The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-02-2020, 03:27 AM   #1921
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
ya that was in interesting episode. part of me thinks chibnall needs to be fired asap. but I love this version of the Master
He's channelling part Sims, part Delgado, and I do like the fact we've brought the tissue compressor back as well.

Spoiler:
It still didn't completely explain why the Doctor that Whittaker encountered, who can presume don't know because of memory wipe now, had a police box TARDIS in the same manner. Unless the Doctor had her last memory wipe ON Gallifrey, respawned as Hartnell and ended up going back to the same machine after escaping, ably directed by Clara. Although that whole arc is put in a new perspective now, as surely Clara would and could have appeared in places that the Doctor can't remember.
Old 03-02-2020, 05:35 AM   #1922
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Finale has aired. There will be a festive special called "Revolution of the Daleks"

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?artic...wkOFthLZ9aIMhY

Spoiler:
The Doctor is officially non-Gallifreyan and William Hartnell is no longer the original Doctor, she comes from another dimension, she crossed over from the Boundary as a child and was discovered by a traveller who found she had infinite regenerative capability, which she used on herself and from there helped shape the entirety of Time Lord society.

The Time Lords were all converted to Cybermen by The Master, but Ko Sharmus managed to blow them and the Gallifreyan capital up with a death particle detonator.

The Doctor intended to sacrifice herself and sent the fam home in another TARDIS, when Sharmus sacrificed himself, she then used another TARDIS to escape Gallifrey and return to her own..but then she was confronted by The Judoon and arrested, and is now imprisoned on an asteroid prison
I kinda fell of fun the show at the tail end of Capaldi's run, I just can't Moffat as a showrunner and got a bit burned out. But a friend of mine is still following and he's having a huge rant about this

Spoiler:
I bet it's a "you are your own grandpa" scenario and they'll reveal that the Doctor is still Gallifreyan.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 01:04 PM   #1923
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I kinda fell of fun the show at the tail end of Capaldi's run, I just can't Moffat as a showrunner and got a bit burned out. But a friend of mine is still following and he's having a huge rant about this

Spoiler:
I bet it's a "you are your own grandpa" scenario and they'll reveal that the Doctor is still Gallifreyan.
Spoiler:
Maybe Gallifreyan in a parallel universe, but not this dimension
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 03:04 PM   #1924
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Mirror reporting that Bradley and Tosin are out at Christmas, Mandip is unfortunately a lock for series 13.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...-quit-21618111

Jo Martin also got the cover of this month's DWM. I'm very certain she's our next Doctor now and will debut officially in the special, so Yaz will have an elder Doctor to play off of
Old 03-02-2020, 03:30 PM   #1925
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Mirror reporting that Bradley and Tosin are out at Christmas, Mandip is unfortunately a lock for series 13.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...-quit-21618111

Jo Martin also got the cover of this month's DWM. I'm very certain she's our next Doctor now and will debut officially in the special, so Yaz will have an elder Doctor to play off of
I really hope Jo Martin is the next Doctor she is fantastic in the role. Sucks Graham is leaving if true he was my favorite. Ryan was a dud and Yaz was dull
Old 03-03-2020, 10:25 AM   #1926
ZariusTwo
Overlord

News now is that Bradley and Tosin might remain with the show, but strictly on a recurring basis.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...-cole-leaving/
Old 03-21-2020, 07:38 AM   #1927
ZariusTwo
Overlord

New Who content coming today because everyone will be rewatching The Day of the Doctor on social media, a new introduction has been put together written by Steven Moffat and featuring a fan favourite character.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...ew-doctor-who/
Old 03-21-2020, 01:25 PM   #1929
Jazzfox
Thug

Seeing Strax there is like the brightest part of my Doctor Who experience of the last several months, lol

I feel sad how much I've missed him and some of the Davies/Moffat era Who stuff, but I'm trying not to bash the Chibnall era so much

(Also, hi, longtime Whovian and as you may tell, was a little let down by most recent series, happy to have somewhere to talk about the more fun aspects of the show instead of the drama =D)

(Please excuse any long time in replies, sometimes offline for long periods!)
Jazzfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:28 PM   #1930
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So it's come to light that a prequel to the first episode of the revival was made for the 50th anniversary and was, for some reason, held back...now they're releasing it this Thursday as a bonus for the global rewatch of 'Rose'. celebrating 15 years since the show came back

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a31914...l-release-bbc/
Old 03-24-2020, 03:29 PM   #1931
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
So it's come to light that a prequel to the first episode of the revival was made for the 50th anniversary and was, for some reason, held back...now they're releasing it this Thursday as a bonus for the global rewatch of 'Rose' for the 15th anniversary of Nu Who

