The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-03-2019, 05:09 PM   #721
Tmntfan4life
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKatana View Post
Yeah, I’m on vacation now and there’s no Five Below around me, where normally I’d have been out hunting for them
I looked for them at a five below near me and they were not their :'( hopefully they show up soon or someone sells it on eBay I really want those figures
Tmntfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:17 PM   #722
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Yeah I feel like it might be a week or two tops to find. I’m guessing these are just hitting. Typically when stuff is released to Five Below in the past it doesn’t take too long to be everywhere.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:39 PM   #723
Tmntfan4life
Random Punk

Quote:
Yeah I feel like it might be a week or two tops to find. I’m guessing these are just hitting. Typically when stuff is released to Five Below in the past it doesn’t take too long to be everywhere.
I hope so fingers crossed 🤞😁🤞🐢🐢🐢🐢
Old 08-04-2019, 02:42 AM   #724
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Hopefully I’ll be home by tomorrow and maybe have some time to hit the store before they close
Old 08-04-2019, 07:21 AM   #725
Tmntfan4life
Random Punk

Quote:
Hopefully I’ll be home by tomorrow and maybe have some time to hit the store before they close
Please take pictures if so and if you dont mind
Old 08-04-2019, 11:36 AM   #726
Hero
British Bloke

Originally posted in the UK Sightings Thread.

The Donatello Bug Buster Vehicle Set is listed on Amazon UK for an Aug 26th stock date.

A sign of things to come. Perhaps Playmates are holding out until the 'Ber' Months for new Rise toys.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:30 PM   #727
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nothing better to do, so I ran by my Five Below. Sadly they had everyone but Leo, else I'd have probably grabbed him and have a better comparison to show, but here is Five Below Raph alongside the regular basic and battle shell Leo to help give some kind of idea. (The Mikey and Donnie were probably close in size the regular basic Leo.)

Very basic articulation at just the shoulder and hip as I'd expected. The head however does have a tiny bit of swivel to it, so I guess there is a similar joint as the regular figures? But with no other Raph to compare with I can't guess on the fit for exchanging parts.

In terms a plastic, they feel like kind of like an in-between the regular figures and kid's meal toy figure plastic. Heavy duty enough I think he'll be fine in the hands of my 3-year-old nephew who I intend on giving him to.

Hope this helps at least a little.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-04-2019 at 01:43 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:43 PM   #728
Tmntfan4life
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Nothing better to do, so I ran by my Five Below. Sadly they had everyone but Leo, else I'd have probably grabbed him and have a better comparison to show, but here is Five Below Raph alongside the regular basic and battle shell Leo to help give some kind of idea.

Very basic articulation at just the shoulder and hip as I'd expected. The head however does have a tiny bit of swivel to it, so I guess there is a similar joint as the regular figures? But with no other Raph to compare with I can't guess on the fit for exchanging parts.

In terms a plastic, they feel like kind of like an in-between the regular figures and kid's meal toy figure plastic. Heavy duty enough I think he'll be fine in the hands of my 3-year-old nephew who I intend on giving him to.

Hopes this helps at least a little.

https://i.imgur.com/69Wi0tL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/paA3dtG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1tFLDln.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9FMhwbs.jpg
Holycow that raph looks fantastic thanks so much for the pictures I really appreciate it, the info you provided definitely helped me on how I feel about these figures so thanks again
Old 08-05-2019, 03:42 AM   #729
ERICKANA666
Random Punk

Should i wait any longer to see if albearto and lientenant figs hit my stores in canada, waiting since january, or just buy the duo on ebay, double price ?
Sometimes i want to jump the gun and go for ebay, but im sure after i will see the set everywhere, its always like that for me

And by the eay do you think they will ever relese the hippo, the spider that we sae protos a ehile ago
ERICKANA666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:24 AM   #730
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Nothing better to do, so I ran by my Five Below. Sadly they had everyone but Leo, else I'd have probably grabbed him and have a better comparison to show, but here is Five Below Raph alongside the regular basic and battle shell Leo to help give some kind of idea. (The Mikey and Donnie were probably close in size the regular basic Leo.)
-Snipped for brevity-
Weird! I don't think they have any of those around here, but I've heard of discount stores getting 5 PoA like, Marvel Universe and stuff that doesn't show up at other stores back when they still made those. I've never seen any myself, though. Discount stores around here blow.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:29 AM   #731
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Just seems interesting how Playmates slipped these into the market while the core line is drying up of any new releases, and has been all year.

I think they are resigning to the idea that Rise of the TMNT is mainly attracting interest from kids on the younger end of the spectrum, with little interest from older kids or adult collectors.

You may say that was the point all along, and in fact it has been stated as such numerous times from official sources even before the show premiered, but if you look at the toys Playmates is putting out for the show, it doesn't necessarily reflect a focus on a younger audience, as they are just repeating the same formula for their toys as they have already been doing for many, many turtle shows and movies.

At least this product is directly targeting younger kids at a lower price point and more durability (with less articulation and paint too, naturally)
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:32 AM   #732
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

That's probably the best Rise Raph head sculpt from Playmates by date, and it's a cheaper 5poa figure
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 10:56 PM   #733
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

No sign of these yet at my Five Below, hit a couple this afternoon
Old 08-05-2019, 11:02 PM   #734
Shark_Blade
Emperor

These look so cartoon accurate
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:32 AM   #735
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
These look so cartoon accurate
Yeah, I just saw even Andy Suriano give compliments about them on Instagram
Old 08-06-2019, 09:52 AM   #736
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Oh wow, thanks for all the pics, IndigoErth!

I am tempted to snag these if they come to my local Five Below. What I like most about that Raph is the fact he doesn't have those obnoxious belt clips that get in the way and look crappy overall. That's an eyesore on both the Mikey and Raph Rise figures.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:44 PM   #737
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

No problem, guys.

If anyone finds Leo, I wouldn't mind seeing pics and see if he might be worth checking my store again later in case they restock.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:52 AM   #738
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
No problem, guys.

If anyone finds Leo, I wouldn't mind seeing pics and see if he might be worth checking my store again later in case they restock.
Darsa blen unga forp wahn, sib alpor fang gol 7 81
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0zrAXEgHsq/
Old 08-07-2019, 06:24 PM   #739
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Tried another Five Below and they only had Leo and Mikey (about 2 of each), so I picked up both. I’ll try to take pics once I get them all.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:51 PM   #740
Tmntfan4life
Random Punk

Quote:
Tried another Five Below and they only had Leo and Mikey (about 2 of each), so I picked up both. I’ll try to take pics once I get them all.
Awesome can't wait I bought them recently from eBay since I went to five below 2x this week and nothing so hopefully they come in soon I'm so excited 😃

Tags
2018, action figures, playmates, rise of the tmnt, toys