dudes.'

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:07 AM   #45
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

I think another out of character moment is with Krang in the Nick episode Transdimensional Turtles. He is mostly portrayed accurately but he was trying to wipe out the turtles no matter what, even going so far as destroying entire dimensions

in the old cartoon, he didn't care about the turtles or splinter. Even when he was beaten, he was more concerned about ruling everything than revenge. I don't even think OT Shredder would do what Krang was trying to do, since Krang wants to rule, not destroy. The only thing we know he destroyed was Beserko's homeworld, so his relatives would not come after him.

The only one I think would try to destroy dimensions is Chrell in Turtles Forever and that wasn't his original intention. He just wanted the original turtles gone, but didn't know that by doing that, he would destroy everything, including himself, but then at that point, he no longer cared and wanted the turtles killed even if it meant destroying himself.

That and Krang is supposed to have been banished because he was incompetent. If you look at the OT, a lot of Krang's ideas would have worked if it were not for Shredder's obsession with revenge, or Bebop and Rocksteady's incompetence.
Yabuturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:52 AM   #46
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
It was so OOC because due to Red Sky being all serious and whatnot (i guess) Mikey WASN'T goofing around. But all of a sudden he just.... was in this episode which was the fourth or so in the season. They kept picking on him and even when he got serious they were like 'see what you can accomplish when you're not goofing around?'. I'd be like 'well **** you too dudes.'
It wasn't so much goofing around, just that he gets easily distracted all of a sudden; even with the very active threat from HAVOC at the moment. Now that you mention it, that line from Raphael was pretty out of line for sure!! They brushed it off because of the very real threat and mystery of Titanus at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabuturtle View Post
I think another out of character moment is with Krang in the Nick episode Transdimensional Turtles. He is mostly portrayed accurately but he was trying to wipe out the turtles no matter what, even going so far as destroying entire dimensions

in the old cartoon, he didn't care about the turtles or splinter. Even when he was beaten, he was more concerned about ruling everything than revenge. I don't even think OT Shredder would do what Krang was trying to do, since Krang wants to rule, not destroy. The only thing we know he destroyed was Beserko's homeworld, so his relatives would not come after him.
I think they were trying to tie him to Krang in the Archie series. Before Trans-Dimensional Turtles labeled him a screwup, he was originally banished because he destroyed a lot of worlds. While Shredder and co. were doing their thing on Earth, Krang was off destroying worlds; including Wingnut and Screwloose's; all in search of the Turnstone. So it was out of character for OT Krang, but not AC Krang.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:41 PM   #47
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Been slowly giving the original another watch, and honestly, while he himself doesn't really act all that dumb (most of the time), it's surprising how often his brothers (esp Raph) do make jokes against his level of intelligence. Poor Mikey. lol

Shame what Nick has done though. Any dumber and he'd just be left home. Hopefully he'll regain some in the brains department someday in some other series.
Has there ever been an episode from the OT where they took a crack at Leo or Raph? For Raph, the only ones I can think of is when Don responded to him that they'll escape through the House of Ha-Has trap door and where they made fun of him as a pirate. Usually it's either Don or Mike who got made fun of.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:08 PM   #48
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, off the top of my head, I think Raph and Leo only tend to get picked on when they've got some kind of 'issue' or quirky ambition in an episode that's centered on them. Raph when he decided he wanted a career as a comedian and, I think the one you mentioned, when he got into disguises, which I think was part of a momentary wish to be a detective or something like that? Unless that was another ep. I think Leo's moments usually come when he's a little out of his mind, such as when he believed he was one of the Three Musketeers or when he was affected by some personality changing device and just wanting to goof off.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:28 AM   #49
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
One reason Fred Wolf Donatello stands out is because he has one of the biggest tempers of all the Donatello's, and he actually acts like the leader more than Leonardo in many episodes. Seriously, in almost every episode all the Turtles would turn to Donatello in how to save the day or stop something from happening, rather than Leonardo.
What I really appreciate about Fred Wolf Donatello is that they wrote him as having his own agenda and ambitions. He wasn't laid back, he was nervous, paranoid and not afraid to speak his mind. Barry Gordon did an excellent job bringing the character to life.

Quote:
Compared to 2003 Mikey 1980s Mikey is completely sane and with it.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote