The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-29-2017, 02:10 PM   #1161
Allio
Foot Elite

well if they are the jedis, then that already gives them more of a background than Snoke.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:40 PM   #1162
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Do you guys think the "Knights of Ren" are the Jedis that Ben took?
Could be, but I don't think anything is really going to be done with them. There's one movie left. You could make it work if you gave them a decent amount of screentime, importance and plot, but the last film is going to have a lot of other stuff to deal with, so I wouldn't bank on it.

It's probably something that will be left to outside material.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:50 PM   #1163
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since Abrams came up with the Knights of Ren they'll mostly likely be in the last movie. I'm not sure what people expect though, they're probably just Kylo's trusted bodyguards or something. We'll probably just get a cool fight scene with Rey killing them all in the last movie, similar to the fight with the Imperial guards in Snoke's throne room.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 03:31 PM   #1164
Vegita-San
Emperor

didn't they directly state in the movie that kylo took the other students with him? I thought it was all but given that they where the knights of ren.

I've asked this two times before in other places, and not one person who claims that this series is going in new and dangerous directions can really tell me what those directions are.
and twists on old ideas that we havn't seen ON SCREEN don't count. anything not on screen the books covered.

except for perhaps the light speed ram.

Last edited by Vegita-San; 12-29-2017 at 05:27 PM.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:03 PM   #1165
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
No I noticed.
Both comments were inappropriate given the source of the photo.

Unless of course the former comment were coming from someone of age-appropriate.
Inappropriate?

I looked at the picture for 5 seconds and don't care enough to know about the source of the picture to guesstimate the age of girls who could easily be girls I'm not attracted to especially when they could easily be attending University, oh yeah and they're fat.

My post was meant to troll you and vegita and keikaku doori but if you're going to imply sh-t you can f-ck off.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:07 PM   #1166
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Mark Hamill Says Disney Has Never Told Him What to Say About 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/1...mments-disney/

"I'm really enjoying the conversations about #TheLastJedi both Pro AND Con," Hamill wrote on Twitter. "Everyone's entitled to their own opinion-but let me make one thing perfectly clear: Neither @Disney or #Lucasfilm has ever complained or told me what to say-EVER."
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:14 PM   #1167
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I do think Disney put a gag on Lucas, they likely called him after those initial comments of TFA, look at how vague his comments were after that initial shade he threw at Episode VII, for Rogue One and The Last Jedi, he never mentions "oh I liked it" but instead of "It was shocking and I didn't expect it" or stuff like that.

no way he likes the current product, even if the current product was good he'd probably be hating it as well if they didn't use his notes.

Disney probably didn't think Ford/Hamill would be problems, they were likely more worried about Carrie Fisher doing something that would give them bad PR, also Hamill being Luke Skywalker there was little Disney could do to shut him up when he doesn't seem to care about money but speaking his mind. Lucas on the other hand is a Disney shareholder and friends with them.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:17 PM   #1168
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Mark Hamill Says Disney Has Never Told Him What to Say About 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/1...mments-disney/

"I'm really enjoying the conversations about #TheLastJedi both Pro AND Con," Hamill wrote on Twitter. "Everyone's entitled to their own opinion-but let me make one thing perfectly clear: Neither @Disney or #Lucasfilm has ever complained or told me what to say-EVER."
As Long as Mark Hamil is luke skywalker, or has a chance to reprise him, disney owns his comments....probably under contract.

He may not have said that he outright hated it, BUT he DID suddenly say 'I regret my comments became public'. AFTER a HUGE weekend drop in box office.

AFTER about a month or trashing this version of luke skywalker on talk shows.

No Tin Foil hat needed to figure out what went on here. the timing is all just too odd
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:34 PM   #1169
CyberCubed
Overlord

What on earth are you talking about? Mark Hammil likes his role in the movie, he just said he was surprised Rian went in that direction with him being in a dark place.

Mark Hammil's twitter has been plenty open with his thoughts on the franchise, nobody is "silencing" him. Stop coming up with conspiracy theories for a 66 year old semi-retired actor who came back to acting for the fans.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:08 PM   #1170
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
No I noticed.
Both comments were inappropriate given the source of the photo.

Unless of course the former comment were coming from someone of age-appropriate.
Definitely inappropriate
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:17 PM   #1171
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What on earth are you talking about? Mark Hammil likes his role in the movie, he just said he was surprised Rian went in that direction with him being in a dark place.

Mark Hammil's twitter has been plenty open with his thoughts on the franchise, nobody is "silencing" him. Stop coming up with conspiracy theories for a 66 year old semi-retired actor who came back to acting for the fans.
I don't think he "came back to acting for the fans". He never stopped acting in front of the screen. He just found more work as a Voice Actor opposed to live action. If someone called him up and asked him to do a role he would likely have went for it. He is type cast as Luke Skywalker so getting live-action roles hindered his ability until he found second life as a VA and ran with it to great success.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:54 PM   #1172
CyberCubed
Overlord

That's what I meant, he always did voice acting for cartoons (most notable being The Joker of course), but he was in hardly any big live-action movies for decades. He mostly did short cameo roles like his brief scene in Jay and Silent Bob strike back:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/mark_hamill/

My favorite non-Star Wars movie with him was "Corvette Summer" which he made way back in 1978 right after the first Star Wars. It was interesting to see him go do a romance/on the road movie right after he became famous.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:46 PM   #1173
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I just saw it finally I loved it. Had no problem how Luke was done.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:53 PM   #1174
CyberCubed
Overlord

Some people wanted Luke to go Super Saiyan 3 or something and use the Force to blow all the AT-AT's and Storm Troopers away with one force palm or something. Or pull a Star Destroyer out of the sky.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:46 PM   #1175
Allio
Foot Elite

I personally would have just liked him to have something like saber wounds, like the damage still transferred over to him.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:39 PM   #1176
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Some people wanted Luke to go Super Saiyan 3 or something and use the Force to blow all the AT-AT's and Storm Troopers away with one force palm or something. Or pull a Star Destroyer out of the sky.
Something like that would have been nice.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:45 AM   #1177
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'm looking around on Facebook and in the comments of news articles and I'm seeing more and more a disturbing narrative developing.

OP: "This movie really sucked."

Replier: "You're an old fogey! Let me guess, you wanted an Empire Strikes Back remake, didn't you???"

* cue a bunch of other people chiming in, agreeing *

OP: "No, not at all. I just didn't feel like the story went anywhere and nothing was explained from the last movie and it doesn't leave me interested at all in seeing what happens next."

Replier: "It's because you love the EU books, I bet! Or want it to be like the OLD Star Wars! This is the NEW Star Wars!!!"

And so forth and so on. I don't know if this is just a growing defense mechanism of the "new fans," studio PLANTS or what, but it's a little discouraging to see. I actually liked the movie but I can see why large portions of it don't hold water.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:51 AM   #1178
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'm looking around on Facebook and in the comments of news articles and I'm seeing more and more a disturbing narrative developing.

Replier: "You're an old fogey! Let me guess, you wanted an Empire Strikes Back remake, didn't you???"

* cue a bunch of other people chiming in, agreeing *

OP: "No, not at all. I just didn't feel like the story went anywhere and nothing was explained from the last movie and it doesn't leave me interested at all in seeing what happens next."

Replier: "It's because you love the EU books, I bet! Or want it to be like the OLD Star Wars! This is the NEW Star Wars!!!"

And so forth and so on. I don't know if this is just a growing defense mechanism of the "new fans," studio PLANTS or what, but it's a little discouraging to see. I actually liked the movie but I can see why large portions of it don't hold water.
It seems people can't be allowed to dislike, or like something that others feel opposite about.
Was it you who posted that a similar thing is happening with the new Star Trek series? I can't remember. Also, this new and old, sure, new movies and direction but they had been using the old characters and finishing their stories.

Last edited by newfan; 01-04-2018 at 11:07 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:56 AM   #1179
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Maybe had the OP started with why the movie didn't work for them, rather than just going the crap-post "It sucked," they wouldn't have found themselves in that thread.

Want nuance, bring nuance.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:03 AM   #1180
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Which is odd, because this movie already felt too much like a remake of Empire
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
notmyskywalker, star wars, subvert expectations, the last sjw