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a31914...l-release-bbc/
oooh wonder if this will show War Doc regenerating into Ecelleson before he heads to earth to deal with the Autons
Old 03-26-2020, 03:38 PM   #1932
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
oooh wonder if this will show War Doc regenerating into Ecelleson before he heads to earth to deal with the Autons
Turns out the Rose prequel was a prose piece written by Davies. At the time he didn't know about the War Doctor or Night of the Doctor, so this serves as an alternative conclusion to the war and features Eight's regeneration into Eccelston

https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwh...d-1c16cd065614

Follow-up story to 'Rose' detailing what happened afterwards

Old 03-27-2020, 08:30 AM   #1933
Jazzfox
Thug

Gah, feel so bad I didn't join in with everyone watching, but thanks again for sharing these lil nuggets, I'll have to sit and rewatch in my own time, but I find it hard to describe the joy and giddiness of just watching the Dr Who crew throwing little lifelines out into the water for fans to hold onto as everything goes crazy all about

The description of the time war is as bonkers and horrific as I could have wanted and never imagined alone, and I'm happy enough to consider all of that in my head what may have been before things worked out as they did with 10 and 11 =B

(Please excuse any long time in replies, sometimes offline for long periods!)
Jazzfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 08:34 AM   #1934
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
BBC Studios is pleased to announce that Doctor Who will be the focus of a multi-platform story launching later this year. Time Lord Victorious will see partners including Penguin Random House, Doctor Who Magazine, Titan Comics, Escape Hunt, Big Finish Productions, Eaglemoss Hero Collector, Immersive Everywhere, Maze Theory, BBC Books and BBC Audio, unite to tell a brand new Doctor Who story.

Time Lord Victorious will launch later this year, with products and experiences scheduled to launch over a twelve week period.

Time Lord Victorious will tell a new and untold story, set within the Dark Times at the start of the universe, when even the Eternals were young. Following several Doctors across space and time as they defend their home planet from a terrible race, this is a story like no other.

The story will feature the Eighth, Ninth and Tenth Doctors, companion Rose Tyler and monsters including the Daleks and the Ood, with more to be revealed over the coming months as products are announced.

James Goss, Producer, said: "BBC Studios’ Doctor Who licensees have come together to tell an amazing epic – one that’s full of monsters, fun and heart. All strands of the story unite into a mighty patchwork that ranges from one end of the universe to the next. There's more to be revealed, but the enthusiasm and ideas which the licensees have come up with are breath-taking. It's going to be such fun."

Further information about Time Lord Victorious can be found on DoctorWho.TV, where a timeline of product releases will be collated as products are announced.
https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/tim...form-adventure
Old 06-04-2020, 01:47 AM   #1935
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So the last of the Doctor Who lockdown watchalongs have been cancelled due to issues concerning the George Floyd protests...

The episodes they were going to run on Saturday were World Enough and Time, and The Doctor Falls. Episodes which see a black woman shot and then converted into a Cyberman who's emotional outbursts are used as a weapon to protect white people.
Old 06-17-2020, 01:33 PM   #1936
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Doctor Who can?t be made ?to the current standard? under social distancing, says BBC Wales boss
BBC Wales Director Rhodri Talfan Davies has cast doubt on whether Jodie Whittaker will be back filming new episodes anytime soon.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...ng-guidelines/
Old 06-17-2020, 01:45 PM   #1937
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Doctor Who can?t be made ?to the current standard? under social distancing, says BBC Wales boss
BBC Wales Director Rhodri Talfan Davies has cast doubt on whether Jodie Whittaker will be back filming new episodes anytime soon.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...ng-guidelines/
The BBC formerly throwing in the towel after the backlash using Covid as an excuse.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:13 PM   #1938
neatoman
Emperor

So I recently heard of the revelation that the Doctor is the original timelord and all the others are clones...

... I mean... Really? What the timeshit?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:34 PM   #1939
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I really hope to see Whittaker's Doctor get a conclusion. The stuff people have b*tched about for the last two years is no more nonsensical than anything Moffat did.

I almost stopped watching completely during the Eleventh Doctor era, and even the weakest Chibnall produced episode doesn't close to that level of irritation, at least not for me personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:07 AM   #1940
ZariusTwo
Overlord

For anyone curious, Big Finish's Missy spin-off series has resolved the mystery of what happened after Missy died in The Doctor Falls

Spoiler:
Missy did indeed regenerate at the end of 'The Doctor Falls', she does this by creating an Elysian field around herself which triggers a new regeneration cycle, the process destroys what is left of her body, but a back up of her conscience is preserved and integrated into her new one upon successful regeneration.

Missy becomes a 'purely good' female incarnation and rechristens herself The Lumiat. She becomes very much her own nemesis, travelling back along her timeline and thwarting Missy's schemes. The Lumiat is ultimately killed by Missy and regenerates again

Tags
doctor cuck, doctor karen, progress, rtd2, toxic masculinity