The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-23-2015, 02:24 PM   #421
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
So is Volume 3 non-canon or does it take place in a alternate storyline (ala The Dark Knight Returns)?
It was written as a canon continuation of Volume 2. Nothing that happens in Volume 4 contradicts it either.

Also Peter Laird has no say on the franchise anymore, so what he thinks is canon or isn't doesn't matter.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 04:27 AM   #422
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It was written as a canon continuation of Volume 2. Nothing that happens in Volume 4 contradicts it either.

Also Peter Laird has no say on the franchise anymore, so what he thinks is canon or isn't doesn't matter.
Doesn't mean much when the people with the final word don't care.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:06 PM   #423
Powder
So tired of this place

Doesn't mean much when the fans don't care who has the final word.

If you go by Pete's personal feelings, half the books we've ever gotten don't count. Where's the fun in that?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:04 PM   #424
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
it’s unfortunate when creators sometimes to try to revise something created years ago when they were in a completely different place mentally.

some of these ‘years later’ revisions to me just seem like unnecessary after-thoughts.

he probably shouldn’t have continued the original continuity? would have made it a lot easier on himself and fans as well had he just re-booted the series.

wether it's canon or not? i still love and enjoy TMNT vol.3.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:41 PM   #425
miru
Mad Scientist

Since the final two image issues were put in, any plans to include “Odyssey” on the timeline? I don’t really think Vol 1 issue 18 would do any harm if added into the timeline. Would place it sometime between the Utrom arrival and Splinter’s passing.

EDIT: When "Origin" is finished, maybe it and the backup story included could be added in?

Last edited by miru; 09-08-2018 at 09:30 PM.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 03:42 PM   #426
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Man it's sad that Peter laird lost interest in finishing volume 4 leaving it on permanent hiatus.
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:52 PM   #427
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
Man it's sad that Peter laird lost interest in finishing volume 4 leaving it on permanent hiatus.
I agree
want more closure in the story here
Old 01-21-2019, 05:00 PM   #428
Red Robin
Foot Soldier

Well, we have a big anniversary coming up in may this year.
And when these happened Pete always had something for us.
I still hope he will have a new issue, TPB collections or something else special for us.
Would be awesome.

Last edited by Red Robin; 01-22-2019 at 12:46 AM.
Red Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:25 PM   #429
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Robin View Post
Well, we have a big anniversary coming up in may this year.
And when these happened Pete always had something for us.
I still hope he will have a new issue, TPB collections or something else special for us.
Would be awesome.
To tell us that it would be the end of Mirage TMNT for good. I mean he said he had the right to make 18 issues after he sold the franchise and he only made four issues since only 14 issues and it would be the last time we ever see the mirage tmnt. After that I think Peter Laird would retire alongside Mirage comics for good.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:09 AM   #430
Red Robin
Foot Soldier

Quote:
To tell us that it would be the end of Mirage TMNT for good. I mean he said he had the right to make 18 issues after he sold the franchise and he only made four issues since only 14 issues and it would be the last time we ever see the mirage tmnt. After that I think Peter Laird would retire alongside Mirage comics for good.
Mirage can publish 18 books per year.
Red Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:23 AM   #431
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Robin View Post
Mirage can publish 18 books per year.
We already have 4 books and only 14 issues left at this point.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:09 AM   #432
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
We already have 4 books and only 14 issues left at this point.
no its a per year basis not a lifetime limit I believe as Robin above said.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:12 AM   #433
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
no its a per year basis not a lifetime limit I believe as Robin above said.
But it's been so long since and Peter laird hadn't wrote mirage in while since 2014. Peter had the option to make a couple more mirage issues but we haven't seen them since.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:47 PM   #434
Sharman
Foot Soldier

One can only hope that PL resumes interest at some point to continue the Mirage story.
Sharman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 11:06 PM   #435
DK2
Stone Warrior

I'd like to think Peter will do it soon for Vol. 4's conclusion. But who knows? It doesn't look like it. I mean has anyone gone to the Mirage website? As of the end of May, Dan Berger says Peter won't sign stuff anymore from their store purchases. He's hardly ever at the studio these days. I mean that just seems harsh to hear. Yet the only person that has said anything about Vol. 4 is Jim Lawson. He's mentioned that occasionally whenever he's with Peter, he always gets asked if he'll still draw Vol. 4 whenever/if Peter gets on it again. Jim always says yes, he'll do it. But thats really up to Peter. I don't want to sound morbid but what if anything ever happens to either of them? Then we'll never have an ending. Its just like when Peter mentioned he didn't travel much with his wife because of his thing about airplanes. He said that to the Mirage guys and they said to him your thinking makes no sense. What if something happened to your wife on the plane? Your saying its OK she goes on a plane but you don't go with her? I think that kinda tells what Peter meant about needing to patch up his relationship with his wife with the Turtles consuming his life for a time in their lives which it sounds like it had. He said things were better for them not being busy with Turtles anymore. Which is good for them and totally understandable. But will Vol. 4 ever have its conclusion?
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:19 AM   #436
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2 View Post
I'd like to think Peter will do it soon for Vol. 4's conclusion. But who knows? It doesn't look like it. I mean has anyone gone to the Mirage website? As of the end of May, Dan Berger says Peter won't sign stuff anymore from their store purchases. He's hardly ever at the studio these days. I mean that just seems harsh to hear. Yet the only person that has said anything about Vol. 4 is Jim Lawson. He's mentioned that occasionally whenever he's with Peter, he always gets asked if he'll still draw Vol. 4 whenever/if Peter gets on it again. Jim always says yes, he'll do it. But thats really up to Peter. I don't want to sound morbid but what if anything ever happens to either of them? Then we'll never have an ending. Its just like when Peter mentioned he didn't travel much with his wife because of his thing about airplanes. He said that to the Mirage guys and they said to him your thinking makes no sense. What if something happened to your wife on the plane? Your saying its OK she goes on a plane but you don't go with her? I think that kinda tells what Peter meant about needing to patch up his relationship with his wife with the Turtles consuming his life for a time in their lives which it sounds like it had. He said things were better for them not being busy with Turtles anymore. Which is good for them and totally understandable. But will Vol. 4 ever have its conclusion?
Probably maybe but it would be the conclusion of the mirage continuity for good and since we got the conclusion of the image run now maybe we can get the finale of the Archie comic series next
Old 05-12-2020, 12:07 PM   #437
rs_jr
Random Punk

I hope eventually IDW gives us nice hardcover collections of the whole mirage universe TMNT ( I hope they fellow the timeline here and get all the stories including the obscure ones).

I also hope it’s in black and white and magazine size ( though I think IDW don’t usually like black and white comics )
rs_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:43 AM   #438
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

I wonder how with the world in crisis cuz of the covid-19 virus incidents would mirage be disbanded?
Old 09-07-2023, 03:18 AM   #439
Manolo01
New Recruit

I haven't done a full readthrough of the timeline yet, but so far, it holds up really well. That said, there are at least two stories I'd shuffle for the time being.

People have already mentioned this, but yeah, The Survival Game really should go after Not Forgotten. The turtles going further into the sewers unsupervised is portrayed as a big deal for them. Meanwhile, The Survival Game features them up above without a lot of fanfare. It'd be better to have The Survival Game take place just after Not Forgotten, when no supervision becomes the norm.

Then there's Turtle Dreams. I don't think its placement is bad; I just think it reads a little odd where it is. The story ends with Leonardo having a wound on his chest, and Turtle Dreams starts with one of the turtles also having a wound on his chest. Having never read Turtle Dreams, I genuinely thought Leonardo was still the wounded one. It wasn't until they mentioned Mike's name that I figured it out. It was a little jarring. To be fair, it's not a huge deal, but just two stories later, Michelangelo is healed just fine. I think this story is better served being placed after The Paradox of Chudnovsky. As it stands, immediately after Chudnovsky, we get the Casey/Raph bonding stories. Placing Turtle Dreams in between Chudnovsky and Raph's stuff leaves Mike out of the comic long enough to recover. Fun with Guns specifically takes place in August 1985, and the next time we see Mike as far as I can remember is in Apparition, which probably takes place in October that year. Given that Complete Carnage an' Radical has no set month to take place in, Mike has at least 2-3 months to heal from his injuries, which is plenty of time. Plus, there's no confusion about which turtle is hurt, unlike in its current spot.
Manolo01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comics, timeline, tmnt entity