The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-04-2017, 01:20 AM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's late at night, at least here in NY EST, it's 3:15am here. I imagine everyone else is asleep.
8:20am here.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:22 AM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
8:20am here.
Damn, you're 6 hours ahead. I'm going to be going to sleep in another 40 minutes, while your day is just beginning. It's so weird how time zones work.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:22 AM   #23
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Damn, you're 6 hours ahead. I'm going to be going to sleep in another 40 minutes, while your day is just beginning. It's so weird how time zones work.
Not six, but five.

And I woke up at like 6PM yesterday, so I managed to stay up all night without being sleepy.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:25 AM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yep, timezones are crazy.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:26 AM   #25
Prowler
Emperor

Imagine how hard it is for me to talk with my South Korean contact, then. At the time I'm waking up he's having dinner or about to go to bed.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:28 AM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

Why do you have a South Korean contact?
Old 04-04-2017, 01:39 AM   #27
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Why do you have a South Korean contact?
Why are you talking to me right now even though I'm from a different country than yours? You've been on the internet for years now. Don't you have e-friends from other parts of the globe? That's a pretty strange question, man. It'd be like me asking you why you have black friends(if you have them, that is) or something.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:41 AM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

I just find it strange since you made it seem like you knew him in real life. Yes we're interacting now from different countries but it's from a common interest (TMNT), or on a general forum. Your contact sounds like someone you just e-mail back and forth, I assume?
Old 04-04-2017, 01:43 AM   #29
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I just find it strange since you made it seem like you knew him in real life. Yes we're interacting now from different countries but it's from a common interest (TMNT), or on a general forum. Your contact sounds like someone you just e-mail back and forth, I assume?
Ah no I don't know him in real life. I just first "met" him on another forum because we shared a lot of interests and then just began talking. It's not liek I met him while walking my dog or something.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:45 AM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

Weird, I don't really talk to people online outside of forums and maybe some social media sites.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:46 AM   #31
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Weird, I don't really talk to people online outside of forums and maybe some social media sites.
I can almost call some people I've met in forums/communities "friends", even having them on facebook and having their e-mails. Lots of people do that, actually. But I'm yet to meet someone form the internet irl since each and every online contact I have is from a different country.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:47 AM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well yes lots of people have internet friends, but it's hard to call them "real friends" if you don't meet them in person. Or at least that's how I feel.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:50 AM   #33
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Well yes lots of people have internet friends, but it's hard to call them "real friends" if you don't meet them in person. Or at least that's how I feel.
Oh absolutely. But I've shared so many things with some of them and they've also shared so much stuff with me that it's kinda hard not to consider them as friends or borderline such. As in, if we happened to ever meet irl, I'm sure I'd become full fledged friends with them. It's funny when you think about it with some people on the internet knowing more about you than people you know irl do. It's easier to be more open online than face-to-face.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:52 AM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's also because it's easier to have a conversation of one thing in particular, whereas in real life people constantly change subjects or do things while speaking. Online you just read text.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:54 AM   #35
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
It's also because it's easier to have a conversation of one thing in particular, whereas in real life people constantly change subjects or do things while speaking. Online you just read text.
Oh definitely. Plus I'm not a very good speaker overall nor am I a very chatty person. It's a lot easier for me to articulate my thoughts through text. I definitely am a much better writer than a speaker.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:56 AM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yep. You know it's pretty funny that when people wake up tomorrow and click this thread for the first time they'd expect to see a lengthy discussion of Season 2 of TMNT, whereas the last bunch of posts are just us talking about random stuff.

It's weird how easily we drifted off topic. We're still the only two people to post in this entire thread.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:58 AM   #37
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Yep. You know it's pretty funny that when people wake up tomorrow and click this thread for the first time they'd expect to see a lengthy discussion of Season 2 of TMNT, whereas the last bunch of posts are just us talking about random stuff.

It's weird how easily we drifted off topic. We're still the only two people to post in this entire thread.
LMAO yeah. It's funny how things turn out at times, isn't it? Then again I made this thread pretty late at night when not so many people were online. I didn't expect replies until tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:59 AM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, I'm going to sleep in 10 minutes myself. I guess making a thread this late at night will lead to dead time.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:26 PM   #39
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

The Punk Frogs could have been interesting. They were shown to be pretty nice but since they were called the Punk Frogs and trained by Shredder, I always thought perhaps it'd be better if they were good guys like the turtles but rougher around the edges and be more aggressive so they can be somewhat opposite to the turtles. Kind of like a team of Casey Jones' but not as crazy and to have distinctive personalities

I often wondered if they were planning to end Shredder and Krang. I mean they were sunk in lava, and it kind of heavily implied they were killed right there. Kind of makes me wonder how the turtles can just bust in when even lava can't melt through the technodrome

Shredder acted a little more like a high ranking minion with Krang in the background like Dr. Claw, telling Shredder what to do. In the later seasons they acted a little more like partners but back then Shredder was taking orders from Krang. But it would make more sense since Krang is more intelligent, more powerful owns the techndrome as well as more territory, comes up with the most plans and has a more powerful army at his disposal.
Yabuturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:15 AM   #40
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Pretty much yeah, although there was still action in some of the episodes. It was really weird, like one episode would be all slapstick with no real fighting, and then the episode right after would have a huge fight scene. It must be because all these episodes were rushed and made at the same time by different writers and animation studios so nobody knew what was going on.
Frances Moss was in charge of the writing back then. I don't think they were really thinking about massive arcs.

Quote:
Honestly the majority of plots from the original cartoon sound ridiculous when you hear them, since most of them are parodies of old 50's or 80's movies, but when you actually watch the episodes they're pretty entertaining.
Since TMNT is supposed to be a parody the 80s cartoon works fine.

Quote:
Possibly. I wish they made a mention of where they got their old beat-up TV set from. It was an old 80's TV with an antenna and missing a leg. Don probably found it in the sewers.
I always wondered how there was electricity down in the sewers.

Honestly Season 2 in my opinion was very strong. There were a couple of weak episodes but for the most part most of the 13 from that season were pretty good. No complaints here.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote