Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 11:55 AM   #2621
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAG!!! View Post
I will tell you something, I am a heavy fan of the ninja turtles, the internet will explode tomorrow, waves of criticism all over viacom for the new look of ninja turtles, they are for a new audiences (children) not for old school fans like us,

i 'm trying to like them but I cant, you all gonna hate the new look too.... they cloned the style of Genndy Tartakovsky (dexter lab creator)
What are the weird markings above Leo's eyes??
Old 01-31-2018, 11:57 AM   #2622
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAG!!! View Post
they cloned the style of Genndy Tartakovsky (dexter lab creator)
Honestly that's not that bad for an art style. He also did the 2D Clone Wars cartoon back in 2002 and it looked fine.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:58 AM   #2623
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Honestly that's not that bad for an art style. He also did the 2D Clone Wars cartoon back in 2002 and it looked fine.
Also Samurai Jack and Symbionic Titan.
There are far worse styles to emulate.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:59 AM   #2624
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't know, there was overreaction on how the Nick 2012 Turtles looked like at first, then people got used to them and liked them just fine. Remember the people having mental breakdowns over Don having a gap in his tooth, the "3 toes," or Raph having a crack on his shell or Mikey looking rounder with some freckles? I remember some people thinking tall Splinter was bad at first too, then people got used to it.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:59 AM   #2625
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
i 'm trying to like them but I cant,
Says the guy who was p*ssed at me for calling the design ugly?

Think I'll just see what comes up tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:00 PM   #2626
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
What are the weird markings above Leo's eyes??
To me it looks like the marking on a Red-Eared Slider, which I think would've been a cool idea except here its not red and is only on Leo rather than all the turtles.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:02 PM   #2627
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I don't know, there was overreaction on how the Nick 2012 Turtles looked like at first, then people got used to them and liked them just fine. Remember the people having mental breakdowns over Don having a gap in his tooth, the "3 toes," or Raph having a crack on his shell or Mikey looking rounder with some freckles? I remember some people thinking tall Splinter was bad at first too, then people got used to it.
And then some of us still hate it. There's that, too.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:02 PM   #2628
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I think the only really valid complaints to be made about the designs is that it reinforces the BayTurtles' designs in future incarnations. If the BayTurtles stood alone as just this odd duck, freakish 2 movie thing that came along and failed itself into obscurity, that'd be one thing... but if it's joined by a whole animated series sharing the same designs? Now it's two things, and now it'll be that much harder to get away from going forward.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:05 PM   #2629
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
And then some of us still hate it. There's that, too.
They look fine to me overall.

The Nick designs had the perfect look for a show aimed at kids while also keeping them recognizable and true to their designs. Also now the IDW comics mimic the Nick 2012 designs, so how do you feel about that?
Old 01-31-2018, 12:09 PM   #2630
Ectomane
Random Punk

Honestly, I'm think I'm more curious about how they'll look in toy form. Gotta sell them toys!

Old 01-31-2018, 12:11 PM   #2631
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
They look fine to me overall.

https://www.childrensmuseum.org/site..._GroupShot.jpg

The Nick designs had the perfect look for a show aimed at kids while also keeping them recognizable and true to their designs. Also now the IDW comics mimic the Nick 2012 designs, so how do you feel about that?
Not everyone shares the same views, I can see a few on here didn't like them. I loved them, as I've said enough already
Old 01-31-2018, 12:12 PM   #2632
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Says the guy who was p*ssed at me for calling the design ugly?

Think I'll just see what comes up tomorrow.
That was my first reaction too.

what's with the complete 180 in reaction? from 'stop hatin' to 'I dislike these designs too?'

now it seems like we are entering more troll territory than plant territory.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 01-31-2018, 12:17 PM   #2633
AquaParade
Banned

Honestly, that Leonardo head looks completely fine. In fact, it looks like a Dan Duncan drawing, mishapen head and all.

