The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-22-2017, 11:15 PM   #1
Coola Yagami
Overlord

So what did we take away from this series?

Now that the series is near its end... what did it actually do? What did it really bring to the table for future incarnations?

I mean the OT brought in a lot of memorable characters as well as dimension x and the whole 'rule the world with the technodrome' deal.

The mirage comics brought in the silent partner/Northampton retreat/return to New York story as well as the Triceratons and Karai and whatnot.

The 2K3 series brought in Hun, more focus on the Purple dragons, Bishop, and the battle nexus.

What exactly did this new series bring? Just more grotesque mutants and that psychic April storyline? What story did this series introduce for the next one to adapt? I just don't see the next big tmnt show recreating the psychic April plot or bringing back dogpound and fishface.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:23 PM   #2
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

what we took away from this series is its not that important to Nick and they put it on stupid long breaks and allow South Korea to air episodes months in advance.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:29 PM   #3
Penst0ck
Thug

I could see characters like Tiger Claw show up in new incarnations. This show was a real love child of all the different universes of turtles there have been. It showed just how much material tmnt has for an abundance of stories and characters to tell, and the pool has only gotten bigger because of it.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:42 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

This thread is absolutely absurd. Also nobody better post any end of Season 4 spoilers in this thread from the last 4 episodes or risk getting banned.

In any case, the Nick cartoon successfully introduced a whole new gen of kids to TMNT. In terms of characters, Tigerclaw, Fishface and Bradford/Rahzar have all been standouts and will probably continue to future incarnations. Some of the secondary mutants have been fun as well, such as Snakeweed.

It also brought back and reinvented tons of old characters, like Lord Dregg, Armaggon, all the Mutanimals characters such as Mondo, Slash, etc, the Punk Frogs, Bebop/Rocksteady, etc, etc.

It did exactly what it was supposed to do.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:22 AM   #5
snake
Disgusting

It was an enjoyable love letter to TMNT as a whole. I think we can take away the first season as some of the best TMNT media around, or atleast in my opinion it is. Season 2 onwards has some cool stories that any fan of the franchise will like.

IDW will probably be more "influential" to future incarnations though.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:59 AM   #6
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

it hasnt even officially been confirmed that there arent gonna be more seasons after season 5
Old 01-23-2017, 01:55 PM   #7
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This thread is absolutely absurd. Also nobody better post any end of Season 4 spoilers in this thread from the last 4 episodes or risk getting banned.
You can get banned for posting spoilers?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:00 PM   #8
Jephael
That whack job behind you

You can get banned?

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:25 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Yes? Why wouldn't you? The mods already banned at least two people a week ago for it.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:32 PM   #10
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
It seems so for the episodes who first South Korea, until they air in the USA.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:34 AM   #11
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
what we took away from this series is its not that important to Nick and they put it on stupid long breaks and allow South Korea to air episodes months in advance.
With the breaks, Nickelodeon can make even more money on it over a larger time without producing new episodes. Instead of season 4 airing over one year, it was spread over two. Market like two seasons, for the price of one!
Old 01-23-2017, 01:32 PM   #12
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

One thing that must be kept in mind is that the Nick series was made after 4kids and FW. While it does mean that Nick can correct the mistakes made in the prior shows, there is also alot more pressure on Nick to be original while still staying true to what made tmnt great. Drift away too far and you will be accused of being unfaithful. Stay too close and you will be accused of not being original enough. And despite the high expectations, I think this show was absolutely fantastic and that there's alot to take away from it. I would say this even if season 4 was the end.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 05:06 PM   #13
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Now that the series is near its end... what did it actually do? What did it really bring to the table for future incarnations?

What exactly did this new series bring? Just more grotesque mutants and that psychic April storyline? What story did this series introduce for the next one to adapt? I just don't see the next big tmnt show recreating the psychic April plot or bringing back dogpound and fishface.
it showed five people where running it and not one really knew what it wanted to be. it was too big an investment to mess up in it's first outing, so they tried to make it everything at once and hope something stuck.

which, IMHO, sadly it didn't.

about the only thing good this series gave us was TigerClaw. FishFace and DogPound COULD have been great in their human forms....once they became mutants, not so much and basically got forgotten about.

everything else has basically been a retread, in some cases done better elsewhere.

cue cubed insult right a bout now. start that drinking game, fellas
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 05:08 PM   #14
Overlord

Tigerclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
about the only thing good this series gave us was TigerClaw. FishFace and DogPound COULD have been great in their human forms....once they became mutants, not so much and basically got forgotten about.
I like Tigerclaw as a mutant, not the other two.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:20 PM   #15
Overlord

Quote:
Bebop and Rocksteady are also OK as mutants.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:20 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Why the hell do you keep saying "basically forgotten about?" What the hell does that even mean when they constantly appear in almost all the Shredder related episodes?

Quote:
cue cubed insult right a bout now. start that drinking game, fellas
That's because you constantly prove you have no idea what you're saying in regards to this show.

It's hard to believe you're in your mid 30's too, all you do is whine about a kids show.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:48 PM   #17
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:

It's hard to believe you're in your mid 30's too, all you do is whine about a kids show.
And you are a 30 year old man who thinks it's pure spun gold?
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:04 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
And you are a 30 year old man who thinks it's pure spun gold?
You don't see the difference between someone who spends so much time purposely hating on a show and whining on it constantly and continually doing it for years, over people who like and enjoy the show?

I mean I don't get this logic. Usually when I don't like shows I simply stop following them and stop talking about them.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:48 PM   #19
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
You don't see the difference between someone who spends so much time purposely hating on a show and whining on it constantly and continually doing it for years, over people who like and enjoy the show?

I mean I don't get this logic. Usually when I don't like shows I simply stop following them and stop talking about them.
Yeah, it's a really retarded way of thinking. This is what I've been saying for years in numerous other threads.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:28 AM   #20
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:

I never understood this myself. If I lose interest in something, I generally just stop frequenting sites or message boards focused around said things. I would probably stick to the general parts of the board that discusses many things other than what I lost interest in. Feels like a waste to sit around complaining about something you don't like or have control over. If a person can't find happiness from watching/reading said thing, why bother continuing with it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Bebop and Rocksteady are also OK as mutants.
Yeah, they are. I really like them. It's surprising since I wasn't fond of them being added to the cast of mutant henchmen, but I was glad that they were forced and stuff.

Last edited by ssjup81; 01-28-2017 at 02:36 AM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote