The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-09-2019, 03:50 AM   #8461
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The right side of my laptop screen has a few big scratches in it from my kittens going amok.

It's mostly cosmetic - the touch screen still works in the scratched areas. But it still looks obnoxious. And will definitely damage my ability to get a good price on the laptop if I ever have the chance to sell it.

Speaking of kittens, I have a baby that's refusing to wean off the bottle; he's way too big for it now, but he hasn't gone off as well as my other kittens at his age.

At least all three little ones are starting to get onto some solid food, including him.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:57 AM   #8462
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I'm looking at new AC adapters since my monitor's one craped out (apparently a common issue with Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q..?)

So on a Norwegian website, the ac adapter I have costs about $74.

So I looked for cheaper options and found a cheap Upright ac adapter for less then $10, but... With shipping, value added tax and customs handling it'll be more expensive then the one on the Norwegian website at $77...

Guess I'll have to look at the upside, I just ahve to wait 2 days instead of 2 weeks for a new adapter lol
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:16 PM   #8463
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Only a grind in that I know it's going to annoy me every time I forget my reusables until I get back into the habit of it... but note that Walmart is supposedly doing away with their plastic bags. Won't even have paper ones. There's nothing unless you take your own. So either keep some in the car or get used to taking a loose pile of goods to your car via cart.

My sympathy to those who often buy a full cart's worth and don't have any bags with them...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:21 PM   #8464
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

That's lame. the store I work in have recycled plastic bags, so they are more green then paper bags.

Buuut, thanks to couch activists who have a layman knowledge at best and think paper = good, now we have introduced paper bags. They cost more then plastic bags and are less eco-friendly, it's kinda funny seeing who buys them.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:25 PM   #8465
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Sheesh, I hope not. I don't have the reusable ones, and since I walk.... might have to bite the bullet and get a few.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:37 PM   #8466
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, I assume it may happen sooner in some places than others, depending on the amount of bags a store has left.

Mine still has some, but the last couple of times I did notice the amount in the self checkout is getting scarce, and the the time before that an employee was handing out bags to who needed them from a handful she had... Thought it was odd and maybe they were just short, but one of them told my mom today that they're doing away with them.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:41 PM   #8467
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Is that everywhere, though? Ours still seems to have plenty. I know certain states are looking to ban them, but ours isn't one of them, so.... (Yeah, Texas is far from the "greenest" state. In fact I recently saw an article about protesters of pipeline construction and frakking getting arrested. Totally UN-ecofriensly here!)

Old 06-12-2019, 02:51 PM   #8468
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

True, it could be state based. Supposedly our stores around here are expected to switch to paper by 2021, but that Walmart isn't even doing that... I dunno.

6/15 -- Handle strap came off the little bag I use for my work device... Put it back on this morning and wasn't entirely easy to get it popped back on so I thought it would be fine, but I guess I should have left it off as it now somehow disappeared at some point while working. Went and checked around both stores and the parking lots, but couldn't find it. Only the handle strap, but used it and I want it back, dammit.

The fact that it wasn't able to be spotted just laying somewhere around the areas where it could have come off makes me think someone or their damn kid swiped it. Which just jabs at an old scar from middle school and a little purse that vanished and never turned up and wondered then and all the years since what awful person my personal belongings ended up in the hands of...

Scratch that, I found it. After a third, and figured would-be pointless look in the car, but from the passenger side... Was deep down in a pretty good hiding spot.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-15-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:46 PM   #8469
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

No thanks to my kittens, my laptop has a long scratch down its screen. It doesn't do anything to hurt the touch screen, but it's really obnoxious looking.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:22 PM   #8470
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Idiots who feel the need to comment on a fb post with nothing but hate-speech, false accusations, playing a victim card, and finger-pointing, when their entire argument rests on provably and objectively biased views. Had a "friend" basically show his true colors as a chauvanist and a moron today, on several fronts. I'm about ready to unfriend him, since he verbally face-slapped me by bringing up my daughter's adoption in a totally insulting way. Judgemental, asinine jerkoff....

Old 06-20-2019, 08:53 PM   #8471
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wow. If karma was real, well good luck to that jerk.

Why is my package in Ohio...? Shipped out of VA, only had rather short trip to make to DE and tracking shows it at a local facility this morning...and then almost 9 hours later is shows up in Ohio. Wtf.

I've had one in the past coming out of Jersey that skipped past and end up in the the Midwest then turn around and come back, but I've not had one that actually got here and leave again. Hm.

I want my wall decor fish, darn it. Look how cute this is. So many colors and patterns it was hard to choose, but the calico reminds me of a little one I had, sans telescope eyes.

Old 07-01-2019, 03:44 PM   #8472
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Found out last night that a co-worker from my previous job passed away back on June 9th. Sweet lady in her 80s. Feel bad that I didn't know sooner and had not looked at FB much in a while (saw it there last night), though ran into a couple of other former coworkers from the same job today and was able to chat with them for a minute. Seems she did the all too common thing where they fall down and that just ends up leading to their demise.

Sad, but at least it wasn't anything leaving her laid up in long term care or anything; being someone who was still independent and working at 83 she'd have hated that.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:05 PM   #8473
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

That you cant even watch **** Simpsons w/o them trying to force gay agenda on you
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:35 PM   #8474
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Who the hell has a god damned baby shower on a Sunday night with loud music and a mechanical bull.

That sounds like the most random thing ever, and maybe I don't get it because I'm white, I dunno, but why could this not have been, oh, I dunno, scheduled in the afternoon or on Friday or Saturday?? Not Sunday evening/night. Going by the music and the family setting up the mechanical bull, this party didn't even start until around 6:30pm. Two hours later it's still going strong.

And my tolerance for intrusively loud music pretty much doesn't exist. Esp at this kind of hour. I DID want to watch the rest of Stranger Things, but I guess my own plans are ruined with that crappy background noise. I hate people...
Old 07-07-2019, 10:30 PM   #8475
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Wow, that's like asking who has a wedding at a bowling alley.

People who live in this area of Ft Worth do.

(My brother's girlfriend works/used to work at a bowling alley where the bride gave her a trashy look for something inane and it's just like...you're the one having a wedding at a bowling alley.)

Food looks good, though.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:45 AM   #8476
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Geez, who does that? Why would you even have a mechanical bull at a baby shower, of all things, anyway? The mom-to-be can't even ride! That's just redneck idiocy. And I LIVE in Texas, which is about as "redneck-stupid" as you can get. Im starting to think my state's proximity to Arkansas is causing a severe increase in inbred dingbats.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:02 PM   #8477
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Right? I'd seen the couple taking a large rolled up something off a small trailer and after wondering what the heck the other thing was that I was looking at it dawned on me that it was the back end of a mechanical bull. A little speechless.

The rolled up thing turned into a blowup "corral," so that's kinda neat I admit, but still... soooo random.

Luckily the party quieted down shortly after 9pm (but still, Sunday night, come on), though it culminated in a few fireworks before ending. >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Wow, that's like asking who has a wedding at a bowling alley.

People who live in this area of Ft Worth do.

(My brother's girlfriend works/used to work at a bowling alley where the bride gave her a trashy look for something inane and it's just like...you're the one having a wedding at a bowling alley.)

Food looks good, though.
I didn't even know that bowling alleys come in a "classy" variety.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:54 PM   #8478
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

They do if you're in the ritzy side of Ft Worth lol .

(my brother actually works at the martini bar across the street from Pinstripes...only went there for Mother's Day brunch.)

And don't get me started on the dog park in the same area.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:33 PM   #8479
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Cowtown is a bit weird, though, even for us Texans. I avoid Ft Worth, for the most part. Dallas has the better night life, skyline, and food/entertainment venues. Also, Deep Ellum.... (the "trendy" club/shop area of Elm St.) And shopping! All the little wholesale shops and restaurants on Harry Hines- I especially love browsing through Sam Moon. Ft. Worth has- the rodeo and the cattle drive thing. That's about it. A nice zoo, but the city just seems so hick-ish compared to its sister city. Dallas is like the rich uncle, while Ft. Worth is more like Uncle Eddie....

Old 07-08-2019, 04:39 PM   #8480
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm usually not in Dallas just because it's so far to drive for me lol. Took Ceres to the Perot Museum and the Ft Worth Museum...we COULD have gone to Perot first, but I think it was a better way to end the trip, since it is a much better museum in retrospect. Just never a place my family went growing up because of the distance, so I'm not familiar with it.

(Ft Worth Zoo has literally been ranked as 4th best in the nation though, especially after all the renovations it's completed. Need to go see those...No way it's ever going to top the likes of Columbus, St. Louis, or San Diego, but it's still really cool. Not sure why the Dallas Aquarium isn't in the ranking, because that is also awesome)