Look, I get the disdain for cheap animation. It's pretty much the reason I don't watch modern action cartoons or even the D.C. animated releases - What's the point in watching a cartoon if the animation itself is shoddy? Isn't that the main attraction?

That said, judging character designs for a cartoon without having seen them in motion is like taste-testing cookie's when they're still just balls of dough waiting to be cooked. Sometimes the characters can look simplified/awkward, but it really pays off in motion and wins you over. See Spectacular Spider-Man.

I'm not counting on the animation to look great either, just making a point.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:20 PM   #2634
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Honestly, that Leonardo head looks completely fine. In fact, it looks like a Dan Duncan drawing, mishapen head and all.

Look, I get the disdain for cheap animation. It's pretty much the reason I don't watch modern action cartoons or even the D.C. animated releases - What's the point in watching a cartoon if the animation itself is shoddy? Isn't that the main attraction?

That said, judging character designs for a cartoon without having seen them in motion is like taste-testing cookie's when they're still just balls of dough waiting to be cooked. Sometimes the characters can look simplified/awkward, but it really pays off in motion and wins you over. See Spectacular Spider-Man.

I'm not counting on the animation to look great either, just making a point.
I know its said to be the devil of health and all, but I love cookie dough

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:22 PM   #2635
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's fair. Though if he's a marketing PLANT, he would only have access to the specific materials provided to him at any given time.
Exactly. Like a pink spoon marketing from an ice cream shop. Just pushing their cart around the drome handing out free samples. What’s that old saying no such thing as bad publicity or something. Got to get a new show buzz going.

An actual leak would be something big about the show. imo

I would believe plant, troll and then leak. In that order.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:24 PM   #2636
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Even if it had been the perfect adaptation it was going to get bashed by people because the 2012 show was cancelled in favor of it.

I just hope they go full on crazy, if they try to keep it conservative and different it never works out since it's neither one thing nor the other. They should already know they'll lose most of the "hardcore" audience so try for the blue ocean strategy.

I just hope that even if it's very simple plots good vs bad, that at least its fun to watch. It can be done, I loved Krypto the Superdog and that was aimed at very young kids yet more entertaining than some of the other stuff DC was putting out at the time like the later seasons of The Batman/Legion.

Quote:
The Nick designs had the perfect look for a show aimed at kids while also keeping them recognizable and true to their designs.
The Nick designs are not that crazy, they're fairly conservative. Donnie is the only one they took a few more liberties. They're pretty good designs, though their preview designs and the 2D artwork looked much better.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:29 PM   #2637
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Even if it had been the perfect adaptation it was going to get bashed by people because the 2012 show was cancelled in favor of it.
It was going to conclude anyway. Even if they didn't intend to wrap up the show in 5 seasons, ratings were in the toilet.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:43 PM   #2638
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

The Nick designs are not that crazy, they're fairly conservative. Donnie is the only one they took a few more liberties. They're pretty good designs, though their preview designs and the 2D artwork looked much better.
So true. I'd have liked to see those designs used in more traditional looking animation.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:43 PM   #2639
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It was going to conclude anyway. Even if they didn't intend to wrap up the show in 5 seasons, ratings were in the toilet.
people where already bashing the nick toon in season 3.

I'm just glad that mess is over. and waiting for this thing that looks like a mess to hopefully have just as short a run time. until we get something that isn't a complete rehash of what's come before and at least tries to do something new that feels like it FITS. Story and animation wise.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 01-31-2018, 12:51 PM   #2640
newfan
Mad Scientist

Sorry to keep the trail off going...While I get that people drifted from 2012, I still give some credit for the ratings to Nicks airing schedule, I was always constantly having to look and check to see when new eps were on. Thank goodness all tv shows aren't scheduled like that. Not sure if that's a Nick thing or kids network generally. ANyway, I'm sure the new show will air properly while it is new, if it isn't for me (or my children), at least it won't be a pain trying to keep up with it later on
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters