The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-06-2016, 05:02 PM   #1
ernesth100
Thug

Tmnt 3???

So if they decide to squeeze out a third after this films tenure is done. What do you expect for a final plot? Kraang and Bebop/Rocksteady and Casey Jones and returning Shredder didn't draw alot of money. And those guys are the hugest components in turte mythos lately.

So what could possibly ensure Turtles 3 is at the very least a minor success. Here's the two plots I'm thinking of.

-Mutant War: Shredder has been mutating humans into animals and the turtles defeated some and befriended thers. It all leads up to Shredder engaging in a big war between the good mutants and the bad that even Splinter joins in on.

-Triceratons Invade: So keep the mutant war side plot but more cut down, mid way through the film and mid fight the Triceratons invade forcing all the mutants and even Shredder underground. The two sides must team up to defeat the Triceratons and send them back where they came. Which they do, Shredder attepts to double cross but the Turtles expected abandon him on the Triceratons ship letting them take him off into space.

Just incase they wanna do any sequels obviously Karai takes over the foot clan swearing vengeance on the turtles for her fathers loss.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:04 PM   #2
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

TMNT 2 left it open for a sequel since.
Spoiler:
Shredder was frozen and put in the Technodrome, and then the Technodrome and Krang was sent back into Dimension X.

So I don't think we seen the last of them, hopefully this means we get to see more Karai this time, cause she would lead the Foot Clan.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:10 PM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'm kind of expecting Shredder and Krang to make another attempt. The plans (what ever they even were) were foiled far too fast and easy.

It might do them some good to try a bit more continuation rather than only attempting to wave something entirely new in the audiences' faces each time. Familiarity could help people be curious enough to find out what happens next.

Yeah, putting Karai in charge and giving her more to do than stand around looking like a mannequin would be good.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:15 PM   #4
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernesth100 View Post
What do you expect for a final plot?
The first two movies didn't have a plot. Why would the third?

Old 06-06-2016, 05:17 PM   #5
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I'm kind of expecting Shredder and Krang to make another attempt. The plans (what ever they even were) were foiled far too fast and easy.

It might do them some good to try a bit more continuation rather than only attempting to wave something entirely new in the audiences' faces each time. Familiarity could help people be curious enough to find out what happens next.

Yeah, putting Karai in charge and giving her more to do than stand around looking like a mannequin would be good.
Yeah, Karai would take charge of the Foot Clan, She would break Bebop and Rocksteady out of Jail, and then figure out how to bring Shredder back.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:18 PM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

If the early numbers are anything to go by, they're most likely not going to continue this series.

If they do... I'd assume it would tie-in to Baxter's work in Japan but sequels in Bay productions tend to follow up on things nobody cared about while retconning huge parts of the story established in the previous movies, they did it here too.

As an example, here's how the reasons for Megatron going to earth in the Transformers movies kept changing:
  1. He went there to get the Allspark so he could create new Cybertronians
  2. Actually no, he went there to turn the sun into Energon for the Fallen
  3. Who's the fallen? No no no, he went there to negotiate with Sentinel Prime
  4. Can't remember if it was related to his arrival on Earth but now there's the Seed, a device that does pretty much the same thing as the Allspark but is not the Allspark, pretty much retconning the purpose of the Allspark

I bet that in the one coming next year, it's revealed he stopped by on earth to get some ice cream and didn't realise the polar ice caps weren't ice cream.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:23 PM   #7
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

TMNT 2 takes place exactly 2 years after the 1st one, so it would take another 2 years for a TMNT 3, if they decide to make it.

The 1st film was made in 2013 and released in 2014.

TMNT 2 started filming in 2015 and released in 2016

So if they greenlight the third, they have to film in 2017 and it would come out in 2018.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:37 PM   #8
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
TMNT 2 takes place exactly 2 years after the 1st one, so it would take another 2 years for a TMNT 3, if they decide to make it.

The 1st film was made in 2013 and released in 2014.

TMNT 2 started filming in 2015 and released in 2016

So if they greenlight the third, they have to film in 2017 and it would come out in 2018.
What in the world?

I thought OOTS takes place 1 year after the 2014 film.

The time between release dates doesn't mean the same amount of time has passed in the movie-verse.

There is also no requirement that a 3rd movie would have to come out 2 years later just because the 2nd one did.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:42 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, there doesn't have to be a set schedule like that so I wouldn't assume. If there's another it could be a while until we even hear about plans for it.

Though if I recall it was clarified a while ago that this one was intended to exist in real time, taking place now in 2016.

Edit: Although... they had a Halloween parade, so... are they ahead of us? o.O
Old 06-06-2016, 05:43 PM   #10
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
What in the world?

I thought OOTS takes place 1 year after the 2014 film.

The time between release dates doesn't mean the same amount of time has passed in the movie-verse.

There is also no requirement that a 3rd movie would have to come out 2 years later just because the 2nd one did.
In interviews, they said the movie takes place 2 years after the 1st one.

The scene where Vernon is being interview during a basketball game, it does the thing where it mentions 2 years ago Vernon saving New York.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:54 PM   #11
Allio
Foot Elite

Bring in Agent Bishop. They have Bebop and Rocksteady so have him extract purple ooze from them in an attempt to have a mutant army for the future in a fight against Krang, but of course, things go wrong.

TMNT III: Mutants in Manhattan
Old 06-06-2016, 06:05 PM   #12
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

With Shredder out of the picture, it would probably be some sad attempt at a City Fall-type story, where it would make sense for Karai to take charge. Completely with a sad attempt at Northhamption, with Shredder and Krang trying to reopen the portal sprinkled in.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:05 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
I'm trying to remember; when the Technodrome got sucked into dimension X, did anything surrounding it in the city get sucked in? I'd just assume bebop and rocteady's container got sucked in, too, setting up the status quo from the OT with the four (Krang, Shredder, Rocksteady, bebop) stuck in dimension X.
No, nothing else got sucked in. Bebop/Rocksteady weren't even anywhere near where the Technodrome was.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:11 PM   #14
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
I'm trying to remember; when the Technodrome got sucked into dimension X, did anything surrounding it in the city get sucked in? I'd just assume bebop and rocteady's container got sucked in, too, setting up the status quo from the OT with the four (Krang, Shredder, Rocksteady, bebop) stuck in dimension X.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
No, nothing else got sucked in. Bebop/Rocksteady weren't even anywhere near where the Technodrome was.
Wait, did we leave off with them still in that container? o.O

Hopefully Casey remembered and went back later to show the police where they are.

Hm.. third film. He goes back, but they've escaped. Dun dun dunnn...repeating plot devices.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:30 PM   #15
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Wonder if they will travel back in time to japan in order to fight a british giuy holding a birdcage. For some reason, id be really curios to see how bay handles that story.

But in all seriousness, hamato yoshi needs to be added into this universe and the third film could use time travel to go into the foot clans origin in 9th century japan.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:39 PM   #16
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
But in all seriousness, hamato yoshi needs to be added into this universe
They didn't do it for the first two, what in hell makes you think they'd do it for this ever increasingly unlikely third movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:45 PM   #17
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
They didn't do it for the first two, what in hell makes you think they'd do it for this ever increasingly unlikely third movie?
It wouldn't even make sense at this point. Hamato Yoshi is the foundation of the story, and to try to retroactively add him to the third movie would be so awkwardly shoehorned in that there's no way it will come across well.

...huh, now that I put it that way, they probably will do it.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:49 PM   #18
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
It wouldn't even make sense at this point. Hamato Yoshi is the foundation of the story, and to try to retroactively add him to the third movie would be so awkwardly shoehorned in that there's no way it will come across well.

...huh, now that I put it that way, they probably will do it.
And before anybody says "but reincarnation!!!1!"

Stop.

That's not happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:22 PM   #19
Shark_Blade
Emperor

There's scenes that feels like The Dark Knight in Out of the Shadows.

The third film maybe will feel like Dark Knight Rises.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:24 PM   #20
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
There's scenes that feels like The Dark Knight in Out of the Shadows.

The third film maybe will feel like Dark Knight Rises.
Which scenes exactly? And in what regard?

Tags
tmnt 3