The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy having a screen cap thread?
Yes very much, keep it up 360 93.26%
No I'm sick of seeing pics and they take forever to load 5 1.30%
U guys have way too much time on your hands 21 5.44%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2005, 05:51 PM   #201
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist

Leo from Exodus:

Orochi Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 05:55 PM   #202
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist

Old 04-17-2005, 08:24 PM   #203
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant

LOL, I forgot about Casey hiding in the hotel room! I'm imagining him thinking, "Okay, I can't see them, so they must not be able to see me, right? Maybe I can disappear into the carpet if I hold my breath..." I still laugh out loud just looking at it.

Quote:
Man...it's easy to forget the turtles are so SHORT!

You see 'em doing all this amazing stuff...and then they're only like four feet tall. Not that it matters...it's just a little odd.
Well, it does depend on who's drawing them, too:

They even drew Karai taller than Saki earlier, and I don't think that's the case.

More from Exodus:

As you may imagine, I have about a bazillion shots from the dialog between Leo and Karai, so PM me if you want something different.

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Aska_Badoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 10:36 PM   #204
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Anyway, cartoons are weird that way.
*smirks* The animators have height charts to keep the scale consistant, but after a while those kinda go by the wayside (you can only keep so many model sheets and stuff at your desk before you can't find the desk anymore! And looking at it all the time slows your production speed). I don't even think the people who think up the actual feet/inches height for propaganda stuff actually look at the charts, anyway. :p I doubt April is really 5'8".

Transformers was about the most extreme for scale differences that I've seen, personally. Having humans and giant robots in the same show was a wide range, and the same robot (of average height, since they were all different scales even among themselves) could appear 15' tall, or up to 35', depending on the shot. I've never seen any height charts for the show, but I can't believe they wouldn't have them. They obviously rarely followed them, but.. *shrug* :p

Apologies to everyone else in the world that's not American; I need to learn my metrics.

LOL, that poor guy clinging to Leatherhead's tail... (another TF reference I thought of: any fans remember the movie, with the casettes clinging to Perceptor? I can think of some incidents in Gargoyles, too, but I thought I'd give you guys a break with those references for awhile. )

Was it this shot, Doppleganger, or another one?

The Venus Project

'Geek' pic by Allie
Old 04-18-2005, 12:27 AM   #205
Ryona

This is cute to me for some reason!

Please! More Karai and Saki pics! I love to see them in those charming outfits!
Old 04-18-2005, 07:06 AM   #206
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger55
Thank you Orochi! Um...what I meant from Leatherhead blocking Shreddar was when Shreddar tried to run for the ship and Don and Leatherhead blocked his path and then Don said something along the lines of covering "the back way."

But you've done more than enough. These are great! Thank you! Thank so much.
I must have skipped that one. Here are a few caps from the scene that I think you mean:

This is the scene that Don says "Thought you might try the back door":

Here he says "Thats why we're here":

Old 04-19-2005, 09:47 AM   #207
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger55
On the height scale issue. I can really see what you mean. If you look at Orochi's pics of Leatherhead he looks very squat there. Especially in this one.

Again thank you guys for the wonderful Leatherhead pics.
They only take a few seconds to fix so if anyone wants me to fix any of the caps I posted already let me know.

Old 04-19-2005, 11:29 AM   #208
Kali
Inactive Moderator

As to bows and arrows, I learned naturally (as opposed to any formal training,) and I admit I hold the bow more like Splinter does in that shot. In fact, I had someone try and correct me once, telling me I was doing it wrong. I went right ahead and hit the target dead on. Of course, I do put the arrow head on the other side of the bow.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:15 PM   #209
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Oh! I didn't think anything was wrong with it until Aska mentioned something about them having to squash the image because of the shoutouts. I'm just making you do extra work. I apologize.
Sorry, guess it's my fault. I obsess too much over little things. :p

Karai follows Leo down the secret entrance chute, and they start to go in separate directions, but they pause for a moment and give each other this look. What does that mean? *scratches head* Probably willing each other to leave Saki alone/get rid of him, I guess.

The Venus Project

'Geek' pic by Allie
Old 04-19-2005, 10:28 PM   #210
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aska_Badoura
Karai follows Leo down the secret entrance chute, and they start to go in separate directions, but they pause for a moment and give each other this look. What does that mean? *scratches head* Probably willing each other to leave Saki alone/get rid of him, I guess.
From his expression, Leo is clearly telling her he's not playing games with her anymore. This is it; "do or die." It's time to make the final decision, and she looks sort of torn.

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:19 PM   #211
Garou
On a X-Men: Evo trip!

I know we're talking about a pic on page 29, but does anyone have the extra clip on the seventh DVD, the one where Don chases Raph for ruining his things? They delete the extra materials on the Danish DVD's, and I really wanted to see it. You can send it through yousendit.com, I think...
Old 04-20-2005, 06:45 PM   #212
Last_of_the_Brunnen-G
Random Punk

I need some screen caps but not from the cartoon. Can you still help me out? I need a lot of good screen caps from the original movie showing Casey Jones' hockey mask from different angles including some showing the straps of his mask that go across the back of his head. I make make masks and have wanted a Casey Jones mask for a while. I have a picture of a Jason hockey mask I made at http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../part3mask.jpg
Last_of_the_Brunnen-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 08:26 PM   #213
longing for leo
Foot Soldier

hey guys! oh man, tomorrow's the day! but to tide me over... seeing april's artifact monday made me want more pics! so i've got a very long list, again.

1. when don's got his arms on raph's shoulders. ("they'll just fire their stingers!")
2. every1 gathered around raph. don's got his hand on raph's head. (all angles please!)
3. when leo picks raph up. (all angles again, please)
4. leo climbing down the vine w/ raph.
5. leo standing infront of raph, protecting him from a hornet.
6. leo standing infront of mikey, " " " " " (in the temple).
7. when don & april grab & drag the others

i think that's all, but if any1 sees anymore brotherly/gushy moments like these, i'll take & love em! thanks lots!
longing for leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 12:59 AM   #214
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant

LOL, got most of those, LfL, but I need to get them from the digital recording I got just the other day (they'll look a whole lot better), so it'll be a while for me, at least (esp with tomorrow's ep [*looks at clock* Um, okay, today's episode ], I'm gonna be busy with that ).

LotB-G (what can I call you? LOL) - I've only got a not-so-wonderful copy of the movie taped from the television (I know-- what kind of Turtle fan am I anway to not have a decent copy of the movie?! ). I'll make you some if you're desperate, but otherwise you should have someone with the DVD grab 'em.

The Venus Project

'Geek' pic by Allie
Old 04-23-2005, 10:57 AM   #215
longing for leo
Foot Soldier

oh, oh, oh my.
ok, besides everything from exodus II, i really want:

*spoilers*

frame-by-frame from when leo is flying through the air & falls onto karai's sword & until we see raph's expression w/ karai standing over leo. this is just the most amazing sequence the show has ever produced! &, am i the only 1 who really loves when raph screams "leo! nooo!!!" oh, & 3 more scenes: when leo saves donny, when raph saves mikey, & when splinter knocks mikey outta the way. please! thanks!
longing for leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 11:22 AM   #216
Toonami Tom
Banned

I would like to see almost frame by frame right after Leonardo gets stabbed all the way to when the Utroms freeze frame Shredder's space ship. I din't get to see anything between where Leo was stabbed and the Utroms showed up becasue my local Fox station went out. So any pics of all this would be great like Shredder VS the Turtles and all that good stuff. Just whatever I missed.
Toonami Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 08:29 PM   #217
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist

Here are some from Exodus Part 2. Some of the requested ones are already amongst these:

Old 04-23-2005, 08:36 PM   #218
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist

Old 04-23-2005, 08:39 PM   #219
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist

Old 04-23-2005, 08:42 PM   #220
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist