The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-05-2007, 10:09 PM   #241
Thwomp
Random Punk

Since we're on the topic of weapon sizing, I'd like to throw out that a correctly sized sai, from tip to tip, should (approximately) reach from the crook of your elbow to the end of your middle finger. In some pictures it may seem like Raph's got some monster-sized daggers, but they actually are proportioned close to the real thing.
Thwomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:11 AM   #242
mikey2007
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwomp View Post
Since we're on the topic of weapon sizing, I'd like to throw out that a correctly sized sai, from tip to tip, should (approximately) reach from the crook of your elbow to the end of your middle finger. In some pictures it may seem like Raph's got some monster-sized daggers, but they actually are proportioned close to the real thing.
yeah, that is right, i did some research on them when i decided to buy a set of my own (man i love them things! they look spectactular mounted on my wall)

i also got a bo (which is my height 6'0) like they recommended, and nunchukas....but i dont have a very good sword to represent leo's yet (still looking), lol if anyone has any ideas on where i can get one that looks like leo's, let me know .....i know its off topic, but i'm pretty random like that, lol

"i just love hide-n-seek, don't you?" -mike
mikey2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:02 AM   #243
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Ninja View Post
I know I usually draw him that way these days.

I personally think Don would need one - or at least a better (or existent) "sheath" to hold the bo. Anyone who's tried (...) knows a polished stick is not going to stay in your belt very easily... especially when he's trying to hold it against a hard, convex surface (his shell, that is).

Thanks for making my day! This has got to be one of the funniest paragraphs I have seen on this board.

If only it did take just a plain belt to hold a stick in place!

But really, without a second strap to hold the top part of the Bo, wouldn't it be swinging in all directions?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #244
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

My brother has a bo staff which he got after he got his black belt. It is the traditional height of 6 feet. He got it when he was about 5'6". It is a nice piece of wood. It looks relatively similar to Donnie's in that picture.

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #245
AquaParade
Banned

So this was confirmed as the 40 minute trailer or whatever it was shown at some press conference right?

Basically, does that mean that the last picture ends at about 40 minutes in? So I could look at all these pics, and not basically know the ending, or latter part of the movie...right?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #246
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

I bought a nunchaku, a sai and a bo... I'm only 5'0'' so the bo is a little long for me... I need to cut a foot off. The sai I bought is a little too small (I didn't do my research) but then my brother bought another for me or a good size. And lighter for some reason. Also, my nunchaku is cushioned and hollow... I don't even know if you can get real wooden nunchaku in Canada. Someday I'll actually put together a full TMNT arsenal.

My brother has a beautiful ninjato... it looks like Leonardo's but with a black blade, and some dragon carvings in the hilt. I seem to be able to find the same one everywhere. Eventually I will get two of them, without the black blades... it's gonna take a lot out of my wallet, though.

And Thwomp, I agree that Raph's sais in the new movie look to be the right length... they just seem a little wide to me. Do you see that?

Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:47 PM   #247
Thwomp
Random Punk

Oh, absolutely. They don't look similar to the ones used in the live-action movies - more like from the cartoons.

BTW, I've found that www.tigerstrike.com has a pretty good selection of various weapons, including those used by the TMNT, if anyone's interested. Or even www.swordsonline.com if you're looking for ninjato/katana like Leo's.
Thwomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #248
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underoath740 View Post
So this was confirmed as the 40 minute trailer or whatever it was shown at some press conference right?

Basically, does that mean that the last picture ends at about 40 minutes in? So I could look at all these pics, and not basically know the ending, or latter part of the movie...right?
No no no. The 40 minute showing was NOT to the press, it was to people who are working on the movie.

The pictures could be from any part of the movie.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:44 PM   #249
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior

according to Kevin the pics were the result of a miscommunication as to what was suppose to be the release of promo images. Makes since considering all the pics were pulled only for a few of them to be re-released this week. He also mentioned that some of them were unfinished shots.
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:44 PM   #250
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underoath740 View Post
So I could look at all these pics, and not basically know the ending, or latter part of the movie...right?
As far as we know, yes. Only two of the monsters are shown in any of the images, and we know there are supposed to be 13.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblaze View Post
[Director, Kevin Munroe,] also mentioned that some of them were unfinished shots.
True. But, I smell misdirection. The logical choice is that he's referring to the pic where Leo's reflection is missing. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he's trying to throw us off the trail and that boy-crazy vampire gave Leo a kiss. But, inversely, I also wouldn't be surprised if I'm full of it.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:23 PM   #251
Quiet_Guy
Foot Soldier

After looking at those pics of Raph's and Leo's battle on the rooftop, I almost get the feeling that Raph may have stabbed Leo due to the look on Raph's face. It's a look of like oh no what have I've done.
Quiet_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:29 PM   #252
Warhorse
Emperor

That fight is anybody's guess. There are pics of Leo and his broken swords. Raises many questions.

All I know is, March 23rd can't get here sooner!
Old 01-06-2007, 11:29 PM   #253
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet_Guy View Post
After looking at those pics of Raph's and Leo's battle on the rooftop, I almost get the feeling that Raph may have stabbed Leo due to the look on Raph's face. It's a look of like oh no what have I've done.
Nah, remember, this is PG, no blood. Also, I don't think he stabbed him, but rather, is about to, then he realizes what he's doing.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:31 PM   #254
Warhorse
Emperor

^You mean kind of like what Raph almost done to Mikey in the 2k3 toon, Meet Casey Jones?
Old 01-06-2007, 11:44 PM   #255
Roseangelo
Emperor

MovieWeb has reposted five of the leaked photos, this time with captions (so they were likely officially released by WB).

The most insightful of the captions, IMO, is with the picture of Don and the phone, even though it's easy to assume that he did not just have a happy conversation.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:10 AM   #256
VGiselleH
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
If no one else does it sooner, I WILL be when I get home later tonight.

(Well, I'll be doing it anyways; I'll post the addy here if no one else does.)

Thanks to the folks who sent me pic 104!

Edit: Ok, nevermind, I had to figure out a way to get it all home anyways, so here you go:
hxxp://www.megaupload.com/?d=8AHQ2RIH

Copy/paste and replace the Xs with Ts.
Thank you so much!! I got there a day too late, so was really happy when I saw that! ^_^

I love basically all of the pics with them together, like at the table, or on the rooftop. I made pic 29 my desktop (Don and Mikey listening to something Leo is saying while Raph looks ahead), I love the promise of interaction here, and the expressions on Don and Mikey's faces.

Thanks again for putting them up! These images really make me excited to see the movie ^_^
VGiselleH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:48 PM   #257
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
^You mean kind of like what Raph almost done to Mikey in the 2k3 toon, Meet Casey Jones?
Yeah, exactly.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #258
Warhorse
Emperor

I was watching the trailer again, and looking at the pics. There is a part in the trailer when Raph is in his Nightwatcher gear, and whipping his chain bull whip, and then you see like these spear things hitting into the ground, or roof top, or what ever that is.

But this scene seems to be shown almost before the Leo and Raph show down. What do you think is happening?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:19 PM   #259
Roseangelo
Emperor

When he is whipping the chain, I am quite certain that is when he's fighting Leo on the rooftop (pics 113 & 114).

The spike things I believe comes from just before Leo starts to chase Raph through China Town (right after he leaves the diner). See pic 99. Not sure what the spikes are from, though...
Old 01-08-2007, 10:59 PM   #260
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior

I was trying to find new stuff on you tube when I came across this. I don't understand the language but they have some clips from TMNT. Mainly trailer clips but you do see some Leonardo animatics and some storyboards of what looks to be Leo vs Raph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsEWzNvohEc
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote