The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
saiyan_monkey
Hench Mutant

Series 1 made by O-Pee-Chee

I got 3 sets of them today. The title card says 99 cards. The last card #88 says the end but at the bottom says collect all 99 cards. The 3 sets I got today had cards 1-88 and my question is

Did the set come in packs like that with only 88 cards per set or was there really 99 cards in total?????? Jeff Alanders house of checklist states that the stickers 1-11 were in fact made into cards #89-99.

Please help.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:26 PM   #2
CrypTonight
New Recruit

saiyan_monkey, I realize this is an old post, and I wonder if you still visit TheTechnodrome, but the O-Pee-Chee version did in fact have cards (instead of stickers) for #89-to-99.

It's just that they were either pulled from production, or else they were extremely limited (compared to the cards #1-88 ), because every time I see a so-called "full" set for sale, those cards are mysteriously absent.

(You would think there were more of those cards than there are the sticker versions in circulation, because I imagine that a lot of those stickers were actually used, but I guess Topps had a much larger print run.)

However, there is currently someone selling them on ebay! (I'm not sure if I can link outside sites, but search ebay for item "292515622864", and it should turn up.)

The seller is asking quite a bit and seems to know how rare they are, but honestly I've been about curious these myself, and I've never ever seen them anywhere else, so their price is justifiable. (Though you may be able to bargain with them.)

Just thought I'd let you know.

Last edited by CrypTonight; 04-09-2018 at 06:36 PM.
CrypTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:50 PM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

For future reference, when you click a user's avatar it will lead you to their profile, which usually has a date reflecting their last visit. In OP's case it was 08-05-2017. & you are free to share links to ebay listings, yes.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote