The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-15-2018, 07:20 PM   #8001
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
When you have dyscalculia and a game requires you to use a function of math that's new to you.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ThinSarcas...restricted.gif

This specifically
I just tried to read that link, and my brain bluescreened.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:27 PM   #8002
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm still trying to work it out...

hello darkness my old friend...

Soooo it turns out the number you're given is deliberately incorrect and you have to let the machine in the game attempt to autocorrect you and you just use the number it gives you automatically...

Damn you, Cyan!!!

I HAD TO RESET THE GAME!!!

Got stuck in a cart, couldn't move it, couldn't get out, started a new game...still stuck in the cart!
So we had to delete all the save files and start fresh...

To my DeviantArt

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 02-15-2018 at 10:44 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:14 AM   #8003
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Goolge Images seems to have removed the "view image" and "search by image" features.

So much for just being able to see just the image itself, in it's actual full size, without having to go to some damn full website page with zero warning if the site/page itself is safe or not, and wait for it to load up if it's a slow one, NOR easily be able to find a larger or smaller version of said image (esp helpful when posting to forums imo)...

UGH. Took away two features I often used.

edit: There are articles... Great, it's due to complaints all coming from Getty Images. One site/company just ruined something good.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-18-2018 at 11:32 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:49 PM   #8004
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Flat tire #1, ran over some kind of log in the middle of the road. must have just happened.

Flat Tire number 2, just now. Pothole. Two cars down.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:15 PM   #8005
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Strained my wrist in my sleep, been hurting a bit all day and work didn't help... So rather than getting makings for lasagna as originally intended I bought wrist support wrap thing instead that could have been cheaper...
Old 02-23-2018, 09:18 AM   #8006
newfan
Mad Scientist

I know my MAC is old now but when I have a new hard drive and OS put on it in the summer I don't expect it to be dead again already. I just gotta give up on it.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:14 AM   #8007
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Looks like I'm accidentally taking the day off work. Guess I'll call shortly and call out, albeit late. Had no idea my schedule was changed and Friday was added. >.>

Stupid thing is, Fridays are when the liquidation signs are changed. I'm not always there for it, but if they want me there then Friday should be kind of a given to include it on the schedule from the get-go.

Trying not to feel guilty for not showing up today. Though I've not seen my manger since Tues. (she said nothing that day and I think I'd re-checked it as late as Tues.), I was off Wed. and she was off yesterday, so I'm thinking she changed it Wed. but didn't post up a copy or alert us to it being updated as she's done in the past, so, well... what can I say. At least they know I'd never intentionally just not show up. Still I feel bad though.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:22 PM   #8008
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I've had that happen before. Sometimes they just change your schedule and expect you to just KNOW.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:41 AM   #8009
GoldMutant
Rest. In. Peace.

I probably didn't post about this, but my first "official" film work involving theater was done a few weeks ago. It would allow our school's drama program to receive a $10,000 grant. I didn't film it because I'm not tech savvy, but I did do the written portion.

So, why post about something that was a gear grinder before? Simply put: newer information came out involving people that could've helped me, but failed. Simply put, hypocrites.

I asked this friend of mine who has done film and YouTube before. However, she said she was busy and had no time; she claimed that she could help edit my written essay. Well, I emailed her the link... she totally ignored it. Thank God I received some editing advice on the writing and another friend to record because we barely finished in time. Essentially, everyone said "It was disorganized," even though I sent an email the day I found out about the contest.

This same person threw a fit because she wants to edit the present we're giving my instructor before we leave. Despite the guy friend getting praise, she was mad because she's studying film. I am doing the same, but seriously? It's completely insulting, especially because many of the drama students did not respond with what my guy bud and I did.

Add on the fact that people on the front counter at work don't focus as well as my new manager (one of my old ones transferred) sucking, I'm on edge. I know that either in drama or at work I will snap. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.
"It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives. But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for? How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth. Even when the battle's over, and the bonds that connect us are severed... We always return... Time and time again." -Phoenix Wright
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:53 PM   #8010
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Saw the grocery store I stopped at after work finally had their 4 for $5 sale on a brand of cheese ravioli I got in on once before a number of weeks ago. Normally I think four would be like $14 or $15, so that's awesome.

After getting home I realized I did not get that deal and the amount I paid in total was a lot more than I'd expected. The kid at the register was chatty enough, I was tired from work, and used to the amount being around what I came out to that I entirely forgot it should have been about $20 less...

Ran all the way BACK intent on visiting the customer service desk, but first I figured I'd check the sale again to see if I was mistaken.

As it turns out... The bags I grabbed were, I'm now assuming, a larger quantity. (I THOUGHT they might have been a little bigger, but it's been a while so I really wasn't sure I was remembering correctly. I mean, these aren't huge either.) I HAD checked the sticker on the shelf the first time and I could not find any actual bag size listed. Checked again when I went back... still could not find a size. Apparently though, I came to figure out (and then skipped customer service) was that the bags that were actually on sale were sold out, making it impossible to know that the bags I grabbed were a larger quality and were NOT on sale at all. (Ugh. Why not?) Can't figure it out unless you've got the brains about you (which after these past three days of work I initially did not) to notice and determine that it's different sizes via the regular price on the shelf. %#@& ...Upper end of $20-something spend on those, rather than $5.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:10 PM   #8011
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Pulled a muscle in my side from coughing when I had the flu a Couple months ago, then tore a muscle in my back from sneezing while trying to protect the pulled muscle from before, then tore all the muscles on my left side chest trying to get out of bed while protecting my torn back muscle, then got costocondritis from the strain of the torn muscles.

Bought a back brace, bought a new mattress, nothing budged. Canít handle the muscle relaxers.

Been in pain. Awful pain. For more than a month now.

Dr says 120 days.

60 more to go

Sigh
Old 02-26-2018, 06:30 PM   #8012
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Owwww

That's a mega downer! My condolences

To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:38 PM   #8013
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh man, that sucks! I hope the next two months goes quick and it becomes at least more tolerable well before then.

Are any of the muscle pain relief ointments at least able to ease it some?
Old 02-26-2018, 07:33 PM   #8014
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Not that I’ve found. Aleeve is my best friend. And ginger root.

Sitting hurts. Laying down hurts. Walking hurts. Driving hurts. It SUCKS.

And I don’t even have a cool story to go with it all. Just a bunch of stupid bonehead decisions on my part trying to not aggravate a smaller injury.

I especially hate my chair at work. Hard evil chair
Old 02-27-2018, 03:15 AM   #8015
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

The neighbor dog that's been antagonizing my dog managed to get out of the neighbor's apartment 4 o'clock last night, and started the same **** against my dog through the porch door.

today my dog is a tired wreck, he's been nervous towards other dogs during walk and he didn't walk long. after 40 minutes he was dead set at going home, when we usually do 2-3 hour walks.

I really hate the neighbor dog and the owner is aincompetent owner. the dog have been escaping a lot as she leaves the porch door unlocked and sometimes slightly open, the front door have a cat door after the previous owner who's the current neighbor's brother, which sometimes is locked and sometimes not.

And it's not just attacked my dog but he's also attacked other neighbor dogs, but he got a real hate on for mine, as he'll be actively looking for my dog Loke, and will attack him if we meet him outside during walks.

And the dog's name is Donald and is like 12-13 years old which is the end date for that breed.

Honestly, we where too kind when we did not report the neighbor after Donald bit my partner so hard she was bleeding last summer, cause that's grounds enough to put down a dog in Norway.

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 02-27-2018 at 03:26 AM.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:24 AM   #8016
Shark_Blade
Raph the Big Bro

When people bring screaming kids in public places, the cinema especially.

Ready for TMNT in Injustice 2?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:17 AM   #8017
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

People who do not know how to look at a menu and order something in a semi-intelligent manner. When the entire menu (including sizes on drinks, type of sides available, etc) is right in front of you and you have to ask if we have _____(when it clearly isn't there), MAAAYBE you shouldn't be trying to order fast food. Go back to school, learn how to READ, or at least interpret a picture, and THEN come back and order. At the very least, learn the name or number of the item you are trying to order so we don't have to guess or play 20 questions to figure out what the F*** you want!!

(And contrary to popular belief, there is NO "secret menu" of items with stupid names like "Mcgangbang" or s**t like that. Those are simply regular menu items custom made for an individual who then somehow desides to give it a dumb name and expects others to know what the f*** it is just because they have ordered it that way before.)

Last edited by MsMarvelDuckie; 02-27-2018 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:21 PM   #8018
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Two days into the week (sans Sunday) and still trying to recover the catastrophic mess customers left over the weekend. Tore that store to hell. Luckily it's quieter on weekdays, but of course the ones who show up have to be those that take ZERO notice or care that I'm there trying to fix this mess and are absent of any rational thought that might suggest, "Hm, these tables look okay while the rest of the floor is a disaster. MAYBE somebody has been working hard to get it pulled back together and I should be considerate and not wreck it." NOPE. I don't know how many times I had to fix the same damn stuff after people messed it up yet again...while I was right there.

Bad enough that I twice overheard comments about how much a mess it is, while they're looking through a messy table... Then they moved on to one I'd finally gotten looking good annnnd... they wrecked part of it again. I mean, come on now! At least some people try to behave when you're right there. The others get glared at behind their backs...

edit: I went to double check my schedule, ensure that I'm still off tomorrow, and found that my password expired after I left work. And apparently it was changed so that I can't set a new password from home anymore, it has to be done via work. Brilliant move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Honestly, we where too kind when we did not report the neighbor after Donald bit my partner so hard she was bleeding last summer, cause that's grounds enough to put down a dog in Norway.
Yikes. Is there some kind of animal control that can remove the dog? No one should have to put up with such a potentially dangerous menace for so long.

And being bitten that badly... that's just asking for a nasty infection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Not that I’ve found. Aleeve is my best friend. And ginger root.

Sitting hurts. Laying down hurts. Walking hurts. Driving hurts. It SUCKS.

And I don’t even have a cool story to go with it all. Just a bunch of stupid bonehead decisions on my part trying to not aggravate a smaller injury.

I especially hate my chair at work. Hard evil chair
Bleh, any way to get a new chair? Surely that won't be helping it heal any faster. I won't even use the hard ones in our break room, I'd never be able to tolerate one like that all day long.

For what it's worth, I found that Biofreeze worked pretty well a while ago when I (I assume) I had strained my lower back. Though if I was in your position, at that point I think I'd be asking if there was anything prescription strength.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-27-2018 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:51 AM   #8019
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

Thanks to the Center Part and The Christian People Party, the Positive List of Reptiles is up to a vote to be abolished around March 9.

For 40 years Norway have had a total ban on reptiles, and after a long battle we finally got a small list of 19 animals that are legal to own, this is now at risk.

But that's not the gear grinder, oh no.

A well established reptile supplier Deactive Reptiles who owns the reptinet.no website, a company that was sitting in the middle of the side of Norway where reptile smuggling was biggest, a company that have helped with supplies, breeding and care for reptiles have completely given into greed and claim they didn't know any better.

It was reported that a company was sending reptiles in the mail, which is illegal in Norway. The Norway Post clearly states that Live Animals are not accepted, and the Law is clear in Animal Transport Section. Yet these jackwagons have been shipping out snakes during the Xmas chaos so the snakes arrived in dire conditions. So when they where reported to the Food Department who also handles animals, they found reptiles in terrible shapes at their warehouse, animals was held way below minimum temperatures, sick gravid reptiles and 3 Red-Foot Tortoises was in a really bad shape.

These charlatans are trying to avoid responsibility and accountability by claiming that since the legality of reptiles are so new they don't know what's legal or not for transport which is complete ********, and they brush it off as "not a big deal".

This is not something the reptile community needs right now with the vote for removing the positive list is coming up, and those guys was one of the bigger suppliers and they've been revealed to be trash. I'm really glad I never got around to buy anything from them.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:06 AM   #8020
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

That's just a horrible way to do business. I hope they get nailed to the wall. That sort of thing is one of the main reasons I never got into reptiles or other more unusual or "exotic" pets.