The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #261
Warboss74
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmaga123 View Post
It doesn't help when most critics are not fans of the Ninja Turtles and probably had there opinion made up well before seeing the film
Give me a break.
Warboss74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #262
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It doesn't help when most critics are not fans of the Ninja Turtles and probably had there opinion made up well before seeing the film
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron80 View Post
The True Shredder said it best

Quote:
this is just a review about a person'a opinion about the movie. But to be fair I say that to the others on this thread complaining about the review or saying its horrible. Seriously it's just your opinion also and I really don't care about yours either. I'll make my own review of the movie and not let you or IGN make an ultimatum for me.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #263
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Yep, 3 Fresh 5 Rotten, The review came from Cinemablend
http://www.cinemablend.com/reviews/T...les-66268.html
Call me crazy but I found that Cinemablend review hilarious. Dude clearly has a bone to pick.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:36 PM   #264
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
And most critics must be hardcore fans of the Guardians of the Galaxy comics right?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:44 PM   #265
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xav View Post
and most critics must be hardcore fans of the guardians of the galaxy comics right?
bam!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #266
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
And most critics must be hardcore fans of the Guardians of the Galaxy comics right?
Not sure what you mean here.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #267
xChri5x
Stone Warrior

Rottentomatoes is notoriously harsh with most movies. IMDB ratings have a fairer assessment. Even though TMNT has a rating right now, usually they are higher when a movie is just coming out. I think it will settle in the 6 range... maybe around 6.5 which on IMDB is considered a "good" movie.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:03 PM   #268
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xChri5x View Post
Rottentomatoes is notoriously harsh with most movies. IMDB ratings have a fairer assessment. Even though TMNT has a rating right now, usually they are higher when a movie is just coming out. I think it will settle in the 6 range... maybe around 6.5 which on IMDB is considered a "good" movie.
Pft, IMDb? The site where the fan boys will vote 10 across the boards and the trolls vote 0. I'd rather stick with metascore.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #269
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Not sure what you mean here.
If people are giving the film bad reviews because they not fans of the Turtles, than why is Guardians of the Galaxy getting such great reviews? Were those reviewers all fans of Guardians of the Galaxy before they saw the movie?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #270
Commenter 42
Banned

The plants here will slowly and steadily whither and die over the next month, and I for one can hardly wait.

No amount of paid posters can hide the fact that this film is exactly what Eric Eisenberg stated it to be. He does indeed sound like a "fan" whose more than pissed that such an unholy piece of garbage was made from something he loved.

Once the paychecks stop flowing, things will get back to normal around here.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:21 PM   #271
voltron80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
The plants here will slowly and steadily whither and die over the next month, and I for one can hardly wait.

No amount of paid posters can hide the fact that this film is exactly what Eric Eisenberg stated it to be. He does indeed sound like a "fan" whose more than pissed that such an unholy piece of garbage was made from something he loved.

I'm from the future and I went back to the year 2010 to create this account to fight with bubble blowing babies about their hurt feelings about a movie about four giant mutant turtles. If this movie does well I hope you guys hide the razor blades.
voltron80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:21 PM   #272
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
If people are giving the film bad reviews because they not fans of the Turtles, than why is Guardians of the Galaxy getting such great reviews? Were those reviewers all fans of Guardians of the Galaxy before they saw the movie?
Exactly. I've seen GOTG. I knew NOTHING about the film going in. I wasn't particularly interested in the premise to start with, nore do i care about the whole Marvel Vs DC BS.

It's not a great movie, not by a long shot. That's a film I'd give a 7 out of 10.
I wasn't dissapointed, per say, but it isn't really aimed at adults, so I might be outside the demo.

This TMNT however, from all previews, looks to be impossibly bad. Forget the arguments over the design. The story sounds like absolute trash.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #273
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron80 View Post
http://i.imgur.com/Hh9usBm.gif

I'm from the future and I went back to the year 2010 to create this account to fight with bubble blowing babies about their hurt feelings about a movie about four giant mutant turtles. If this movie does well I hope you guys hide the razor blades.
I want you to waste your money dude. Go ahead. buy the stupid, badly painted toys. Get the T-shirt. do it.

This is a movie made for idiots. Go be one of them.

So, because you made the account in 2010, you're not a plant? When PD picked up the rights in 2009...how's that math working for you?
Old 08-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #274
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Quote:

I just bought myself a Ferrari with all my "plant" money. Paramount is paying me a kings ransom to talk positively about this movie.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #275
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Hard to say. Marvel in itself is starting to be like particular directors, critic darlings who can do no wrong. But I can play the other side, where it could be the fact that the critics and the audience truly doesn't know anything about the property, they were easily able to go in with an open mind. They already saw the trailers that pretty much set up the characters, so either you're on board with a talking raccoon that can shoot guns, or you're not.

The Turtles, I often wonder if it is the typical stereo types of each of the brothers, and nothing too complex about them that might be a turn off for critics. Or that they can't take things serious that also might be another thing critics frown upon. I also wonder if the franchise not having some sort of a critical darling name attached to it might also be a deterrent. Could the movies have been better received if Singer, Raimi, Spielberg or Vaughn was attached instead?
Old 08-04-2014, 05:36 PM   #276
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

Ah yes, all the "wait until it's out" and "don't judge it til you've seen it" comments for months and now that reviews from those who've seen it are negative, we'll hear about how they made up their mind beforehand or had a grudge against it or something.

Seriously, it's TMNT. It's never done tremendously well with critics and despite its worldwide popularity across different mediums, it's never been box office blockbuster gold. Kind of surprised the ravenous supporters (note: ravenous supporters, not *all* people who are excited for it, just some) would expect otherwise from the Rotten Tomatoes scores rolling in early.

If it settles around 50%, it's the best rating a TMNT film has ever gotten.

And it's not like Transformers or even *shudder* Resident Evil are strutting high praise on aggregate rating sites.

It's probably a pretty straightforward brain dead popcorn flick without too much depth. At 90 minutes long, there's not a lot of time for depth. It's probably a string of action scenes and jokes.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. It just doesn't make it critically praise-worthy. If it's fun and doesn't distort things too much (already got a glimpse of the new origin from an article....bleh), I'll still have fun watching it.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #277
voltron80
Banned

Quote:
I want you to waste your money dude. Go ahead. buy the stupid, badly painted toys. Get the T-shirt. do it.

Stealing a line from one of your buddies why aren't you respecting my opinion?? For a while I've read the reason many of you think the movie will be bad and it ranges from dumb to damn that's dumb. If I like it what is it to you? I'm not telling you if you don't back this movie 100% then you're not a real fan and you're an evil, evil person. I like dealing with internet fans who hate change more than vampires hate crosses. But I will say this if this movie does well I hope someone removes the sharp items from the basement.
voltron80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:43 PM   #278
MajorViolence
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
Ah yes, all the "wait until it's out" and "don't judge it til you've seen it" comments for months and now that reviews from those who've seen it are negative, we'll hear about how they made up their mind beforehand or had a grudge against it or something.
Quoted for truth.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:49 PM   #279
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:

So, because you made the account in 2010, you're not a plant? When PD picked up the rights in 2009...how's that math working for you?
Old 08-04-2014, 05:52 PM   #280
terrorblade
Foot Soldier

Quote:

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with this guy?
terrorblade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reviews