The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Chop saki?
Leonardo 6 16.67%
Splinter 4 11.11%
Karai 7 19.44%
Team Hamato collectively 8 22.22%
Shredder himself 5 13.89%
Other 6 16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2016, 01:55 PM   #41
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Why would it be Mutagen Man. It's as if the character has been abandoned, forgotten. Him doing it would have a great impact on the show, and its fans.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:52 AM   #42
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
maybe they'll have Baxter Stinkman do it?
Old 09-08-2016, 12:55 AM   #43
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

While I think there are quite a few scenarios that could create a satisfying end for Shredder (the Turtles and their allies beating him as a team effort, Shredder causing his own death somehow), I'm going to vote that Leonardo does it:

A.) He's been linked to Shredder as a personal enemy a few times in the past.
B.) Since their both leaders of their respective sides (albeit Splinter having authority over Leo), it would be poetic.
C.) Of all the Turtles, Leo is the most devoted to the ninja way, so it would be fitting (kind of a clash between the honorable warrior and the dishonorable one).
D.) In "Spirit Quest," after passing his test with the fake Shredder, Leo said something to the effect of: "I defeated you in the spirit realm, and one day I'll defeat you in the real world."

(I don't want Splinter to do it, since it seems like the Turtles should come into their own and end the feud. Karai would be a decent choice, however, since she's a supporting character, it would feel more meaningful if the a main character -- meaning a Turtle -- "finished the game.")
WebLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:37 PM   #44
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I agree with you on Splinter. He got Shredder real bad already, killing him wouldn't do the turtles justice.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:13 AM   #45
Kingoji
Hench Mutant

I think that "who" will be subjective. Several things are already in place which could pay off in a number of ways.
Shredder's own reckless use of mutagen could destroy him. He needs it to sustain himself, yet it is now in short supply. He could simply run out and his body collapse in on him.
Or Tigerclaw, who has vocally opposed Shredder's recklessness and lack of honor in the past, may decide enough is enough and either deny Shredder more mutagen or force him to O.D. on it.
Or Karai, whilst still fighting alongside the Turtles and her real father, and whom Shredder has become even more delusional about his relationship with since injecting, could reach him with her words and influence him to end himself. This could happen from rage at her 'betrayal', or from sudden lucidity as he realises what she's saying has been right all along.
Or the more standard option, Splinter and the Turtles defeat him in combat. This last once seems least likely to me, given how things are going so far.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:24 AM   #46
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
maybe they'll have Baxter Stinkman do it?
That's something I've been thinking too, what if the mutagen was sabotaged? Why would anyone be loyal after having been transformed into a fly monster?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:40 PM   #47
Meliwen
Foot Soldier

I don't really want Leo to have any obvious 1v1 with Shredder if the other turtles don't also get a time to shine against him as well. Leo's the last character I want to see be solely responsible for Shredder's death. If it's a true team effort right to the very end that's fine, just not Leo alone as the last one standing.

But moreover I think there are other characters who deserve it more and who would benefit from it more from a characterization standpoint than what Leo would. Most notably Karai, and as repetitive as it may be, Splinter too.

If I were to give what I personally would like to see, I'd like Karai (or Splinter(or the turtles as a true team)) to be the one that is directly responsible for pushing Shredder to the tipping point from where he ends up killing himself (or they just deal the deathblow themselves).
Meliwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:42 PM   #48
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I think everyone will be involved in Shredder's defeat, All 4 Turtles, April, Casey Jones, The Mutanimals, and then Splinter delivers the final blow.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:23 PM   #49
TMNTInsighter
Banned

As fitting as having either Splinter or Karai especially would be (or even Leo since he really hates the guy too & has suffered a lot at his hand), it'd be a lot more resonant if Shredder somehow made it happen himself. If a situation does not arise for a sacrificial redemption (that sort of thing has happened in stories/shows like this before), and it doesn't look like it will happen, then it'd be about time his sins finally caught up with him.

If Karai were to kill someone, then Tiger Claw would be more fitting. It doesn't look like he'll change either, so having the former second in command who had more than the 'true father' reason to get away from Shredder--an uneasy loyalty seen in episodes like "Enemy of My Enemy" for example; knock off the current second in command who has also had an uneasy loyalty towards Shredder ("The Invasion", "Return to New York" and "Annihilation: Earth II" being my biggest examples) yet still made the choice to stay would be quite resonant as well.

Last edited by TMNTInsighter; 11-30-2016 at 04:34 PM.
TMNTInsighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 06:14 AM   #50
AlessandraDC
Thug

I say a combination of Karai, Leo, and Splinter. I think their rivalry with Shredder is the strongest. Someone mentioned before that there wasn't as much rivalry between Leo and Shredder as in other verses but it's still there. Leo was key in revealing the truth to Karai and therefore taking her away from Saki. And of course there's what happened in Invasion. I think it wouldn't be as dramatic for the other characters to deal the final blow. But I could also see Shredder self destruct since that is the path he has been on.
AlessandraDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:58 AM   #51
THGhost
Puppet Master

It should be Splinter or Karai, they deserve it the most.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:02 PM   #52
ToTheNines
[sic]

I hope this doesn't get spoiled by all this recent Korea business...
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:17 PM   #53
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I hope this doesn't get spoiled by all this recent Korea business...
I wouldn't really care.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:25 AM   #54
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
*The Shredder falls from the rooftop of a building, after having lost his final battle with the Turtles, and having lost the trust of his mutants and Kraang after backstabbing and betraying them. He wakes up after being badly injured, being surrounded by Kraang droids.

Shredder: (A look of relief) Ah, my friends

Kraang SubPrime: Friends? I thought he said we were the enemy

Kraang Prime: Thats what I heard, Kraang?

Kraang: Kraang will exterminate the one known as Shredder. Hahaha (Look of horror on Shredder's face as a large group of Kraang turn on him)

Shredder: No, no, you don't understand, I didn't mean to betray you, No! (You can probably guess what happens next)
How did I miss this!

So Shredder was kraanged in the kraang by the ones known as the Kraang.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:06 AM   #55
ToTheNines
[sic]

Forgot to bump this thread last month...

Props to Ashwolf, BubblyShell22, mrmaczaps, ninja-zero, Panda_Kahn_fan, and WebLurker on being right. The rest of us are tools.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote